User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:06   #1
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of
Eve-online or Planetside?

Whilst waiting for my ADSL modem to arrive I have been considering buying/subscribing to one of these games and I have found them both to be equally enticing which is a shame because I only have enough time in my life to play one of them to any 'enjoyable' level (IE I dont want to be fired and/or dumped).

Now, I require the advice of you peons as to which you would recommend to me and if you could please provide some kind of reason (large userbase,good value,enjoyment,prettiness,decent community,uptime and the like) for your recommendation I would be thankful.

And before any says "read a ****ing review" or "get a trial demo" : I have read reviews and they tend to rank Eve and Planetside together and all the demo's I have seen have passed their usable period +I am still on a 56k slowdem at the moment.

Thank you for your help in advance.

**** you for your uselessness in advance.

/edit Oh and I am not really interested in WoW, it doesn't float my boat much although I acknowledge that it does seem to be massive and original/brilliant.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:08   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Eve-online or Planetside?

Planetside is one of those games where you spend 9 hours looking for a good fight. Most of the time you're either hopeless outnumbered, or hopelessly outnumber your foes.

When you do find a good fight, it is amazingly fun mind.

Eve is full of griefing pricks, and should be avoided.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:30   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Starwars Galaxies is fun for a few months.
</offtopic>
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:34   #4
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i started eve when it was first launched, it was ok - the graphics and gameplay were good. gets very boring shooting at rocks all day tho. i didnt renew my subscription.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:40   #5
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Hey? What's wrong with Planetarion?
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:49   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

It doesnt exist anymore, does it?
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 17:52   #7
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Yes it does. It keeps dying and coming back to life again, except this time it died, came back to life and managed to actually have more people playing it than the previous round. Pity you just missed it tbh, it was the first decent round since round4~ish.

I've played neither but I have friends who say that Planetside is better. Mind you, I know people who prefer eve.... </uselessness>
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:17   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Eve is the most boring online game I've ever played. Still I understand why people are attracted to it, the boredom is too big for me though.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:19   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
Starwars Galaxies is fun for a few months.
</offtopic>
Anarchy Online is everything that SWG is lacking, you won't see a lot of Jedi knights and stormtroopers though.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:42   #10
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

beta'd eve, didn't think it was that great. brother plays it endlessly, but don't really see the fun in building ships...

just canceled my subscription to planetside. it's not better than counterstrike, which is a one off payment

now waiting on wow, if i cba

-mist
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:45   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i play eve and its good, at least if you get to do pvp and stuff otherwise its pretty dull but i have two accounts cos its good so thats why cos its good
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 19:05   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I beta'd Dark Age of Camelot, which was pretty
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 22:26   #13
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Eve: Full of griefers and has eventually succumbed to the fans input which has lead to a hash of a game.

Planetside: pretty but vacant.

If however you end up looking at the FFXI/DAOC etc etc category wait for World of Warcraft, it is utterly ****ing amazing.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 22:33   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Don't know if you've tried having a social life - helps to over-ride your introvertive self.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 23:14   #15
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about

Out of the two......planetside.

I played for around 6 months. Good game, find a good clan and you'll love mass raids.

Eve i've not played but if you enjoy transporting your cargo ship through 6 hours of space that all looks the same then enjoy sim-space transporter.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 00:17   #16
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
i play it atm, does rock, but after 2 expansion packs takes a LOOOOOONG time to get into, if you work full time you may not get much out of it :/

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 12:35   #17
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Planetside is good, and ever expanding.
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 14:26   #18
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My cable comes on Saturday, I'm probably going to go for Planetside, drop me a PM if you decide on that, I could use someone to run about and generally newbie about with
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 14:45   #19
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

The way eve online looks is cool and fun. But its a shame there is no fun in the gameplay. I found it to be more amusing building your characters face then the whole game. In the beging of the game you needed to farm from astroids. Seen to the fact that it was so boring I quit playing.
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2004, 14:52   #20
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Im still a complete DAoC addict. Has probably changed a lot since you last played though.

Hib/Pryd case anyone else plays.
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 22:56   #21
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

I have gone with Eve for the moment, simply because I managed to find a 14 day trial for it and the planetside one wouldn't download for some reason.
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 23:36   #22
alastair18

alastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging.Retard
Im still a complete DAoC addict. Has probably changed a lot since you last played though.

Hib/Pryd case anyone else plays.
Mid/Pryd here

I am not completely addicted but play it enough to still be fairly good. DaoC is not that friendly on new players now although with a little effort you quickly get over that. However thats off topic.
alastair18 is offline   Reply With Quote