User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Apr 2005, 20:50   #1
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Xorg

Ok i recently got ahold of a old Dell Latitude CPx laptop from my school. i have put gentoo kernel 2.6 on. There is NO network connections other than my wireless card so i need a web page to auth with the schools wireless. I have tried to set up X on my own but i can't seem to get a config file to run x right. at best i has gotten a bright screen. Any help that can be provied would be great. ty

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 21:32   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Xorg

cant you just use lynx ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 05:35   #3
Doorsdown

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

no

it needs to be emerged

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 05:53   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
no

it needs to be emerged
This is me. Laughing at you. On the internet.

How about you download the source and compile it by hand? Or how about getting one of those snazzy Gentoo CDs and using that as your source instead of the interweb? Or are you completely useless?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 15:54   #5
Doorsdown

i tried using the Gentoo Live CD as the exported the file and when i did

emerge -K links

it failed, Banned, how do u prose i dl it to this machine? i can't dl shit till i can login via a web page and since there is no nic card i can't hop on to any LAN's

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 16:09   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
i tried using the Gentoo Live CD as the exported the file and when i did

emerge -K links

it failed, Banned, how do u prose i dl it to this machine? i can't dl shit till i can login via a web page and since there is no nic card i can't hop on to any LAN's
You are useless and should not be allowed near a computer in the future.

Since you likely need it spelled out for you:

Quote:
Precompiled binary-packages on CD #2
lynx
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 16:12   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

That's quite funny