User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:44   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Madness, the cure, and morrissey

right, just in case any of you callous bastards noticed, ive been away for the last 4 days, seeing as i was at that move festival thingummy in manchester. The best gig of the weekend probably goes to morrissey, i made my hair into a stupid quiff for that day, but it became less ironic as i realised how good he was, simply brilliant. Maybe it was because it was in manchester, but he did a good amount of smiths songs (3 or 4 i think, im no expert) and the best ones from his solo career. Only 2 from the new album, but the good ones (hector was the first to die and irish blood english heart). Anyway, morrissey is brilliant.

Jimmy cliff was also great, but the crowd wasnt really there as he was on the first day when there werent too many people so it wasnt really as good as it could have been with a bit more participation.

The cure were a bit dissapointing as they only really played the entirety of the new album and a couple of old songs (boys dont cry was great). But still fab. Although i was at the front with loads of little goths.

Madness were good, but their skinhead contingent made being in the audience slightly less enjoyable than it should have been, too much moronic chanting for my liking. But still, they played all the hits

too many other bands to mention, but goldfrapp, tim booth, and elbow were also great.

I was staying in my house for next year at the weekend, which was also nice and convenient, and found out from uni that i got a 2:1 in everything apart from the units where i didnt hand stuff in, i also found out i got a job while i was up there, so a pretty good weekend all in all.

hoorah!
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:48   #2
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: Madness, the cure, and morrissey

what!? no hip hop/jazz?! and you call it "festival?! hahaha hohoh blah..

nice to see you enjoyed your weekend.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:56   #3
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Zaphod I is an unknown quantity at this point

Festivals are great!

I'm goin to one next weekend and looking forward to it! There's probably not that many bands that you would know (since most of them are finnish)... let me think... Cradle of Filth... The Soundtrack Of Our Lives..?

But anyway, glad you had fun. My turn next

-Zaps
Zaphod I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:01   #4
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

I have to sa for me morrissey is one of the most underated pop acts I have ever heard. I always thought of him to be slightly naff until I actually listened to some of his and the smiths songs.

So i agree as someone else who used to see him as naff as well
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:03   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

he is still a depressing bastard though
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:04   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A lot of my uni friends seem to like the Smiths/Morissey. Which is funny because i cant think of a single friend i have southside of glasgow here that ever talks about them/him. Its not bad but i cant say it grabs me

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:09   #7
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
he is still a depressing bastard though
Do we live in a fluffy cute world or one filled with greed, hate and cynicism?

I would actually say he is real rather than depressing. Do you like the fast food song by chance?
Proud to be Independent
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 18:28   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I own a Smith's album.

"Meat is murder"

I bought it for it's deliberately ironic title and was disappointed to find it wasn't so intentional.

[/I'll be your friend too]
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 01:30   #9
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i was at glastonbury, morrisey was there too. i didnt go to see him. i watched goldie lookin chain instead. i think i made the right decision
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 02:17   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
i was at glastonbury, morrisey was there too. i didnt go to see him. i watched goldie lookin chain instead. i think i made the right decision
death plus you equals a winning combination
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 09:21   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Do we live in a fluffy cute world or one filled with greed, hate and cynicism?

I would actually say he is real rather than depressing. Do you like the fast food song by chance?

actually, no, i like mostly metal/rock so
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 09:38   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's possible to be "real" without being dirgeful.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 10:00   #13
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's possible to be "real" without being dirgeful.
depends

Most of the real issues will by default have some element of what people would declare depressive.

It would not be an issue without being slightly depressing
Proud to be Independent
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 10:13   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It might be depressing in the sense that it is bad, but you could be angry about it.

Pessimism of the intellect, optimism of the will, etc.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 10:17   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I detest Morrissey, that bastard is a pain in the arse. I had to listen to my deadbeat uncle play shitty Smiths albums all fking night when I had to stay at my granda's as a child.
Constantly, over and over, that EXACT same way he sings EVERY damn song. It drove me mad. I've hated the man ever since.

I hate Madness for the same reason, cept it was my Aunt who played them to death the entire time.

The Cure, I have nothing against really. I avoid them and their stuff is not forced on me. I like one or two of their songs but I'd not buy their albums.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 16:24   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
I detest Morrissey, that bastard is a pain in the arse. I had to listen to my deadbeat uncle play shitty Smiths albums all fking night when I had to stay at my granda's as a child.
Constantly, over and over, that EXACT same way he sings EVERY damn song. It drove me mad. I've hated the man ever since.

I hate Madness for the same reason, cept it was my Aunt who played them to death the entire time.

The Cure, I have nothing against really. I avoid them and their stuff is not forced on me. I like one or two of their songs but I'd not buy their albums.
obviously children wont appreciate the genius that is morrissey

anyway, your opinion is void as you are named after incubus and therefore like them (i assume)
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 19:28   #17
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point

i went to all days, was quite good. suggs got the whole crowd to wave at me and my mates, which was a laugh. the cure were good, but played quite and obscure set. the pixies on saturday were mindblowing, and all the big words that mean good. Morrissey was really good, espcially on there is a light that never goes out, but he did do quite alot of his new album, including all the lazy dykes, which is a bit shit.
jimmy cliff looked like a ninja, and played a solid gold set, only marred by sound problems.
tis an okay festival, but really should be 3 days, there were too many shit bands.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 19:48   #18
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
death plus you equals a winning combination
pffft, you clown, you havent got a clue!

"Burned a new 'ole in my tracksuit today
smoking soap bar with out an ashtray"

"want some draw? with me you'll score
cuz i grows this shit out my nan's back door"

seen 'em twice now, once supporting the super furries in cardiff and once at glastonbury (they were brilliant both times!)

Unread 16 Jul 2004, 03:42   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As an aside did anyone else think this:

"Morrissey, madness and the cure"

would have been a better thread title?

The cure to the Morrissey induced insanity being the disconnection of the offending cd player.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 03:49   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Most of the real issues will by default have some element of what people would declare depressive.

It would not be an issue without being slightly depressing
Hold on, what?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 13:11   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Hold on, what?
he is saying that one can only talk about problems while attempting to slit one's wrists, and that merely explaining them normally is probably selling out*.

*may have extrapolated slightly
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 15:51   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarencetheclockworkcake
i went to all days, was quite good. suggs got the whole crowd to wave at me and my mates, which was a laugh. the cure were good, but played quite and obscure set. the pixies on saturday were mindblowing, and all the big words that mean good. Morrissey was really good, espcially on there is a light that never goes out, but he did do quite alot of his new album, including all the lazy dykes, which is a bit shit.
jimmy cliff looked like a ninja, and played a solid gold set, only marred by sound problems.
tis an okay festival, but really should be 3 days, there were too many shit bands.
im sure youre right on the more new stuff from morrissey thing...

but

hahaha! you left when suggs took the piss out of you. pwned.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 15:53   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I saw Suggs in Camden recently. He looked at me with some disgust in his eyes.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 18:26   #24
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
im sure youre right on the more new stuff from morrissey thing...

but

hahaha! you left when suggs took the piss out of you. pwned.
twas becuase my friend felt really ill, as he had smoked too much weed. hence him not dancing. i was the one in hte hoodie, not the one in sunglasses and black coat.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote