User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:15   #101
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Political Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Indeed, Mazz is slightly mistaken over the order of events. Actual sequence was as follows:

1. Angels attack 1up as part of a coordinated attack on our block by the lch/exi block.
2. 1up and others from our block focus our attentions on Angels for 1 night.
3. Angels declare war on 1up.

There's no point rehashing old arguments over whether Angels were in the block or just coordinating attacks with them etc. The most amusing part (in my mind) remains the fact that you declared war AFTER you'd attacked us and we'd retaliated.
My apologies - I thought the initial attack with the exil block was the declaration. I stand corrected. I think the massive lack of logic (as you stated in the latter part of your post) slewed my memory.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:27   #102
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
And that is, without doubt, one of the most laughable remarks I've ever read on these forums. How to turn the most non black and white situation ever into the crappest bit of propoganda ever to be smeared accross AD*.

*And given the last few rounds thats an impressive bit of bullshit
I dont know why its so laughable, as it is true. You needed 3 alliances to hit us. You needed 6 alliances last round to try and take exi down.

to me the most laughable post is the one that started this thread.

Last round we hit you for a night, you gather your your allies, hit us back, we declare war on you, you ask for a truce.

This round, you claim you have no allies, you get it by what you assume is a block, you take it to AD and whine about it.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:35   #103
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I dont know why its so laughable, as it is true. You needed 3 alliances to hit us. You needed 6 alliances last round to try and take exi down.

to me the most laughable post is the one that started this thread.

Last round we hit you for a night, you gather your your allies, hit us back, we declare war on you, you ask for a truce.

This round, you claim you have no allies, you get it by what you assume is a block, you take it to AD and whine about it.
your versions of things are so skewed it'snot even worth talking to you anymore.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 15:37   #104
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

I agree, when the truth doesnt suit you it must be skewed.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 17:23   #105
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

omg...how the boot is on the other foot..

lets go back to round 12 shall we...1up were happy to go with other alliances and attack the #1alliance to "keep the game competetive" yet when the boot is on the other foot 1up dont seem to be to happy about being attacked by several alliances who are simply trying to stop u running away

stop being a bunch of hypocrites ty

and Insomnia have no NAPS or allys with an alliances atm ty

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 17:42   #106
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got just back from work, and the thread's grown two pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
He brought this to the community, the community didnt bring it to him and as such its his job to prove to us that said events are true. His failure to be abe to supply names or evidence of the goings on make this post by him utterly worthless and just another peice of 1up propaganda.

He claims a number of the alliances were approached so he wouldnt be selling one person out or highlighting them as 1ups informer and he obviously has a reason for believing what informants have told him so he should post whom he thinks is involved and why he beleives its true and not someone playing with 1up.
I'll give you an example, Wakey.

Let's say that a Howling Rain* HC was approached by a HC of one of the 3 'blocking' alliances, suggesting that 1up were getting a little too far in front. They suggest that the only way to prevent this would be to join the HIL block. The HR HC chats with his or her fellow HC, and decides not to go with them - preferring to remain solo. This would be entirely understandable, given that HR is not especially aiming for the #1 spot.

This Howling Rain HC happens to be personal friends with a 1up HC and in one of their chats, lets it slip that they've been asked to join the opposing block, but declines. Of course, this is all kept strictly confidential (between HR and 1up). The 1up HC, naturally, has either told Sid, or is Sid.

Now Wakey, how do you expect Sid to start naming names?

* Howling Rain are just an example and is in no way meant to infer anything upon Howling Rain. HR guys - if you mind, just find me on IRC and I'll edit.
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 17:49   #107
Devonian

Devonian is an unknown quantity at this point

can we PLEASE just remember that it is a GAME ffs.
Devonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 18:00   #108
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Events now reflected on the PAWiki. Initial reviews;
"the day has not yet ended" (TheRat, 1up)
"written well enough, though showing a slight bit of bias" (jerome, 1up)
"okay" (Guran, Insomnia)
"nub :/" (eb/afk, Insomnia)
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 18:46   #109
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold

LOL

ur all so cute

play instead of this bladiebla nonsense

if ppl want to block.. fine there choice.. if not, fine to..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
a game played fair is a game that u realy won..
NRG-izer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 21:09   #110
Hesekiel
No more, No less.

Hesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura about

G-II declares war on 1up!

Genesis-2
Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 22:34   #111
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Why deny it - when the HC of various alliances have been approached by HC of those in your block and asked to cooperate in attacks/nap with you all. I'll be generous and assume you're just totally out of the loop rather than a bare-faced liar.

Is it REALLY that hard to be honest and say something like "1up were leading so we felt we needed some help to bring them down a bit. At the moment there's only 3 alliances in our group but hopefully if we can get a couple more on our side we'll have what we think is a level playing field. We reckon if if we can get 50% of the paid planets on our team and nap another 25% we stand a fair chance of getting #1."
Because it aint true?

Sorry, but you cant prove im lying and i cant prove im telling the truth. Bit pointless to carry this on. The simple situation is that by accusing us of this, you will have a free way to form a block. Which will lead to LCH or others forming a counterblock. Which will lead to you telling the world: i told you they had a block.

I know, because you did it last round too ^^
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 22:56   #112
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
1up came to us for a truce, not vice versa.
It served your purpose as much as it did 1up old friend ;-) and I cant say I blamed you for the way you handled the round.

Granted at the time I had hoped that you would have sided against Exil etc ;-) would've been interresting to see.

shouldnt really blame sid or mazz for it though, as they didnt exactly go running to you ;-) I think you'd have told them to go **** themselves if they had.

Anyways, hope this round goes well for all of you. I would have loved to have played, looks interresting, but my rl is currently far too complicated.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 00:21   #113
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder who sent the poor nub that crashed into my planet(stealing 7 roids) on a retal when I roided 1up. He was definatley not 1up himself

Gave both Sid and mazz a pos rep. felt sorry for them. Afterall, they make AD come to live \o/

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 03:06   #114
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

I find it hard to comprehend 3 out of the top 5 alliances blocking together at early tick 300. Top 1's lead isnt uber significant yet, they practically just won the pod rush era of the round, and they are what, leading by 30-35 roids in average?.

Justifying mass blocking because top ally is leading is just lame. Not that im saying to let the top ally win while we all watch, but three is too much at this point. Why not just two and instead, organize your internal members and military officers not to suck like they did the first 300 ticks. If you guys pull of a victory via increasing numbers ratio, it will be hard to recognize the victory.

Last edited by furssie; 4 Aug 2005 at 03:29.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 06:20   #115
Krum

Krum is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Because it aint true?

Sorry, but you cant prove im lying and i cant prove im telling the truth. Bit pointless to carry this on. The simple situation is that by accusing us of this, you will have a free way to form a block. Which will lead to LCH or others forming a counterblock. Which will lead to you telling the world: i told you they had a block.

I know, because you did it last round too ^^
Why ppl still talking after this?!
Krum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 06:34   #116
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krum
Why ppl still talking after this?!
coz those who have eyes can see, those who have ears can listen and so on ...
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 08:16   #117
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I havent claimed you are telling lies, just that your manipulating the community by being very vaugue and then calling other people liars. If you are going to post something like this on the forums you should be justifying your claims rather than attempting to use your reputation to sway people and make them fine with any future blocking you do in responce. And yes information can be faked but atleast if its offered its up to the users to make up their mind on these 'facts' rather than deciding on whos reputation holds the most weight.
Power through influence - it's a very basic technique of the propagation of political endeavors, some true but mostly fabricated. It causes ones enemy to stall and to bait into believing something to hide the true conspired goal that achieves the initiator's organization's best interests.

Of course everyone knows this in this game, so through reverse psychology, he could actually be telling the truth.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 09:20   #118
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
I find it hard to comprehend 3 out of the top 5 alliances blocking together at early tick 300. Top 1's lead isnt uber significant yet, they practically just won the pod rush era of the round, and they are what, leading by 30-35 roids in average?.

Justifying mass blocking because top ally is leading is just lame. Not that im saying to let the top ally win while we all watch, but three is too much at this point. Why not just two and instead, organize your internal members and military officers not to suck like they did the first 300 ticks. If you guys pull of a victory via increasing numbers ratio, it will be hard to recognize the victory.
Every round so far in PA has been won by major blocking, often in unbalanced blocks aswell. All rounds except for one ofc. Nonetheless the winner of that round is recognized as the winner (unless you pull an Ely) and the winner of this round, through blocking, will be recognized as the winner.

That's how simple it has always been, that's how simple it'll be this round aswell.

I also don't believe you know the full political situation. Either you believe the 1up PR or you believe the LCH PR .... let me tell you that probably NOBODY here knows what's perfect truth (not even sid, as he said it himself he still lacks prove to "some" of his accusations).
As usual this is all based on "oohhh look, alliance X and Y are attacking the same targets, let's assume they are napped ... no wait ... let assume they are allied AND form a block with alliance Z, of which we currently have no proof that they're a part of it but ahh well ... why not give it a try on AD nway".

it's the same pulling game every round, that's what politics on AD is all about.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 13:30   #119
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also, would this pissant who neg repped me without any form of justification please stand up and tell me why it's 'ridiculous' to say 1up didn't block in round 11 and exilition did in round 13?
I have no idea why you were neg repped, but stop trying to make 1up sound so innocent. R11 if 1up didn't block, then they had an aweful lot of planet naps and naps with other alliance temporarily (which is was Sid created this thread about is it not), and i remember distinctly pretty much every alliance attack Mistu for a number of nights when Mistu were temporarily #1. Now according to Sid napping is also considering blocking as you don't target the alliance your napped with, and so obviously target the others.

I don't deny EXilition blocked, although it wasn't on the scale alot of 1up members make out. I think the fact your trying to deny 1up block in previous rounds disturbing though. So unless napping isn't blocking which would make sids statement even more irrelevent, stop talking crap!!

And don't get me mistaken, my opinions on 1up tactics don't change the fact that the deservedly won R11 and R12, but why do some other people moan about it when it has been happening for so long from all major alliances involved.

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 14:14   #120
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer77
stuff.....
The planetary NAPS in round 11 were nothing to do with 1up. We simply extended the same offer to every planet in our galaxies: if you hit us you will be hit, if you do not wish to hit us then you will be left alone. 1up cannot be help responsible for the cowardice of the planets who decided that their personal/gal rank was more important than their alliance reaching for the top.

1up didn't attack MISTU en masse during the period you are talking about. If you were to look back you would see us advocating the extension of hostilities towards LCH as we did not see MISTU as much of a threat as LCH at the time.

1up have not denied relationships with other alliances in rounds 12 and 13.

Everyone but you can see the obvious size of the Exilition block. And do remember, it's not always about size, it's about firepower and last round the Exilition 'side' far outweighed anything 1up, ToF and ND had to offer.

nqp.

Quote:
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 14:30   #121
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everyone but you can see the obvious size of the Exilition block. And do remember, it's not always about size, it's about firepower and last round the Exilition 'side' far outweighed anything 1up, ToF and ND had to offer.

nqp.
hehe m8, but then that's your (1up) shortcoming to chose "weak" partners and it's their shortcoming to not be able to assist you (1up) enough to make a difference.
You can't blame exilition for being clever/sneaky and take the stronger alliances to be their partner

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 14:32   #122
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
how does one realistically break up the block once it is initiated?
that tbh is quite simple
it's a random round, so no true galaxy problems there, we cld just go back to the way it used to be just a week ago.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 14:42   #123
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
hehe m8, but then that's your (1up) shortcoming to chose "weak" partners and it's their shortcoming to not be able to assist you (1up) enough to make a difference.
You can't blame exilition for being clever/sneaky and take the stronger alliances to be their partner
I wasn't blaming anyone - I was just stating a fact in respect to the point made about "size" by Geezer77. Point is that we got our asses whupped by Exilition and thats that. No amount of moaning or blubbing about cheating or blocking will make any difference. However, this does not stop one stating irrefutable facts when people chose to make observations that just aren't right.

Quote:
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 14:44   #124
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten
that tbh is quite simple
it's a random round, so no true galaxy problems there, we cld just go back to the way it used to be just a week ago.
Hell, why didn't we think of that in rnd 10, 10.5, 12 and 13?

It doesn't work like that, plain and simple. HC are always far to wary of breaking up a block and then getting gang raped. They will always chose to stay in a big gang and beat on the little kids in the playground.

Quote:
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 14:45   #125
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

omg, what is all the fuss about???!

if there was really an uber anti-1up block, don't you think 1up would lose like 5-10% each night?

imo, this is just bad 1up propaganda because they feel some alliance go against them, which is totally self-evident because they are no1.

again, where is the uber anti-1up block Mr. Sid is talking about?
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 15:38   #126
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
where is the uber anti-1up block Mr. Sid is talking about?
it is on the end of my manhood being inserted into your rear!
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 15:56   #127
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
it is on the end of my manhood being inserted into your rear!
Not much of a huge block then
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 16:54   #128
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

There is no alliance between Hydra / LCH and Insomnia.

1 sentence is all that has to be said to counter Sids post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 17:02   #129
Ardy
Bored guy.

Ardy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster

In theory, but as had been said 100 times, there's no way you guys can prove that, and no way Sid can prove that there is. Incomings may or mat not be coincedental.

Anyone else see the possibility of this thread going round in circles?

HR for 12 rounds and counting.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 17:29   #130
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

well, what worries me is that 1up claims there is a block and now obviously starting to make a block themselves/NAPs etc. count on that, too
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 17:43   #131
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

What's important is not what is true or what is not true. Whats not important is whether 1up is right or wrong.

What is important is 1up's perceptions. What should be important to most of you is that 1up has stated what it intends to do and why. This is your rare look into our intended actions and motivations.

Plan accordingly.
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 17:51   #132
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster

Wrong.

1 word is all it takes to counter Wishmasters post.

And round and round we go.

Quote:
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 18:33   #133
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

this thread makes me laugh out loud irl

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 19:46   #134
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
this thread makes me laugh out loud irl
LIES!!!!11

LCH don't have a sense of humour

Quote:
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 20:46   #135
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Dont what ever you do block ToF, its like signing up a new enemy.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2005, 22:13   #136
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LIES!!!!11

LCH don't have a sense of humour
I can laugh at TheRat and this thread easily enough

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 01:43   #137
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
Dont what ever you do block ToF, its like signing up a new enemy.
Why don't you go merge nd or something and whille you're at it learn how to spell safety?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 05:16   #138
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Why don't you go merge nd or something and whille you're at it learn how to spell safety?

I would suggest go merge ToF, but tbh, the beer is the only thing going for you right now.

Sure aint your average score or roid count, that's for sure =/

If you're going to have a go at the guy, could you at least try something relevant to the 1up vs Insom/Lch/hydra/etc conversation rather than a spelling mistake in a 3 line sig for an alliance which currently isn't playing this round?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 06:01   #139
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
#1 rule of internet discussions: if you can't find any substantial arguments against your opponent, make fun of his bad spelling.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 07:28   #140
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
why don't u go and try to spell While ?
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 10:43   #141
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
... conversation rather than a spelling mistake in a 3 line sig for an alliance which currently isn't playing this round?
"3 word sig" surely ;P
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 11:00   #142
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I found Zyth's comment rather amusing - I remember that a lot of times last round (I really do mean a lot) I either had to go prod ToF HC, or I heard another DC bitching about 'omfg, it's ToF again :/ '. I have nothing against ToF: you've built yourself out of almost nothing over the last few rounds into a solid T10 alliance, training up plenty of new talent in the process and therefore contributing lots to the game. BUT, you did have a hilarious tendency to hit your allies a lot last round

And this brings up a good point: ToF are the next big alliance outside of the T5; with WP well known for their fencesitting, will it be ToF that tip the scales in either side's favour?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 11:43   #143
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I would suggest go merge ToF, but tbh, the beer is the only thing going for you right now.

Sure aint your average score or roid count, that's for sure =/

If you're going to have a go at the guy, could you at least try something relevant to the 1up vs Insom/Lch/hydra/etc conversation rather than a spelling mistake in a 3 line sig for an alliance which currently isn't playing this round?
I don't see where "Don't block tof, it's like signing up a new enemy" is relevant to this thread in any way, so why give a reply that's relevant to this thread? He clearly had a go at tof, so i decided to have a go back at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
And this brings up a good point: ToF are the next big alliance outside of the T5; with WP well known for their fencesitting, will it be ToF that tip the scales in either side's favour?
Currently ToF isn't in a block, and I don't think we'll be joining one either...
We're planning on staying solo in r14

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 5 Aug 2005 at 11:49.
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:03   #144
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I don't see where "Don't block tof, it's like signing up a new enemy" is relevant to this thread in any way
I'm sure he said that for pure fun as ToF attacked their allies a LOT last round (Several times a day NoS got ToF incs and I'm sure 1up/SiNND got it aswell)

/me pets ViX
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:26   #145
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:

Currently ToF isn't in a block, and I don't think we'll be joining one either...
We're planning on staying solo in r14
I don't think gate was saying you were. I actually think he was giving you a complement insofar as ToF now being of a standard where they can make a difference in a war that might affect the outcome. This isn't (and I mean no offense by this) something that would normally have been said about ToF 3 or more rounds ago.

Quote:
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:42   #146
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

none taken mazz, we know that. but vdm ment that tofs position atm is solo, and we are planning to keep it like this. and to zyth, well tried but i dont think anybody cares
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:57   #147
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfellah
none taken mazz, we know that. but vdm ment that tofs position atm is solo, and we are planning to keep it like this. and to zyth, well tried but i dont think anybody cares
d'oh

I know thats what he meant but it was a pointless remark. Whether you are solo or not you are still of enough quality to have bearing on the round which is exactly what Gate was saying and which I was reiterating.

Just because you are solo it doesn't mean that you aren't hitting one side slightly more than the other (by pure random targetting ofc) which may have an effect on the outcome of any wars.

Quote:
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 16:28   #148
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
"3 word sig" surely ;P
/me waves the legendary flag of "Damn you!!!"

Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 17:08   #149
Deceiver
Angels

Deceiver is an unknown quantity at this point

This kind of post is what PA used to be famous for back in the earlier rounds. I haven't seen propoganda this good in quite some time. Keep it up.
Deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 18:05   #150
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
It's 100% the truth. We were offered naps/alliances and declined them all.
lol
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote