User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:40   #1
Klendau II
Governor

Klendau II is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to clarify..

I'm just a tad confused at the minute, would like clarification..

2 people from the same IP (i.e. 2 brothers/a father and son etc) are not allowed to play Planetarion, as they share an IP?

If 2 people do sign up, both with correct signup information (names/phone numbers etc), they are allowed to play a month or so of the round, and THEN they are closed, meaning they have sufficiently wasted 1month of their time.

And if, heaven forbid, someone logs in from work, college, or a friends house to check their planet (i.e. not the standard login IP), they are considered to be account sharing with other people and are thus closed on the spot without further investigation.

And in the worst scenario of them all, someone actually defends their rl mate who phones them saying "help me fs, i've got eta <...> incoming!" then they are most definitely an owner of multiple accounts.

Last night I saw 2 planets in a galaxy (who I was attacking) both come online for 2minutes in between 00:14 - 00:21 GMT, they logged in, saw they had incoming, logged out, and within 5minutes they were both covered from planets under 5mill, who were ALL offline 10minutes later when I scanned them. This morning I saw 3 of my gal mates get closed for absolutely ludicrous reasons, and even if they are reopened, they still lose a day's worth of playing, plus they are losing the will to play a game which has become shrowded by incidents like these.

I just find it very unfair that 3 honest players can be closed for no genuine reasons, and then 9 planets can get away with it (arguably run by 1 or 2 people).

Very well done PA Crew.

I'll bum 'em all.

<Sad> when ur cyb0ring klen it is
<Sad> he gives u soo much pleasure
<Foxman> and always bring animals into the cyb0r
<Sad> he does yes
Klendau II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 14:57   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Just to clarify..

Quote:
Originally posted by Klendau II
2 people from the same IP (i.e. 2 brothers/a father and son etc) are not allowed to play Planetarion, as they share an IP?
Two people are allowed to play from the same IP address, as long as there is little to no cooperation between the accounts.
Quote:
And if, heaven forbid, someone logs in from work, college, or a friends house to check their planet (i.e. not the standard login IP), they are considered to be account sharing with other people and are thus closed on the spot without further investigation.
The IP address is never used as a criterium for account closure. As long as you are playing by the rules, you can log into your account from anywhere you like without having to worry about having your planet closed.
Quote:
Last night I saw 2 planets in a galaxy (who I was attacking) both come online for 2minutes in between 00:14 - 00:21 GMT, they logged in, saw they had incoming, logged out, and within 5minutes they were both covered from planets under 5mill, who were ALL offline 10minutes later when I scanned them.
Hopefully you've reported them, so that they can be investigated.
Quote:
This morning I saw 3 of my gal mates get closed for absolutely ludicrous reasons
Accounts are never closed for ludicrous reasons. Account closure is only applied if there is enough evidence for cheating or other breaking of the rules - the fact that you see people who seem like obvious multi's to you are still open is most likely because not enough evidence towards cheating is available. The multihunters still operate on an innocent until proven basis.
Quote:
PA Crew.
PA Team.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 15:33   #3
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ABOUT 4 BILLION TIMES. NOBODY CARES, GET OVER IT YOU ****ING WANK SHAFT
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 15:40   #4
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Just to clarify..

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Two people are allowed to play from the same IP address, as long as there is little to no cooperation between the accounts.
I would love someone to try and tell me that I'm not allowed to defend/attack with my bother, or else I'd be closed. I've been doing it since round 1, I'm not going to stop now, because of some shi*e rule.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 15:45   #5
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Re: Re: Just to clarify..

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I would love someone to try and tell me that I'm not allowed to defend/attack with my bother, or else I'd be closed. I've been doing it since round 1, I'm not going to stop now, because of some shi*e rule.
Agreed.

It is a stupid rule to say that u cant defend your sibling/partner etc., but I can understand why it would be said.

Me and gemz were defending each other when we had incs at each other's homes at the beginning of the round, does that mean that we should have to be closed when we are playing the game??

</rhetorical_question>
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 15:48   #6
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
C'mon Scouse, have you ever been closed for it? It's a scare tactic and is there to be used as evidence if there's anything shady going on.

And @ Klen - I've been logging on from multiple PCs at work and from home and from friend's houses.. I'm not closed. I seriously doubt the planet got closed if there weren't any rules being broken.

Funny how it's the same people getting closed every round, and the same people moaning 'but we didn't cheat'.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 15:57   #7
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
As long as your brother isn't much smaller than you and the only thing he does is building ships to send them along your attacks, it shouldn't be a problem.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 16:13   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
deja vu

Lo Klen .
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 19:25   #9
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just to clarify..

Quote:
Originally posted by SPQR
As long as your brother isn't much smaller than you and the only thing he does is building ships to send them along your attacks, it shouldn't be a problem.
This round he's about double my score and he's the one constantly defending me.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 19:42   #10
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just to clarify..

Quote:
Originally posted by Klendau II
I'm just a tad confused at the minute, would like clarification..

If 2 people do sign up, both with correct signup information (names/phone numbers etc), they are allowed to play a month or so of the round, and THEN they are closed, meaning they have sufficiently wasted 1month of their time.

And in the worst scenario of them all, someone actually defends their rl mate who phones them saying "help me fs, i've got eta <...> incoming!" then they are most definitely an owner of multiple accounts.

Last night I saw 2 planets in a galaxy (who I was attacking) both come online for 2minutes in between 00:14 - 00:21 GMT, they logged in, saw they had incoming, logged out, and within 5minutes they were both covered from planets under 5mill, who were ALL offline 10minutes later when I scanned them. This morning I saw 3 of my gal mates get closed for absolutely ludicrous reasons, and even if they are reopened, they still lose a day's worth of playing, plus they are losing the will to play a game which has become shrowded by incidents like these.

I just find it very unfair that 3 honest players can be closed for no genuine reasons, and then 9 planets can get away with it (arguably run by 1 or 2 people).

Very well done PA Crew.
Quite often this is the type of thread that normally lacks the FULL details of a closure case. Often the evidence/reason they where actually closed in the first place. Noone would be delted just because they acess there account from a different IP than normal, and noone would be closed because the same IP acessed on two accounts.

Something to bear in mind when reading such threads is who has the most to benifit, by posting it. No the multi-hunter, he has no bias and most probally doesnt even know what alliance nor the inidividual who owns an account. Therfore each case is treated individually and with the same even hand. In many cases, the hunter doesnt even know what score the planet is, as its not a factor in the decision of closure.

Quote:
[i]I just find it very unfair that 3 honest players can be closed for no genuine reasons, and then 9 planets can get away with it (arguably run by 1 or 2 people).
I have no doubt you perhaps truely believe these 3 people are honest. Many of us would trust what people we have played alongside for over a year tell us...before beleiving a stranger. In many past cases, those closed admitted to me they cheated, but demanded that noone ever found out, especailly not anyone in their alliance. So why should the hunter annonce things pubically, which would only destroy that person closed, relationship with his gaming frineds and his alliance. Loosing his planet is hard enough for many.

As for your accusation of 9 planets run by 1-2 people, that may well be so. But you will never find out unless you report them. So I hope you have done that, along with your evidence, which supports your claims. Leave it to the hunters to monitor and if they get caught, they get closed/delted. If they not closed for deletion then either not enough evidence has been gathered by the hunters as yet, or you are mistaken. It wise to concider this, if the planets arnt closed because not enough evidence is gathered yet, then is reasonible to assume enough evidence WAS gathered on your 3 friends accounts, proving they just dont close when someone calls "multi!"
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 19:48   #11
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
somehow this is a typical case of the worst thing ever in PA.....

Only the enemie cheats....and IF "we" cheat, their cheating is MUCH worse....

I saw it all rounds, cheaters are only bad when its hostiles, and reporting their best mates is something nobody really likes.

Just be fking honest tho for once, EVERYBODY in this game knows at least one other person who cheats, and there are no real levels in it imo, you cant justify your own cheating (not just personal, but also alliance wise or friendswise) by saying "the others" cheat worse.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote