User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Jul 2009, 22:35   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
No drama?

So much drama before the round, then round starts, and nobody is angry at anyone?

Come on, there has to be some drama out there?

Let's get it all into the open, so we can laugh at it.

I saw an etd with 5 light factories, anyone beat that yet?
Unread 3 Jul 2009, 22:40   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: No drama?

All quiet on the western front.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2009, 22:56   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd like to know who dented p3nguins.
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 05:02   #4
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I'd like to know who dented p3nguins.
Was mostly due to one of their "heavy" gals being triple booked rather than intense targeting

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 10:47   #5
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I saw someone with 12 res labs!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 11:15   #6
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I saw someone with 12 res labs!
was it you, when you looked at your constructions screen?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 11:36   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
was it you, when you looked at your constructions screen?
You must be confused, it was Lite who did that last round, im Light.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 11:51   #8
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You must be confused, it was Lite who did that last round, im Light.
ah, and i was just about to offer you some stones to throw in your glass house

Unread 4 Jul 2009, 12:29   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Great lesson if you want to maintain credibility on the forums:

Don't build research labs.
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 12:37   #10
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

I've seen a Scanner with 34 amps, its shocking how retarded people are these days..

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 13:01   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

yeah, what kind of moronic scanner builds amps?
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 13:57   #12
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Great lesson if you want to maintain credibility on the forums:

Don't build research labs.
Or at least stop building them before protection ends, and only if you have a specific need for maximum research speed.
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 14:32   #13
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Well after 31 rounds they still didn't fix zik getting rewarded for noob bashing. That's quite dramatic tbh.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 15:57   #14
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
All quiet on the western front.
*Eastern

Western front never fought alone!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 16:45   #15
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
*Eastern

Western front never fought alone!
Obviously you are missing mz's reference to this movie / novel. I haven't read it, but we've watched the original b/w movie back in school during some history lessons.
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 17:34   #16
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Or at least stop building them before protection ends, and only if you have a specific need for maximum research speed.
Like, you're so awesome you need all the research bonus you can get to keep up with HCT research?

I just find it fun, that alot of people deemed it necessary to try and say that my strategy last round was an insanely stupid one. Even though, right from the start.. my strategy got me into the top5 (and top Xan) and which should of also led to me finishing top5 minimum (and top Xan) if i hadnt crashed (which you cant use as a point against it, as that wasnt part of it :P).

Take for instance, the start where i had real competition for the #1 Xan spot.. I grew faster than them, even though they could keep up in roid count.. due to me being able to mine all the roids i had. When i was close to 2k roids, i could mine them all.. while my closest Xan competitor could only mine 1250 (even though she had almost the same roidcount as me, reese).

So in conclusion, its a poor strategy for the average player like you but for those of us who are awesome.. Its a perfectly valid strategy.

Last edited by Light; 4 Jul 2009 at 17:43.
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 17:48   #17
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Like, you're so awesome you need all the research bonus you can get to keep up with HCT research?

I just find it fun, that alot of people deemed it necessary to try and say that my strategy last round was an insanely stupid one. Even though, right from the start.. my strategy got me into the top5 (and top Xan) and which should of also led to me finishing top5 minimum (and top Xan) if i hadnt crashed (which you cant use as a point against it, as that wasnt part of it :P).

Take for instance, the start where i had real competition for the #1 Xan spot.. I grew faster than them, even though they could keep up in roid count.. due to me being able to mine all the roids i had. When i was close to 2k roids, i could mine them all.. while my closest Xan competitor could only mine 1250 (even though she had almost the same roidcount as me, reese).

So in conclusion, its a poor strategy for the average player like you but for those of us who are awesome.. Its a perfectly valid strategy.
Actually, real awesome needs security centres rather then research labs to speed up the research

But I liked your tickplans for this round, thanks for that. Im sure more people appreciate it.

Ontopic: How many rounds had drama in PT180 ?
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 17:57   #18
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
as that wasnt part of it :P
Where is the cute button (pig) nose?

:·p
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 18:03   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In spite of or thanks to? Insufficient data to make that call.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 19:25   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

The attributes to finishing in a top rank are all about how much defence you get, how much help you get attackwise, how active you are, how much you don't crash and your alliance politics work out. Keeping up with research is a pretty minor factor, so I'd entertain that Light got top 5 by turning up every day, attacking every day and not getting attacked or screwing up too much.

I'd bank on the fact that continuously building research labs were ancillary to her success. The research advantage in the latter stages of her res centre building wouldn't have diminished much if you stopped building them, as you would still have a pretty solid percentage even if you stopped building them. So I can't see that many ticks being lost to be honest once you've got say 8. I can see why you might want to build res labs longer than most people do, but through the round is just wasting structures you could use for say, finance centres (where higher mining percentage would certainly make up for a slight delay in research on roids that couldn't be mined).

The fact Light finished top 5? Irrelevant. The fact Light was able to mine more roids? Well we'd be squabbling over what the gap actually was; I'd conclude that if you had stopped say close to halfway, not building research labs wouldn't have caused a significant dent. My view is that this research lab idea might have been a nice idea initially but keeping going after a while was just a waste of structures.

Quote:
Seriously, what the hell is shit like this?
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 21:04   #21
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the drama on your planet Kargool :crymeariver:
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 22:26   #22
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

[22:18:15] <@HaNzI> hey stif
[22:18:21] <@HaNzI> there is a moaning thread on the forums
[22:18:28] <@HaNzI> cant u pastebin the benneh convo? :P

Hope those 3 lines of IRC text wont be whined at...

Anyway here it is..
http://pastebin.com/f4cbce064

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2009, 00:47   #23
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

lo again stifs
Unread 5 Jul 2009, 03:15   #24
burgess
ePNS HC

burgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post
Ontopic: How many rounds had drama in PT180 ?
I had drama in PT32 this round. Randomed into X:X and immediately knew it was time to fake-nick. For that, I got abused, then abused them, then I got reported, then I reported them... and we attacked them 4 waves, and I left.

JBG and BENNEH are my best friends, true story.

Then JBG and I both got moderated out of the alliance discussions thread we were man-handling each other in.

ABSOLUTELY NO COORDINATES OR HINT OF COORDINATES OR WHATEVER
"Three days after the event the users of LambdaMOO arranged an online meeting"... "to discuss what should be done about Mr. Bungle. The meeting lasted approximately two hours and forty-five minutes, but no conclusive decisions were made."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_in_Cyberspace

"This latest incident comes in the wake of a February episode in which an ambulating chatbot device created at Caltech was programmed to repeat the phrase "I am a faggot" while locomoting across campus."

Last edited by lokken; 5 Jul 2009 at 14:11.
burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2009, 09:17   #25
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

@Lokken, she didnt finish t5 anywayz

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2009, 11:39   #26
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
@Lokken, she didnt finish t5 anywayz

Have u emo quit your alliance yet?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2009, 11:51   #27
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Have u emo quit your alliance yet?
huh

I m in p3ng under a diff nick you silly hill billy

Unread 5 Jul 2009, 12:25   #28
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
The attributes to finishing in a top rank are all about how much defence you get, how much help you get attackwise, how active you are, how much you don't crash and your alliance politics work out. Keeping up with research is a pretty minor factor, so I'd entertain that Light got top 5 by turning up every day, attacking every day and not getting attacked or screwing up too much.
Might wanna ask SantaCruz about that - he finished #1 despite crashing more in one tick than most people managed in the entire round.
Unread 5 Jul 2009, 12:55   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Might wanna ask SantaCruz about that - he finished #1 despite crashing more in one tick than most people managed in the entire round.
I was talking about frequency of crashes more than anything and SantaCruz got more help to recover than your average top 5 planet normally would in fairness (you would go as far to say that some xVx cared more about him winning than their tag). Never mind the fact that he had a healthy lead before that crash by virtue of not crashing in any case.

I've pretty much grown to dislike the strategies deployed to get a planet to #1. Way, WAY too much escorting and people roiding planets where effort has been selectively applied with regards to defence. They talk about these victims being angry, but no serious player is ever annoyed at losing a tick of roids because in the grand scheme of things it's toss all. What's worse is that a lot of the contenders for #1 planet are guilty of it (and some of them have probably been Ascendancy) and they're just devaluing the achievement by doing so.

Does anyone here seriously doubt that if it's two planets fighting for #1 it won't be down to who has the most friends to attack the other planet and will acquiesce to be roided so they can help their favoured planet win? The first strategy is pretty shit (particularly if they are both in the same alliance), the second is just cheating with a made up alibi which the MH have no choice but to accept. But I'd say to be in the ballpark of even thinking of getting to #1 my points are still valid.
Unread 6 Jul 2009, 22:57   #30
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

So looking at sandmans over the last couple of days its obvious Apprime are growing at quite a rapid rate. Anything interesting happening to prevent this? No good pollitics? (ie no gangbangs yet?)

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 02:33   #31
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
I was talking about frequency of crashes more than anything and SantaCruz got more help to recover than your average top 5 planet normally would in fairness (you would go as far to say that some xVx cared more about him winning than their tag). Never mind the fact that he had a healthy lead before that crash by virtue of not crashing in any case.

I've pretty much grown to dislike the strategies deployed to get a planet to #1. Way, WAY too much escorting and people roiding planets where effort has been selectively applied with regards to defence. They talk about these victims being angry, but no serious player is ever annoyed at losing a tick of roids because in the grand scheme of things it's toss all. What's worse is that a lot of the contenders for #1 planet are guilty of it (and some of them have probably been Ascendancy) and they're just devaluing the achievement by doing so.

Does anyone here seriously doubt that if it's two planets fighting for #1 it won't be down to who has the most friends to attack the other planet and will acquiesce to be roided so they can help their favoured planet win? The first strategy is pretty shit (particularly if they are both in the same alliance), the second is just cheating with a made up alibi which the MH have no choice but to accept. But I'd say to be in the ballpark of even thinking of getting to #1 my points are still valid.
This is a bit of a stereotype, maybe true in some/most cases but not always. There are still other strategies which can get one to a #1 position. Your tactics help but are not the only road to succes. Atleast I like to think that way, such an optimist.
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 04:09   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd have to say that the last three rounds of #1 planet races have been physically painful. Planet rank races have always been dickless piles of shit though so it's probably a good thing overall that recent events have brought it so spectacularly into the open.
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 09:05   #33
Mek
InSomniac

from an outsiders perspective (playing in an alliance outside the t10) this round is quite dull :-(

Unread 7 Jul 2009, 11:29   #34
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
from an outsiders perspective (playing in an alliance outside the t10) this round is quite dull :-(
Organise something then Mek!!!

Unread 7 Jul 2009, 13:08   #35
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Organise something then Mek!!!
ok i will then

Unread 7 Jul 2009, 14:20   #36
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I promised assman that I d step up and be active if p3ng is fighting for #1. good thing apprime is running away with it, so that I can enjoy summer <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 17:52   #37
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Lol no offence Wish, but you haven't been active
Still everyone predicts elviz + cardis ego get into a fight ant the ally splits up... wonder if that happens
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 22:00   #38
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

The problem is, Asc has dictated politics either directly or indirectly for the past 4 rounds. So now its clear that they arnt in contention for the win, nor trying to win (with the amount of cov-ops and scanner planets they have)..Alliance HC dont know how to organise politics.

I suspect it'll still end up crap as usual and just be a gangbang on Apprime.. instead of a fair and interesting war.
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 22:04   #39
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
The problem is, Asc has dictated politics either directly or indirectly for the past 4 rounds. So now its clear that they arnt in contention for the win, nor trying to win (with the amount of cov-ops and scanner planets they have)..Alliance HC dont know how to organise politics.

I suspect it'll still end up crap as usual and just be a gangbang on Apprime.. instead of a fair and interesting war.
Define 'fair and interesting war'? There has never been a fair war in PA in any of its history. There have always been blocks in every war. One stronger then the other. Its how you manipulate the blocks and use them to your advantage.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 22:34   #40
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz View Post
Define 'fair and interesting war'? There has never been a fair war in PA in any of its history. There have always been blocks in every war. One stronger then the other. Its how you manipulate the blocks and use them to your advantage.
I define fair and interesting, as in.. There is no clear winner, it can swing either way depening on how strong each alliance is in the block and how motivated they are.. Like the Omen vs Asc war
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 22:43   #41
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

Light's views on alliances crying about mass blocking have changed over the last few months
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 22:47   #42
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

I dont see how you can compare last round to this round.. when this round, we have 4 alliances who are close enough to fight for #1. While last round we only had 2 with the universe hating 1 of them

but yes, lets twist a quote from last round which was based on an entirely different situation and make it fit the context you want.
Unread 7 Jul 2009, 23:06   #43
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I dont see how you can compare last round to this round.. when this round, we have 4 alliances who are close enough to fight for #1. While last round we only had 2 with the universe hating 1 of them

but yes, lets twist a quote from last round which was based on an entirely different situation and make it fit the context you want.
You seem more than happy to benefit from such a tactic (and indeed suggest another alliance deserves it for what was pretty much existing in the #1 spot through no fault of their own), yet suddenly when the same tactic is up for discussion suddenly it's 'bad politics'. You still seem keen to frame it in the same "all versus one" scenario when it suits yet by the same hand clamour that "it's a different situation that makes it totally unfair". You're the one applying double standards here and don't think otherwise.

But anyway, some MS Paint analysis so people can see the current situation for themselves outside of the hysteria:

http://yfrog.com/4zr32graphp

As it's early on in the round, XP (and maybe even roid cap) massively distorts score gains and value hasn't really shown who can dominate yet, so I've focused on roid counts as at this stage its probably the best indicator for success. Why? It shows who is making consistent gains and most important of all, who is able to defend in the face of random incoming: if you can defend at this stage its a massive bonus and bodes very well for the future.

As you can see from the graph, Apprime is massively outroiding its opposition, who are getting relatively modest gains. Once the round really got going after week 1 (that's about 168 ticks), we've seen them as very efficient roiders. Their graph looks very reminiscent of Ascendancy graphs I've seen from r30/31 when we've gone a run of days consistently roiding (note the 'hops' on the graph).

At this stage the margins look small in score (I haven't posted them but you can look them up quite easily) and seem relatively harmless, but as you can see from the trend lines, the gap in income is going to become larger quite soon. While this doesn't mean 'domination' it does give a basis for an alliance to outgrow another one and dominate in the long term. As you can see i've accounted for this for by circling the tick where Apprime started to build some breathing space over second and third (although in the context of the round that gap is currently insignificant).

Obviously this is very early in the round and a bit of cack handed analysis. Later in the round it's possible to do something with a bit more depth with sandmans graphs. But I thought the graph gave a few initial conclusions that we can draw from the first 10 days or so. This graph does not show that Apprime will dominate; it simply shows that they could.

People are free to conclude from this what political moves are necessary and what should be done to address this. I make no recommendations as to what to do next except that people would do well to look at the data and use their experience of previous rounds to make a decision on the best move.
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 01:13   #44
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why you are using linear extrapolation on an obviously exponentional trend is still beyond me.
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 06:44   #45
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Why you are using linear extrapolation on an obviously exponentional trend is still beyond me.
Because I'm not really extrapolating.
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 07:44   #46
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

lol <3
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 08:55   #47
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Lol no offence Wish, but you haven't been active
my point exactly! I promissed I would be if we started actively fighting for #1 at the end of the round

kinda doubt this will be a fun round for me though. p3ng in apprime fortress gal. sigh

( we started the round with only 2 appr! )

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 10:15   #48
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
my point exactly! I promissed I would be if we started actively fighting for #1 at the end of the round

kinda doubt this will be a fun round for me though. p3ng in apprime fortress gal. sigh

( we started the round with only 2 appr! )
Your own mistake for bp'ing with Apprime people.
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 10:32   #49
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Your own mistake for bp'ing with Apprime people.
I always bp with elviz!
and I joined an ally around pt 0 or so, long after bp was settled.
agreed though, and I m just stating the obvious. will be whine, drama and a shitfest. which I dont like

Quote:
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 10:50   #50
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
will be whine, drama and a shitfest. which I dont like
No drama with me ingal holding ur hand

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote