User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:15   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I may or may not have ****ed up my life

Due to my total and utter laziness, I'm also thinking I have some sort of pathological dysfunction in this area as it's rather ridiculous how badly I've ****ed up, I a) failed to withdraw from my college course last year and b) failed to find out the cut-off dates for fee payment for college. So I now have to got into college tomorrow, withdraw officially, get the necessary forms to show how long I was registered there and bring them along to registration this day week. As well as this I have to tell my parents (they've agreed to pay the fees for me on the understanding I pay them back long-term) that half of the full fees due, 2650 euro (or 1800 english quid I think) plus the registration fee of 640 euro, has to be paid by this Friday.

So tomorrow morning I shall have to ring up the admissions office in my previous college and arrange a time to go in and withdraw. And either this evening or tomorrow I will have to tell my parents how badly I've ****ed up on this one. Now my question to you GD is whether or not I should just leave it all and skip the country/college? I'm a fairly intelligent guy (at least I like to think so), but the way in which I've done this has made me think that maybe I really don't want to go to college and I'd rather do something else with my life, at least for this year that is. It's always been expected that I would attend college, get some degree in something and end up at least fairly rich. What if that's not for me though? I don't usually do things like I've described above, in fact I think this is the probably the first time I've ever done anything nearly this bad. Is my subconscious trying to tell me this is not for me? Would rushing through everything and getting into my new course be an even bigger mistake than what I've done already?
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:20   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: I may or may not have ****ed up my life

Couldn't you do another year of sociology?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:21   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good lord but no. Not only would I not want to but I've gone past the cut-off date in that area as well.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:25   #4
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I nearly quit uni. I got convinced into finishing it.
It was lucky actually as my old degree helped me get into my current degree, and it wasn't even in the same field of study.

If you quit the country, where will you go? An English-Speaking country? You need a Visa for the States and Aus (both of which arent that easy to get into), I'm not sure about Canada. You could goto Ireland i suppose. If you goto Europe you'll need to speak thier language. And if you do get there what will you do?

You could just piss off for a year or more and try to decide what you want to do with your life.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:27   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if you need to skip the country you can come and kip on my couch if you want lol
on a more serious note, this is a problem that i have also noted within myself, however, what i would suggest, as it has helped me, is to go and work FULL TIME for a year, the structure can only help you and will possibly sort your head out a little bit for when you go back to uni (and the money is a pleasant bonus)
plus, you can save up a little bit and pay your parents back a little bit and show them that you arent just a giant **** up
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:31   #6
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

I would recommend that you join the Army. Either sign up for something really gung ho like special forces, or something really wimpy like I did. I worked as a public relations/journalist soldier (same as Al Gore) and the U.S. government paid for about 80 percent of my college fees. And I have a decent job working in public relations as a civilian now.

If you don't get killed in action, it will be well worth your time. If you do get killed in action, no worries, you'll be dead.

I served active duty and reserves from 1988 until 2001, and nobody killed me, but a couple of Serbs tried once. One of the two Serbs is dead and the other got away.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:33   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've done this kind of thing constantly for the last 5 years or thereabouts. I dont attach any real significance to it regarding subconscious motivation, but the relevant difference here seems to be that I do it with pretty much everything, whereas you claim that this is the first time. I wouldnt worry too much about the money to be honest, it's only 1000 pounds or so, and I would imagine you could get an overdraft to cover that if your parents said no. I suspect the university would be fairly understanding if you asked for an extension of the deadline by a few weeks (you could feed them some story about how you left it till the last minute because you wanted to be sure this was the course for you after your mistake last year, and didn't make the final decision to commit yourself until recently - it will make you appear fairly responsible imo). In my experience, university deadlines on the administrative side have always been relatively pliant.

I'm off out though, probably post more later.

Last edited by Nodrog; 6 Sep 2004 at 17:40.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:35   #8
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

You have n`t f***ed your life yet. You still have plenty of time to do that.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:42   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I pay my college fees nearly too late every year \o/
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:44   #10
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i dont have to pay any fees
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:47   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The £2000 youre asking your parents for would get you 6 months rent on the Isle of Man. With any degree of intelligence, and a good educational background, youd pick up a job paying £13k a year within a fortnight, and pay 10% total tax & NI on that.

Its a good career move if you cant be arsed with College any further.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:31   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Hey I am a uni dropout and am a taxman now, see education doesnt matter!

oh wait
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:39   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I've done this kind of thing constantly for the last 5 years or thereabouts. I dont attach any real significance to it regarding subconscious motivation, but the relevant difference here seems to be that I do it with pretty much everything, whereas you claim that this is the first time. I wouldnt worry too much about the money to be honest, it's only 1000 pounds or so, and I would imagine you could get an overdraft to cover that if your parents said no. I suspect the university would be fairly understanding if you asked for an extension of the deadline by a few weeks (you could feed them some story about how you left it till the last minute because you wanted to be sure this was the course for you after your mistake last year, and didn't make the final decision to commit yourself until recently - it will make you appear fairly responsible imo). In my experience, university deadlines on the administrative side have always been relatively pliant.

I'm off out though, probably post more later.
So speaks a man with wealthy parents who fall for every line he trots out, every single time
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:43   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I failed my first year of uni, but if I quit I have no idea what the **** I could do anyway so there we go.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:41   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah I do this sort of thing all the time. I pulled out of my first Masters but didn't bother telling them so they took me to court and got a CCJ

But anyway, you could try working for a year. Not because you'll find you like working and/or a career you want to start right away (you won't). But because it'll be so soul crushingly evil that when you do go back to education and your day involves an hour of lectures and being surrounded by pretty girls you'll realise that that truly is the ****ing life of riley and to give it up because you couldn't be arsed to do an application form properly (or whatever) is insanity.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:48   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: I may or may not have ****ed up my life

What the **** is wrong with you people? ****ing philosofag-fagocrats.

Get a job, sir.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:51   #17
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
What the **** is wrong with you people? ****ing philosofag-fagocrats.

Get a job, sir.
That is exactly what I was advocating. Don't you hate it when we agree on something?
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:56   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
That is exactly what I was advocating. Don't you hate it when we agree on something?
I think you'll find that most moderate, sensible people hate hippies as much as the next person.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:58   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Conservatives in agreement shocker.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:59   #20
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

just a question, but what is more worse for you (jonny) the cash or the "accident" with college?

or that you have to tell your accident and the money problem your parents?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 20:05   #21
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
How dare you, sir? I am not a conservative.

I believe that guns should be controlled, and that women should be allowed to have abortions, but not forced to do so by men. Those are both considered liberal attitudes.

I am conservative in that I believe able-bodied and able-minded people should work for a living, but that does not make me a Conservative with a capital C.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 20:14   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Since when was hippie-hating ideologically Conservative? It transcends gender, class, and political allegiance. (Except Communists and Anarchists, who are just bums who live in barrels, contributing nothing to society, and thus don't count.)
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 20:27   #23
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Since when was hippie-hating ideologically Conservative? It transcends gender, class, and political allegiance. (Except Communists and Anarchists, who are just bums who live in barrels, contributing nothing to society, and thus don't count.)
Since the hippies took charge of the U.S. federal government from 1992 to 2000. It was a good plan. Give hippies enough rope and they will eventually hang themselves. :eek:
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 20:49   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Since when was hippie-hating ideologically Conservative?
Since hippies were invented. Besides I was referring to the views you generally post on this forum, not just restricted to hippie hating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
that does not make me a Conservative with a capital C.
My 'conservative' only had a capital C because it was at the beginning of a sentence.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 20:52   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I hardly express my political views on this forum, because there is little genuine political debate. On the philosophical and foreign policy threads, which are the nearest approximations, most of my views are not unqiuely Conservative. Indeed, usually quite the contrary.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:02   #26
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
My 'conservative' only had a capital C because it was at the beginning of a sentence.
I know I often appear conservative on these forums. I am really somewhere in the middle. I lived too long amongst you Europeans to be a true U.S. right wing conservative.

For example, I write my representative in Congress every year and tell him that I expect him to support the United Nations. That is not normal for Americans, and would be classified as liberal. I'm not sure why that is classified as liberal, but there you go. Liberal and conservative really make no sense. Why is supporting abortion liberal? Why is supporting gun control liberal? Why is supporting the United Nations idiotic... uhh I mean liberal. I support the United Nations because i think it is the right thing to do. Not because of love of God or America or even Texas.

I support the United Nations because I have this vision of the future that I would like to see happen.

It's not a conservative U.S. vision, but neither is it a liberal vision. It's my vision.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:09   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I hardly express my political views on this forum, because there is little genuine political debate.
I disagree entirely. There are lots of political threads (well, less than say football or 'I can't get this girl to sleep with me' threads but still a fair number). But I suspect we're talking at cross purposes here. My definition of a philosophical thread would be something like QDS' "How can I know a rock exists" recent attempt.

And I've never seen you post anything even remotely radical in the 'foriegn policy & philosophy' threads, not that I pay attention a great-deal. My term wasn't supposed to be derogatory - often the conservative viewpoint is the correct one. I often disagree strongly with the politics (or ethics, if you prefer) of people like Nod, or queball or JBG - but they are (when they wish to be) radical in their opinions. I cannot say the same for yourself, although perhaps that is unfairly contrasting you with other people on these forums.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:15   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
just a question, but what is more worse for you (jonny) the cash or the "accident" with college?

or that you have to tell your accident and the money problem your parents?
The "accident" with college, and the fact I feel I let myself down but I'm unsure why. Telling my parents is no big deal (I did it a couple of hours ago and had a chat with them about everything).
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:25   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
I disagree entirely. There are lots of political threads (well, less than say football or 'I can't get this girl to sleep with me' threads but still a fair number). But I suspect we're talking at cross purposes here. My definition of a philosophical thread would be something like QDS' "How can I know a rock exists" recent attempt.
There is very little of either, as far as I can tell, regardless of definitions. Although perhaps I'm not paying attention. Even relative to what used to be posted, the amount is small.

Quote:
And I've never seen you post anything even remotely radical in the 'foriegn policy & philosophy' threads, not that I pay attention a great-deal.
Well, I wouldn't consider myself a radical to begin with. But a lack of radicalism doesn't automatically equate with ideological Conservatism. Although, of course, many of my opinions are mainstream, at least relative to what is posted here.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 23:08   #30
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

no, on the net yes.

edit: i doubt that the lazyness for jonny is the prob but more the question why he is.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 01:31   #31
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have been in the real world for two years now.

I have come to the conclusion that it sucks META balls.

As such i plan on saving up some money and going back to Uni next year (to do the "Uni Thing" properly).

As such i support what Dante says in this thread (about work making you appreciate Uni).

As such i think maybe you should work for a year JBG.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 02:14   #32
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've been in the real world for two weeks after I quit school. I was unemployed, and quickly found out that neither unemployment, school nor work was anything for me.
Im still figuring out what to do
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 03:27   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

I have decided to struggle through college and see what happens as unfortunately there aren't exactly that many things which I could do without a college degree which totally appeal to me. Personally I blame society on this one.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 04:07   #34
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

struggling through college is way easier then struggling through a shit job, good decision jonnykins
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 08:48   #35
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Johnny I sympathise. My subconcious sabotaged my university life. I eventually repeated part of my final year and just scraped through by putting in some last minute work I really didn't want to even do.

Depending on how long you've left, I'd say struggle on as you are doing and try to get that piece of paper that "allows" you to get a job in your chosen career.

Society blows.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 09:22   #36
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

youth is wasted on the young [/quote]
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 09:59   #37
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

They really need to make vocational qualifications a compulsory part of high school cirriculums, then perhaps we wouldn't have this generation of seemingly apathetic wasters.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 10:09   #38
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Perhaps you should serve as a paragon of acheivement for this "generation of apathethic wasters" helping us all to aim so high. Like you did. Sunday.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:08   #39
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

gimme your account number so I can donate a penny to help you . Bet a lot of gd pll would like to do that
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:09   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
They really need to make vocational qualifications a compulsory part of high school cirriculums, then perhaps we wouldn't have this generation of seemingly apathetic wasters.
I'm aware you're merely trolling but please don't make such groundless generalisations about me in future.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:17   #41
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm aware you're merely trolling but please don't make such groundless generalisations about me in future.

or??
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:20   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

There is no "or", being factually correct is it's own reward.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:28   #43
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

on the plus side, sunday is including himself in that generation of apathetic wasters, so we can all take the piss out of him now for being an apathetic waster
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 12:30   #44
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to admit though, people in school would rather learn stuff that is actually useful in the workplace than some set of formula's they'll never ever use again post 21 yo's.

Am I rite?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 12:33   #45
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Late fees are a common occurence?
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 12:33   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

No. For example the fact I did honours maths and applied maths will serve me well over the next few years in maths science, and presumably if I stay in this career area it'll help me in the "working world". Also perhaps creating mindless drones to fill the vacant spots in the economy shouldn't be the entire goal of our education system?

Edit: Boogster, the "I may or may not have ****ed up my life" bit is more in reference to the I might be going into college when I don't want to idea rather than being slightly late with fees (the fine for which I believe is about 65 euro, a sum I can just about afford.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 17:30   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
the "I may or may not have ****ed up my life" bit is more in reference to the I might be going into college when I don't want to.
It's pretty hard to **** up your life by going to University, unless you're going to get addicted to smack or run up stupidly impressive debts (say £100,000+). In ten years time if you've realised you want to do something completely different a degree is rarely going to have done you harm.

The only people for whom I'd say doing a degree might help **** up their life would be aspiring child prodigy sportsperson or something, where there might only be a small window of opportunity to be a Wayne Rooney-esque success.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 19:07   #48
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Don't be retarded: get your ass in gear, do what is necessary and finish your degree.

1- I am hardly unbiased here, as I went to university thrice for three degrees, so obviously higher education is something I value. But I also work on one of the hiring boards for new recruits, and if you don't have a university of college degree, we shred it instantly. Not having the degree, even if its not a field you intend to pursue, closes a LOT of doors.

2- Now of course, University is not for everyone, some languish there and would be much better suited in another line of work. However, in ANY line of work, advancement is usually limited without a degree, management is usually beyond reach. More importantly, most people who would prefer another vocation to University KNOW what that vocation is and make the choice in an informed manner. Your choice seems to be leave university and do "something".

Which brings me back to, get your ass in gear and get your degree. Let me put it another way: NEVER in your life, in ANY job, will you ever be refused a position because you have a university degree, AND you broaden your horizons and better yourself, so whats the problem?

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 19:13   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

In this thread I discover verm's actually my dad
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 19:18   #50
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A scary prospect.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote