User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Apr 2005, 02:01   #51
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Re: This years festivals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

I don't know much about Glastonbury this year but I've heard nothing promising.
brian wilson is gonna be there!

(along with these: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festival...php?FestID=790 )
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 02:27   #52
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
I've never seen Oasis live, so I want to
I'd quite like to see Oasis live once since I did actually like them around about the time they were actually producing good stuff.

The rest of the lineup simply doesn't appeal, but as you say it depends what you're into. I just wonder who exactly is into : Scissor Sisters, Franz Ferdinand, Dizzee Rascal, Goldie Looking Chain, Maroon 5 and Joss Stone.

Obviously I am being slightly unfair but it's mainly because I keep hearing about how great the line up is for V.

Most of Download doesn't interest me massively as I said, but I'd quite like to see SOAD, Nightwish, Feeder and Garbage for instance (although contrary to my earlier post, two of those are on the Friday).

As for Glasto....well a lot of those are "rumoured" but of those I'd really only be keen to see Chaz and Dave and Garbage. A few of the others could be cool I guess.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 04:45   #53
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

T in the park has the Beautiful South, Keane, Greenday, and the Killers. I'm good

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 05:14   #54
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i saw oasis at last eyars glastonbury, they were pretty good. i was expecting them to be shit since the only other time i saw them was at a gig in cardiff and they were dreadful.

goldie lookin' chain are ****ing great live! (seen them support SFA when i'd never heard of them, then i saw them again at glasto last year - instead if watching morrisey - and went to see them in manchester a few months ago) would never buy their albums but will always go see them if i can

franz ferdinand were dull as shit at glasto last year, had to leave after 3 songs. wanted to see joss stone actually, she's got a really good band backing her and i heard she put on a really good set

as for chas and dave i saw them in the nightclub in stafford last year, if there's nothing else on i might pop along. snooker loopy
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 05:31   #55
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Going to Reading.

Download looks good on the Sunday, but less so the other two days. And I doubt I could afford it anyway.

I don't know much about Glastonbury this year but I've heard nothing promising. V looks utterly dire so far.
The thing about glastonbury, is that it doesn't matter who plays. It's still amazing.
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 07:26   #56
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwothree
Glastonbury isn't happening next year.
i know, thats why i said another year not next year
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 07:38   #57
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

reading/leeds i think DEFINITELY wins it this year. 22 acts announced so far, and there's only one of them that i wouldn't quite like to see (jimmy eat world).
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 10:58   #58
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Glastonbury isnt about the music. The entire festival is so ****ing amazing that you don't have to see a band to have a good time.

That's what sets it apart in a league of its own against places like Reading and Leeds.

I think it was all summed up for me last year when I was walking down through Greenfields. I suddenly clicked into reality and realised that the man who had been walking in front of me for the last 5 minutes was actually naked, and about 80 years old. I just hadn't batted an eyelid.

The whole place is so surreal and brilliant that you don't care who's playing. That's why the lineup won't be released for another month or so, and yet it was still sold out in less than 24 hours.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 12:16   #59
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

watching new, unknown bands is usually much better than attending festivals to see those famous bands play. they almost never live up to the high expectations you have.
'discovering' a new band with new songs that you haven't heard before is usually much more satisfying, when you came to see them with 0 expectations.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 12:44   #60
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: This years festivals

Whitby is enough excitement for me, thank you.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote