User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 15:03   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Make attacking more interesting

I'd like to propose (hopefully by giving an entire round for something to be coded these might actually have a chance of getting in!) that we expand on the ways in which we can attack in PA. I'm basically stealing round 8 overburn attacking to propose two additional ways of attacking.

1) Stealth-attacking. This attack can be launched and will not appear on the gal status/lead to a notification whatever. It raises the eta of your fleet by 1/2/3 ticks* and becomes visible on the gal status at eta 4. By launching this sort of attack you lose between 0 and 10% of your sent fleet (I'd also stick in a minimum value of ships lost to reduce the advantages xan have by faking here). The planet being attacked would see this fleet and could report it to this alliance. I haven't really decided yet if this fleet should be shown on jgps, I'd lean towards no.

2) Overburn attacking. This type of attack decreases the overall ETA of your attack fleet by 1/2/3 ticks. It also will cost you a certain % of your attack fleet. Slightly more complicated due to the value of -2 ticks off fi/co. I'd propose nothing can appear lower than eta 5 and that the costs be relative to the "final ETA", not the original one. So moving cr/bs to fr/de eta costs 0-5%, cr/bs or fr/de to fi/co eta costs 10-15, anything to eta 6 costs 15-25 and anything to eta 5 costs 25-50. Numbers are just rough examples. Overburn defence, for roughly equal or slightly "cheaper" costs, would also be possible. This attack would appear with overburn ETAs on the jgp.

*Possibly you could have some interplay between the raised eta and the % of ships lost.

Just to clarify obviously I mean % lost as in value, not ships and you would lose these ships straight after your attack launches.

Edit: Why this would be a good addition to the game.

1) It provides more variety in the ways in which people can attack, variety is, almost by definition, a good thing for a game to have.
2) It includes the mid-ranking players more. Rank 2-600 players will be more willing to risk taking the chance of losing a chunk of their fleet to roid a big planet.
3) It'll increase the roid flow in the universe. Roids will change hands more often.
4) Although it makes the game more interesting for the mid-ranking players it also rewards activity. If you're online you'll be able to cope with stealth attacking fairly easily.
5) It introduces an element of randomness to the game which has been sadly lacking for a long time. This has been asked for quite a bit by people and I think this suggestion adds this without leading to some sort of really annoying point where you can't actually calc anything and by default people just newbie bash.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 8 Jan 2010 at 15:14.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote