User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jul 2003, 19:39   #1
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
bah...

<Spinner> Rd 10 will be all random

lovely.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 19:50   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Goodness!
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:09   #3
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
At the moment, that's the only good thing I've heard about round 10 so far.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:21   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
don't worry be happy
woohoohoooohooho....

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:22   #5
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
At the moment, that's the only good thing I've heard about round 10 so far.
I have to slap me for that, but I again agree fullheartly with Scouse...
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 20:27   #6
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
You will say that untill you land in the gal i was in in r8.
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:13   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
In round 10 there will be more emphasis on solo-play. Personal skill will count more towards your score than your alliance and galaxy connections (so Spinner hopes to achieve with his new design). If you can't deal with that you should get back to playing monopoly with your little brother while manipulating the cards a tad because you're a poor loser.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:20   #8
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
In round 10 there will be more emphasis on solo-play. Personal skill will count more towards your score than your alliance and galaxy connections (so Spinner hopes to achieve with his new design). If you can't deal with that you should get back to playing monopoly with your little brother while manipulating the cards a tad because you're a poor loser.
My alliance is the only reason I'm still playing.
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:25   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Toop
My alliance is the only reason I'm still playing.
Why? Because they are good friends? Or because they can save your ass when you mess up?
If they are good friends, can't you just hang out with them on IRC, like people do in #forums or so?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:26   #10
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
In round 10 there will be more emphasis on solo-play. Personal skill will count more towards your score than your alliance and galaxy connections

how can i not do good then :P
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:30   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Why? Because they are good friends? Or because they can save your ass when you mess up?
If they are good friends, can't you just hang out with them on IRC, like people do in #forums or so?
Loyalty to those friends and the feeling that you don't want to let them down by not playing is why most us play. That's where Spanner's biggest mistake is going to be he actually thinks play Planetarion for the ship stats and gameplay

The majority of people's opinions with the limited information that us peons get is that Round 10 is sounding wank.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 22:42   #12
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

TeraHertz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
hey, monopoly rocks!
If they want more solo play, then they should abolish galaxies all together.
TeraHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 22:46   #13
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Loyalty to those friends and the feeling that you don't want to let them down by not playing is why most us play. That's where Spanner's biggest mistake is going to be he actually thinks play Planetarion for the ship stats and gameplay
You obviously talk about the "old" PA, the PA you are used to. The PA you co-created by playing it and working in an alliance which evolved in they way it did because of the "old" PA.
I really don't know how this game will look like in r10 and I have no clue about all the new features. But at least I do not say "Bah - all this will kill the game". The game for sure will evolve in another direction. If "good" or "bad" is something we only can judge afterwards. For the time being we all can stick to the "love it or change it - if you cann't change it - leave it". And you all can change it as you all have done so in the past. If you say this game is not about the stats and gameplay, then you have more control over the game than Spinner! USE YOUR POWER!

Btw - if the game evolvs in a direction where an average "n00b" or "lowbie" can enjoy it without being in a "decent" alliance, and ppl cannot be bashed into oblivion (as I experienced 3 times - was no fun anymore after the 5th week of constant incs without any chance to do something about it) just by bad luck, it will surely evolve in a more friendly direction.

Finally - I personally would welcome more "game" and less "profession" in PA
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 22:47   #14
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
You will say that untill you land in the gal i was in in r8.
I seriously doubt your round 8 galaxy to be any worse than either (I exiled once) of my galaxies this round, and I'm still completely for randoms.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 15 Jul 2003, 23:04   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
I have to slap me for that, but I again agree fullheartly with Scouse...
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 23:31   #16
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
[Inquiry as to why private galaxies would be preferrable]

Last edited by Leshy; 15 Jul 2003 at 23:53.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 23:51   #17
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Banned
I'm curious, [PM me what the species of animal you were referring to is.]

Private is better because you're with your mates who are similarly active, or at least active until the point when you're never attacked. The "man alone" style of play takes too much time. You have to be a total deciple of PA to play like that.

See that key left of "A"? Try toggling it, you're appears to be stuck.

Last edited by Leshy; 16 Jul 2003 at 00:18.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:00   #18
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
I am not for random, or private, but a mix of both. Spinner wont listen though
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:06   #19
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

Yeah, mixed would be good. Maybe 6 private, 6 random or something. One person to watch out each night, + hopefuly one of the randoms would too.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:08   #20
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Banned

For those who are wondering Mr Banner Full Caped a rather offensive remark, and our posts were edited by a moderator.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:13   #21
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Originally posted by TeraHertz
For those who are wondering Mr Banner Full Caped a rather offensive remark, and our posts were edited by a moderator.
Maybe if you weren't such an utter tit he wouldn't have too.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:14   #22
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Maybe if you weren't such an utter tit he wouldn't have too.

Hmm, if I'm a tit, then you make us the pair.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:16   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
And here I was thinking the Last edited by Leshy under the post was enough of a giveaway!

Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:19   #24
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

Quote:
Hmm, if I'm a tit, then you make us the pair.
*TeraHertz bludgeons ParraCida to death with his wit.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:23   #25
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
And here I was thinking the Last edited by Leshy under the post was enough of a giveaway!

heheh, its hard to spot on at hi res though, some people might not have spotted it
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:49   #26
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Private is better because you're with your mates who are similarly active, or at least active until the point when you're never attacked. The "man alone" style of play takes too much time. You have to be a total deciple of PA to play like that.

Private is also worse for some of those reasons.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:56   #27
Atul
Xanadu

Atul is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Private is also worse for some of those reasons.
private brought the round with most players in pa history
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 01:03   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Atul
Free accounts brought the round with most players in pa history.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 01:04   #29
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I wouldn't attribute the universe size to private galaxies in r4.

There were alot of planets because the game was free, and to a lesser extent, because you could cheat like mad and get away with it.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 12:27   #30
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
That's a terrbily simplified view. As already mentioned it was being free what brought the most planets. There's plenty of reasons as to why randoms are better than private, but I won't rehash them for the tenth time here since the decision has already been made, and Spinner won't be persuaded otherwise, thank God.

Unread 16 Jul 2003, 12:59   #31
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Because they are good friends.

Quote:
That's exactly what I'll do .
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote