User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Jul 2007, 11:58   #1
The Wanderer

The Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really nice
Post The truth about UNHOLY

(At first my apologize for my bad grammer. I am not a native english speaker.)

Many of you ask now, what is UNHOLY, anywhere? I never heard of it.

Perhaps someone recognize UNHOLY as an alliance that was formed during the fourth round.

In this state, UNHOLY was fully prepared and ready to attack. But why somebody want to tell you "the truth" about such an normal act like founding an alliance?

Because UNHOLY did all the things, newbees, fun gamers and profesional alliances hate. And I want to tell you some practics, successful alliances use. Why? Cause I stopped playing Planetarion many years ago now. But I read the forum, to be up to date and can see, that some problems never changed.

Follow the example of UNHOLY, and get rid of the problem with Legion. The following "How to do" results from personal experience while "working" als founder and high council member of UNHOLY. The following "what was UNHOLY", is a short introduction.

What was UNHOLY?

UNHOLY was a secret alliance, that was originaly built from members of Legion, Fury and three skilled Independents. Their goal was, to become a powerplayer within planetarion. They used the skills and contacts of each member to there own benefit. After a while, UNHOLY went "fake-official".

Todays information is, that UNHOLY became a Friend of Legion. But, as I said, I stopped playing for a while, I am not up to date in secret informations any longer.

How to do?
How can you build up your own powerful alliance?

1. Rule: You have to be a dedicated player with plenty of time.

Only when you can stand up at in the midst of the night to start an attack shortly before the serverbackup is done, your attacks wil surprise your enemy. And only if you are ready to do this again for contunious ship building, your fleet will be ready for the retail.

2. Rule: Your IQ should be 100% or above, or you should be good at math.

Scan your enemy. With experience and intellect and after a time, you will have a feeling for good and bad encounters. It´s easy to find out witch ships are attacking and you can calculate possible encounters by yourself. Just observe the battleticks to know how the battle is going on. Then calculate again the Hitpoints, Damage, Shots per round.... and you can nearly exactly say what the next battletick looks like. And retreat before this happens, perhaps. There are also still calculators for this purpose to find.

3. Rule: Be polite.

No joke. Around 80% of all secret information from other alliances I collected by myself, was cause I was polite.
Just stay in all the channels all day long all discuss a point in this channels, one in another, and so on... After a while everybody knows you, and you can identify the newbies, newly recruited alliancemembers, and so on... Now ask a new member you chatted with some times, about the newest password, but in priv, cause its secret. So, and in this manner, if you are always polite, you can even get an invitation from a furymember to their secret room, or the password for a locked forum or channel, and so on...

4. Rule: Work togheter

If you have no other dedicadet players around you, that support the same alliance, the same goal, like becoming a secret powerplayer, then you lost. Even if you are Stephen Hawkings that play fair. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO USE MULTI PLANETS! ... thats the cheaters way to "work togheter".

And with real people you can "infect" more real channels and recruit more real people.

If you are recruting, think at the fact, that you use people from all over the world, so that the chance is high that there are people in mIRC. "Work together" also means, be present in mIRC and forums to be ready at attacks and in the defense.

5. Rule: Be hard, be fast, be harder, be faster

If you are attacked by an intruder, payback. This is a feard tactic, but its the same in Onlineshooters and so on, if you act as much aggressively as you can, most others run in fear. Stay polite during "massdestruction-planet-annihilating-raids", but if you are attacked by one, retail with three. If you can, attack the whole galaxy for revenge and send emails to everybody why he is under attack. Say tehr leader, if he is innocent, coords XXX are guilty and to this leader he should mail. (In this way, I did the glorious "ship thingy" with TSU in ...errr... I think 4. round. We raided with the first possible attack a galaxy that was defended by two other TSU galaxys. We calculatet the "thing" and came to the result, that we will loose our whole interceptors, but the enemy also have only interceptors against our hundreds of astropods. The galaxy never got strong after this initial strike. ALWAYS STAY IN mIRC! or ICQ! to react against enemy forces.

6. Rule: Stay secret

Learn from of your own spyexperience. Secure your channel and your personal data proberly. Do not trust new members. Build a secand "stage" within your alliance. Do not care about "the glorious Wingcommander of Delta Squadron", this is not that what I mean. Make sure, that there are three completely different channels for different uses. Use one channel as official site. Sometimes there are people of interest.

Use one channel as fake secret room. All members should believe, that this is the only channel. Test new members if they give away information, if someone is suspicious just ignore him while he sits bored in the "priv room". He will give up soon
cause he thinks that he is at the wrong place to get power.

Communicate with trustet members by cell phone or other devices that have nothing to do with Planetarion. This is the best way that nobody can get information about you. Just have a fakehomepage with no relevant data or information on it, not even in a passwordsecured area.

Chat about attacks by ICQ or with another program, other planetarion players cannot trace.

Well, that was a short basic instroduction. The rest is your experience. And do not forget:

Stay hard, but stay polite.

Last edited by lokken; 8 Jul 2007 at 14:22.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 12:33   #2
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The truth about UNHOLY

umm
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 12:34   #3
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
umm
Its like you read my mind.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 12:43   #4
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Ill have 2 of what ever he's had..
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 12:49   #5
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

vicodin and flexeril FTW \o/
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 13:07   #6
The Wanderer

The Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really nice

Yeah, I love all this flaming, give me more. Digital letters cant hurt anybody.
But I understand why you think I speak bull***t. This is 22., I speak from 4. and most players from this time arent playing any longer.
But I know, that there are some few left that know what I am speaking of.
And what I told you above, is real.
Dont believe if you dont want to.
I life in a free land and I think you also, so its your decision what you think.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 14:14   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why did you post this now? In fact, why did you post this at all? tl;dr as well, btw.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 14:23   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right

This may not be of the quality you want, but it is a valid post, regardless of how good/bad i think it is, which is generally not for me to say.

I have edited the post - I have made paragraphs to make it readable.

If another mod wants to do more, please contact me.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 14:38   #9
The Wanderer

Why did you post this now?

Because it is the same today.
Calculators says what target is best, spys spy on your coords and the coords you want to attack, many of the "big players" were and are multis, the access to "power" within Planetarion, is still just for a choosen few with the correct contacts.Or do youcome into one of the big alliances without anybody into it who you know?

And I read all this "Oh my god, they bashed me again-Threads" and think by myself, that this is no wonder. An alliance that will grow in power have to do certain steps. I was involved once, some people will remember how they got power.

So it is the same today. Just be prepared. Watch for your security if you send coords via mIRC. Thats essentialy all I want to say.
If you get bashed all the time, then you have to get stronger with more people by your side. I learned it the hard way, bashed from Legion all day long by myself, because I was No. 8, Algeroth of the Dark Symetrie, I think this was 4. or 5. round.
But I learned how the big alliances became big.

And if you want to have a chance, look how they work, band together, watch your backs, and organize concentrated attacks.
If this sounds paranoid, then let me tell you, that this is absolutely the case. I chatted with some of the top ranking Legion and Fury members once and some of them where really paranoid.

Last edited by The Wanderer; 8 Jul 2007 at 15:02.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 14:54   #10
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Good to see you finally got around to opening a forum account CarDinal :P
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 16:23   #11
carDi
Ensign

carDi is an unknown quantity at this point

lol wtf? i think its terrorist
carDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 16:34   #12
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Terrorist took the fake nick thing a bit too seriously

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 16:40   #13
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

While this was clearly out of the blue, and very hard to read (I know there was a warning about it, but I just had to comment), there are some valid points in there

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 16:47   #14
carDi
Ensign

carDi is an unknown quantity at this point

Bubert Samson u just made me laugh , so yes u have a good point in your post
carDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 18:35   #15
The Wanderer

errm.. The mistake of Rinoa solved itself, but to [LDK]CarDinaL and `mac^:
I am sure, that I never used the nick Terrorist.
My most popular names, in the "old fashion days" in the past, where Overlord and Justicar. I had a bunch of another names , too.
And I repeat: What I wrote above is no joke. I really did all this stuff for my alliance and watched others doing the same. This is no fake Thread.

Thanks to lokken for editing and to lokken and Bubert Samson, for reading it and answer seriously.
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 19:07   #16
Talin
Mildly Amused

Talin will become famous soon enoughTalin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
5. Rule: Be hard, be fast, be harder, be faster
This alone is a sound advice right there!

(couldn't resist)
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 02:01   #17
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I chatted with some of the top ranking Legion and Fury members once and some of them where really paranoid.
EXTRA! EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT

"Top ranking internet officers go underground as news spreads about there up and coming demise, sources close say that they will return to reality when they are deemed fit"
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 04:04   #18
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"How can you build up your own powerful alliance?"

"Rule: Your IQ should be 100% or above, or you should be good at math"

"Stay hard, but stay polite"
My IQ is 100% and im good at math maybe i should start an alliance. So many classic quotes in this thread i cant decide which was best!
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 07:02   #19
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

How can any of us lose once we've all read this?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 08:08   #20
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Why did you post this now?

Because it is the same today.
It's not the same really. If you've spent a round in the Planetarion of today (a thin red line, but you just can't compare late PAX rounds to early PA rounds), you'd know.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:03   #21
The Wanderer

To Rinoa: To use the "couldn't resist" line, too. I couldn't resist to use extra pathetical words. Yes, I am guilty in this one. I do not take this game seriously anymore. As I said, I did all the things above. I stood up at 3o´clock to build more army, I spyed at "enemy channels", I took the game far to seriously. But I was not even a bad case.
So please forgive me all my hidden cynism in this text. Try to seperate it from the meaning of the text. It´s a simple warning, nothing more. Most peple, as I in the past, dont want to be warned, others dont need no warnings.
I also tryed to write some exaggerated sentences in the topic "The best Alliance forever!" in the Alliance recruting section.
I think, this all would be more understandable (the true meaning, not my grammer) if I could better english. I am sorry for this.
And if you think that you have the time and at least 2 to 3 people that can help you with all the stuff like organisation, homepage, chat.... then you CAN found your own alliance. Its really simple. You only have to invest time and some simple work. But in my opinion it is better to try to form a 70 member alliance out of all of this 10 member "we will never stand a chance" alliances.

To Tietäjä: Yes I know that everything, the alliancesystems, the scans, races, whatever, changed since I stopped playing. But I read this forum. Do you read it too? Perhaps you dont pay them not much attention, but when I see the "I am idler" nick, chatting with a whole bunch of other Legion and Furymembers I know very good from the past ....

Just search some Threads and find the one where all the old guys meet. Voila, you have a list of forumnicknames old people know.
Some of them come back, some of them where always here and never gone. Do you also wonder why always the same three aliances end up in the Top 3?

Yes, the game changed in a way, that I should not be aloud to speak about gamemechanics. Well, I do not speak about it.

But the scene behind, to speak pathetical, is still like a inner circle.
You think alliances dont survive longer than a few rounds today? Yes, the new ones. As Justicar, I was once member of New Dawn, they still exist. Greetings to ND, btw, your ExHQ knew from UNHOLY.

And all the former powerplayers that are still playing PA went underground. Our group came from one region. I see some of this guys in real life some time. And so I know, that two people of my own former alliance, are still active.

They do not disband. They know each other since over 8 to 10 years now!
They stay in contact and can change, if necessary all there nicknames within a single day and form a completely different alliance as the round before. With the identical members, and no one can ever enter, cause its no alliance, its a club.

Edit: Sorry, forget this every time. All editing I did, in all of my posts, where trys to correct my grammer. But I should try to stop to correct myself cause I am obviously an foreign language-idiot.

Last edited by The Wanderer; 9 Jul 2007 at 12:16.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:16   #22
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Dear god.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:20   #23
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

your funny
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:26   #24
The Wanderer

Ok then. Enough talking with prey.

Please take your seats while we start our engines ...
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:31   #25
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Ok then. Enough talking with prey.

Please take your seats while we start our engines ...
i love you <3
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:34   #26
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's a shame I can't posrep this dude again. Excellent stuff from a true retro mindset. It's like that film where some High School kids find a caveman and he brings a whole new perspective to their lives. This is much funnier though cause that film was pretty shit.

ps: The Wanderer. Don't worry about your English man, it will improve quickly as you post and read etc.

pps: Unless you are an excellently devised gimmick, in which case, well done sir!
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:53   #27
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Its is the funniest thing ive read in ages and interesting to know things like this went on in the dark ages of pa.

The wanderer reminds me of what the bastard redheaded stepchild of Yeh and Terrorist would sound like and i hope you stay around to continue postin TW.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 12:56   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The best bit is that after checking the IP addresses he seems to be real.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 13:01   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?! I PLEDGE MYSELF TO YOU, UTTERLY AND WHOLLY
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 13:30   #30
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

even if you have to face cancer again?
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 13:34   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think that it is great that a new alliance enters the fray, allthough, having read your introduction to your alliance, you might want to take a look at the alliance recruitment forum where there is listed several useful hints on how to make an alliance.

Good luck with your alliance though.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 13:52   #32
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
you might want to take a look at the alliance recruitment forum where there is listed several useful hints on how to make an alliance.

Did he -not- already post there too?
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 14:13   #33
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This thread is X-Files material.

Get out your Tin-foil hats folks, UNHOLY are microwaving your brains.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 15:07   #34
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Its like this dude was frozen for 6 years or something.
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 16:34   #35
The Wanderer

Damn, all this is going mad....
Yes, I am retro (in younger eyes).... I download Amiga.roms

I do not recruiting for any alliance, I just wanted to warn you about things THAT ARE REAL. And I wanted to do this in a funny (pathetic/sarcastic and exaggerated) way.
If you dont want to belief, that there are such groups within Planetarion then call me crazy if you want.
And as I said before and before and before .....
YES! I was some kind of frozen for the last six years, I could just temporarily hop by and check the general games status by reading the forum. Please read my posts above, I dont want to repeat myself all the time.

Edit: I have forgotten to tell you that I have just finishid this book before it came in my mind, to write this down in this way.
www randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/

And if the most is out of date, then be happy that there where some changes, cause much of the old way to play PA was really deranged.
And if you really want, I make the clown for you by telling you old retro stories about PA. No prob. Funny for you, retro for me...

Last edited by The Wanderer; 9 Jul 2007 at 16:45.
Unread 10 Jul 2007, 11:45   #36
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

If secret groups exist in todays PA, they are lame. Period.
I read that zombie book. Its shit.
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 08:15   #37
The Wanderer

Damn. You lied to me, Tietäjä. Cause it´s free, i tought I dont just speak about it, I really play again.
The inferface is different and i have to read some new descriptions of buildings and researches.
With my first attack I expierienced, that my calculations where right. The correct constellation of ships in your fleet do the trick, like in the past.
Although I have to pay attention to the race, as i experienced by the first retail.
In genereal, that all what is new.
The behavior of the people is the same, they are talking about the same crap in the channels, and alliances also behave much the same way as in the past.
There are some new tools for all availiable now. But thats all.

And I found one of my previous UNHOLYmates in Legion.
There are ot as many still in the game I thought firsthand, but there are still old PA players holding high positions. As he recognized me, I had to told him, that this is a kind of funround for me, just what Tietäjä mentioned to me.

At one hand, i thank you Tietäjä. I remember all this "good old retro stuff" by playing again. But really, there is no much difference.

The only thing I would change in the current round, I try get this started, is a war between alliances. They cant be so cowardly now.
If anyone wants this too, count me in as disinformationminister.

Hey, Cooling. Lost my old lists with IP´s years ago. Should I know you?
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 09:43   #38
The Wanderer

If I am entertaining, i did all right. even if the wanderer sounds crazy.
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 10:40   #39
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
At one hand, i thank you Tietäjä. I remember all this "good old retro stuff" by playing again. But really, there is no much difference.

There is so much difference between the modern alliance scheme and the alliance scheme in the older rounds - pre PAX. If you haven't noticed that yet, you're probably not only dumb but blind too.

Quote:
How to do?
How can you build up your own powerful alliance?
Yet here you are, trying to tell people what most of the playerbase already know - how to create a solid alliance. Next, you'll probably ask me, that if people know it already (and there's Cayl's thread on the AR about it, or at least used to be), why are the alliances today so incompetent?
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 10:55   #40
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

interesting read, you are entertaining alright
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 11:22   #41
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
There is so much difference between the modern alliance scheme and the alliance scheme in the older rounds - pre PAX. If you haven't noticed that yet, you're probably not only dumb but blind too.
I noticed. But a little bit a structure changing does not change the whole game. As I said, yes, there are differences. And some of them I didnt know, yes.
You are right if you say, that I am only able to speak about PA if I play PA. I do it. And my experience is my experience, whatever you want to tell me.
In my subjective feeling, there changed some details, but not the game.

Last edited by furball; 11 Jul 2007 at 11:44. Reason: fixed tags
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 12:24   #42
Tietäjä
Good Son

How about answering the follow-up question?
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 12:36   #43
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Yet here you are, trying to tell people what most of the playerbase already know - how to create a solid alliance. Next, you'll probably ask me, that if people know it already (and there's Cayl's thread on the AR about it, or at least used to be), why are the alliances today so incompetent?
As I said before, this was exaggerated, not meant to taken it completely seriously.
Why the alliances are so lame is cause there is no reason for them to fight if raiding galaxys is more profitable. At least I think so. I cant give you an correct answer to this question.
I have to take a longer look into this before I can write something about it.
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 13:06   #44
Tietäjä
Good Son

Raiding galaxies is more profitable.
Fighting wars can generally be profitable only if you are fighting the war upwards, and you are confident you can win the war quickly either yourself or by an overpowering block. Otherwise it's a waste of oxygen in the current game mechanics.

Perhaps this is a fact that'd call for a more galaxy-orientated round, with larger private galaxies - a suggestion I used to be against before.
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 13:53   #45
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

No offence man, but time and time again you state what is so obvious to us. Now, the posts you have made could be considered a good read for many people either returning or starting pa these days. However, for most people actually using this forum, this is just a humorous post filling our lives with a little joy sorely needed to get through another boring day in front of the computer....

P.S: the fact that you hadn't played for several years and came here to enlighten us about the current game just pissed me off.

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 13:57   #46
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
No offence man, but time and time again you state what is so obvious to us. Now, the posts you have made could be considered a good read for many people either returning or starting pa these days. However, for most people actually using this forum, this is just a humorous post filling our lives with a little joy sorely needed to get through another boring day in front of the computer....

P.S: the fact that you hadn't played for several years and came here to enlighten us about the current game just pissed me off.
Last Post.
Check it! IT IS HUMOROUS!!!!!