User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Oct 2013, 05:20   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Salvage for attackers

This could change game dynamics quite a bit but I think it is worth exploring.

My thoughts being, if an alliance is in full war status against another alliance, then salvage goes to attackers rather than defenders.

I am not sure how it would work in practice, maybe an alliance would have to declare war ingame or something.

And an alliance can only be 'at war' with 2 alliances at a time. If alliance that is at war with another sends less than say, 30 fleets at the alliance within a 24 hour, the war status is cancelled automatically and cant be renewed for 1 week (to stop abuse).

Maybe even go as far as attackers only get salvage if an alliance is above you in the ranks?
There is absolutely no incentive to hit up the ranks in pa, everyone hits down, for far too long and that needs to change
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2013, 05:43   #2
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Salvage for attackers

Simply no.

There are other ways to "toy" with relations:

Allied -1 eta (defence only allowed)
Friendly - 5% cap rate
Neutral -
Hostile +5% cap rate
War +15% cap rate

just to give an example, but to give salvage for attackers... thats just NO
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2013, 05:45   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Attacker salvage is one of those things that seem small but actually have huge consequences for the game. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but we should try to figure out what the effects would be (all of them, not just the ones we like) before making a decision.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2013, 08:37   #4
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
This could change game dynamics quite a bit but I think it is worth exploring.

My thoughts being, if an alliance is in full war status against another alliance, then salvage goes to attackers rather than defenders.

I am not sure how it would work in practice, maybe an alliance would have to declare war ingame or something.

And an alliance can only be 'at war' with 2 alliances at a time. If alliance that is at war with another sends less than say, 30 fleets at the alliance within a 24 hour, the war status is cancelled automatically and cant be renewed for 1 week (to stop abuse).

Maybe even go as far as attackers only get salvage if an alliance is above you in the ranks?
There is absolutely no incentive to hit up the ranks in pa, everyone hits down, for far too long and that needs to change
after being at #1 since PT156, i can assure you alliances haven't just been hitting down. We have been at 1 fleet attack or grounded since pt350 as a result of incs, with the exception of 2 nights.

There are some incentives of hitting up, but the trouble landing generally outweights the benefit of these incentives. This, however, is a stats issue more than anything.

The automatic cancelling of war status sucks, as there is no way you can send out enough attackfleets when you are being banged by multiple allies and you are grounded.

I'm all for additional incentives to war, but these have to be 2 sided incentives. Think of additional salvage when defending with additional xp/roidcap when landing. I think this round showed all too much how staying out of war is rather beneficial, look at FAnG taking a roidlead when Vikings was at war with CT/ND/Spore, and CT bridging the gap to FAnG during the Vikings/Apprime vs FAnG/ND war. To promote 'hitting up' these war bonuses should be based around the value between the warring alliances. So say Vikings war Spore, Spore get the maximum bonuses, where Vikings only get a minor bonus.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2013, 20:40   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Salvage for attackers would make defence even harder and make the rewards for bashing even higher. There are already enough incentives to attack - salvage is really the only material incentive to defend.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2013, 21:19   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Getting defense is the incentive to defend.

There are some problems with salvage, but all of the ones I know of can be solved by implementing a no-gain system.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2013, 22:22   #7
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

You're right (of course) - that's why I said *material* incentive.

We all know that giving defence is part of the teamwork needed to play this game - but there are still plenty of selfish players (and they know who they are) who will hog as much defence as they can whilst constantly attacking with three fleets.

As to the idea of encouraging wars between alliances I think it's well worth exploring. I just don't think that "rewarding" individuals for attacking is the way to go.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2013, 18:24   #8
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Jesus christ no.

This has to be one of the worst suggestions going, its already shit enough to defend against suiciding idiots who get mass XP for being stupid.

Let alone giving them salvage already... If anything i'd rather see defending salvage increased, how is it fair i can fully wipe a fleet but make a massive loss?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 11:39   #9
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I used to play a game where you got attacking salvage but they had it so you had to build salvage ships to get this salvage. Might be a way to make it more viable, to have ships that specifically collect salvage after battle and do nothing else yet can be killed. Would add an element to the game i think.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote