User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jul 2012, 14:45   #51
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Eorc Log?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
He also abused the system by stealing roids from people, thereby avoiding the costs as set by the rules of the initing system. Heinous!
If you think it is ok to do, fair enough.

I personally think its a form of cheating and I wish I had followed Clouds example and told him where to go, instead of allowing him to do so in my gal.

Oh well, live and learn....
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2012, 15:18   #52
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

seriously forest, it's ok to think that it is unethical to ask for a exile donation. But caling it cheating and abusing it taking it to far. Afterall the people involved are welcome to just turn the offer down should they not want to.

We're moving down a path here where everything that isn't 100% fair for everyone in uni, is cheating.

Maybe we should call cheats on all alliances that block vs. others of smaller numbers, as it suddenly isn't fair, or?
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2012, 15:19   #53
Smasher

Smasher will become famous soon enoughSmasher will become famous soon enough

I have asked the galaxy not to show up to the eorc and its no ones business if we care to show up or not. Many wished to go since it was our 3/3 win as galaxy.It was a form of protest. Reasons are ours and if we wanted to share it with the world we would have done so.

The game is played according to a set of rules. As long as those are not broken, its all fair, so personal views of the way an alliance/galaxy/planet chose to play the game remain just that.

I always do my best to see that the rules in the game are followed by every member of my galaxy, i have no problem in kicking anyone that we might feel is not exactly honest.
Most, if not all, of the landings that people consider to be cheating/farming have been reported and analyzed by the MH team and they took the decisions according to each situation.If you have a problem still, i advice you talk to them.

All these selfish people that play in the fort galaxies and don't care about anything else but themselves are key to each and every alliance. They receive most of the defence because they also receive most of the incomings.The amount of "work" a regular member of such galaxy is usually quite high and so is the stress level.

Each round has its particularities and each of you have a favorite ally/galaxy/player that you would like to see winning.We can't all have our favorites win, can we?

You guys let me know when you decide who is the fairest of them all. Then we will focus our efforts into obtaining the victory that will make everyone happy.

Dav, stfu when u don't know what you're talking about - comments regarding other people's abilities(this is exactly like certain people talking about a certain ally/galaxy/planet without having the slightest clue). Retard.

Last edited by Smasher; 25 Jul 2012 at 17:20.
Smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2012, 15:21   #54
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I don't think abusing the exile system is cheating, it's well within the rules, but Ronin asking for the galaxies that he exiles into to pay for his exiles (I know they'd receive it back) is quite lol.

Last edited by Clouds; 25 Jul 2012 at 15:32.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2012, 17:14   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

I personally think its a form of cheating and I wish I had followed Clouds example and told him where to go, instead of allowing him to do so in my gal.

We (not you and me, but the PA community in general) have had these discussions before. It is quite clear that getting a galaxy to pay for your exile does not bother people at all. Compare that to what happens when a galaxy goes into vacation mode to avoid incomings: when they get out, they get destroyed because everyone thinks it's lame. For a particularly striking example, see 8:3's holiday in r36 and what happened when they came back.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2012, 13:12   #56
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

I dont think its cheating as its within the game mechanics and no one actually loses out from it.

The whole exile system needs to be looked at, possibly with exiling costs not going into the galaxy fund, maybe their should just be a cost that goes that doesnt reappear anywhere. That would stop galaxies doing what the likes of Ronin and others asked.

People will always find new ways to get what they want out of PA. Exploiting loopholes is part and parcel of how the game works, the problem with exiling is that a few at the top know how to use exiling to their advantage to create super galaxies and how to manipulate galaxy and alliance funds to store more resources than is technically allowed. Maybe if this information was explained to everyone then it would be less of an issue.

You cant overly blame Smashers galaxy for being wise to ways of creating what they want using tools that are allowed within the game. Yes they ended up with 8-9 good players in their galaxy but they still had to be online and defend all the incommings and organise themselves 24/7 to catch up and then pull clear of everyone else.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2012, 13:54   #57
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I don't think abusing the exile system is cheating, it's well within the rules, but Ronin asking for the galaxies that he exiles into to pay for his exiles (I know they'd receive it back) is quite lol.
What was ronin's secret to pay for the exiles?

Sorry better exile me otherwise I am going to be a shit gal mate?
Unread 27 Jul 2012, 18:09   #58
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
What was ronin's secret to pay for the exiles?

Sorry better exile me otherwise I am going to be a shit gal mate?
When you self exile the resources you pay for it go to the galaxy fund of the gal you are exiling from. So, you could ask the galaxy to donate you the resources needed for self exile, because they will simply get all of it back when you exile. That means in the end that self exile is free.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote