User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 12:11   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Question question about java script

Given the vast number of threads in this forum I dont think there someone here who can help me, but I'll try anyway. I don't know much about java script, so atm im trying to copy whatever I need from various sources. Now my Problem is this:
There are two websites on two different servers. If the users clicks on a button on Website A a popup window with content from website B opens. The code looks something like this:

<html>
<head>
<title>My File Browser</title>
<script type="text/javascript">

function SelectFile( fileUrl )
{
window.opener.SetUrl( fileUrl ) ;
window.close() ;
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<a href="java script:SelectFile('File1.jpg');">File 1</a><br />
<a href="java script:SelectFile('File2.jpg');">File 2</a>
</body>
</html>

In this window the user is supposed to click on a link. After doing so some value is to be put in an input field in website A and website B is to be closed.
Now this all works perfectly fine as long as both websites are on the same server. Unfortunatly the whole point of me doing this is because they are not Is there any easy way to make this work? I just need some way to put a filename into an input field