User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Feb 2005, 20:31   #1
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
[Discuss] Gal Members see Def prelaunch

This may have already beeb suggested, but would it b posible that you could see if someone had prelaunched defence towards you?

This would make sorting defence easier, especially if someone is logining in quicky just to cheak on things, they see a gal member in need say ETA 6 so prelaunch 5+1, but that is shown on gal status so that other gal members can see that help is on the way?

Just an idea, and a simple but useful thing for in gal.

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 17:51   #2
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Gal Members see Def prelaunch

let some1 jgp you :-) Or if you have areturning fleet, jgp yourself
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 21:29   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Attacking prelaunches should have a 20% chance of notifying the target about exact launch tick for every tick its set.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 22:37   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

But I am on about havine Defence pre launch for IN GAL only being showin in gal status. Just makes things more simplar. It's not swaying an advantage thing, just making things easier to use really :-)

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 02:39   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
But I am on about havine Defence pre launch for IN GAL only being showin in gal status.
I'm inclined to support this. It makes sense and helps galaxy cooperation. The issue of spies is raised, but seeing as they'll see everything at eta 4 anyway, that's sort of moot.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 09:41   #6
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

i don't see why because any spies can see the information 4-5 ticks later at eta 4 makes the point moot?

surely the sooner any hostiles within your galaxy get the information and pass it along the better (for them anyway) allowing attacker to recall/resend/get incomings on the defender. the galaxy setup from what i understand is likely to land lots of people in hostile galaxys.

this seams to be only bypassing the need for a jumpie which imo is just a waste of time because would not have a huge impact on the game.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 17:13   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it means that galaxies with less communication can see who launched. Only the ones who have to go have to prelaunch early - so security won't be comprimised too much by spys.
And btw, the whole "oh spys can see gal status thing" they can just ask the people ingal anyway
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 14:57   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the old eta 5+3 thing as bloody when its still eta 5 and the incoming is then eta 4 grrrr that winds me up i need to know if its right

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 15:30   #9
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

personally i don't really see the need of a feature like this. I mean as galm8 you can message the planet you are defending with your set fleet details, the planet can then easily see what is coming towards him in which tick. Another option would be to post your defence mission on the galaxy forum so its available to all galm8s, and it takes hardly more effort. If you can't even get that to be done in your gal i think chances on ingal def are little anyways.

(i assumed there would be no access to IRC for this new feature/option to be needed in the first place).
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 17:21   #10
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i think its a good idea, simple, jus to see if somoene has set to defend someone else, in GAL only, i mean, no point in EVERYONE sending defence is there....

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 17:23   #11
Goafer LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
surely the sooner any hostiles within your galaxy get the information and pass it along the better (for them anyway) allowing attacker to recall/resend/get incomings on the defender.
why would u want to sell out your own galmates???

[INS]Goafer
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 01:02   #12
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

I agree that this would be useful. If you were just logging onto PA quickly and see your gal has incs, at the moment, you wouldn't know if they had any defence or not unless you eg. logged onto IRC aswell, which you might not be able to do.

If you could see the in gal defence pre-launch then you would know if your ships might be needed aswell if they have no defence or not if everyone was defending them. You could post on the galaxy forums but it would be easier to see if it just appeared on the galaxy status page.
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 09:55   #13
Goafer LX

i'm all fdor this this idea, good thinking

[INS]Goafer
Unread 5 Mar 2005, 18:50   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I shared a gal with Marv last round, so here are my thoughts:

1) If a galaxy is active, then a policy of posting defence on the boards should be enough (we did it, and it worked pretty well 90% of the time)
2) I don't want to see this made mandatory due to the presence of spies/hostiles. The former are often in active galaxies, and the latter are fairly common in inactive galaxies which don't have either the resources or activity to exile them. There can be a number of reasons for this.
3) However, it is a good idea.

So - how about having an option to choose whether to show your defence as visible or invisible? If visible, it's shown to the rest of the galaxy on the gal status; if invisible, it's as it was in r12 (see it at eta 4)
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 09:52   #15
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goafer LX#

I have never had the pleasure of being that evil but i know a lot of ppl who do it and there is 1 evil shite in every 3 galaxys at least.
do you not remember when you could attack your own galaxy?
now thems was evil days.

Unread 7 Mar 2005, 18:47   #16
Goafer LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
do you not remember when you could attack your own galaxy?
now thems was evil days.
personally not, i have only played the last 2 rounds...
unless you could do it round 11 without me realising lol

[INS]Goafer
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 09:21   #17
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
i wouldn't sell out my galm8s and next rounds gal setup looks like everyone is gonna have hostiles in their galaxy, so if anything i am more worried about being on the sold out end rather than the sell out end.

the point i was making was that any spies in the galaxy would see incoming freindlies possibly in time to get attacker to recall/resend, if not in time to get allym8s to attack the defender.

in the potentially hostile climate next round i think most people would prefer to keep their cards close to their chest, EVEN from galm8's.

(btw im sure i made this clear in my first post, and in referance to the ones above it, sorry if it wasn't )
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 11:13   #18
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

why are people so paranoid about spies. i think this feature should be implemented as the attacker cud just JPG scan u anyway as they are very stupid to attack a planet that they cant get a scan through and attack the target blind. this will help the smaller galaxies and also the people who cant get on IRC to co-ordinate defence from there.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 11:46   #19
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

how lame...i got (what i presume to be neg rep cuz its grey) and a comment that said "coz". come on..own up to it

Unread 8 Mar 2005, 13:34   #20
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Grey is neutral, as in doesn't affect your reputation.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 13:55   #21
Mek
InSomniac

it is grey because that person doesnt have enuf influence to affect the rep

Unread 8 Mar 2005, 16:31   #22
Banned
Banned

Correct.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 16:35   #23
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

i would say that this is a bad thing rather than a good thing. it would allow for less attacks to happen and make it easier for the more informed. the element of supprise is gone. we want more not less battles.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 20:01   #24
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
i would say that this is a bad thing rather than a good thing. it would allow for less attacks to happen and make it easier for the more informed. the element of supprise is gone. we want more not less battles.
Exactly.
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 09:44   #25
Goafer LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
not necessarily,
you can currently see who is attacking, and send defence accordingly
only difference with this is that you can see who has sent defence, so in fact, only 1 person may send defence rather than 4... so i dont see how u "lose the element of suprise"

[INS]Goafer
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 11:09   #26
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
not necessarily,
you can currently see who is attacking, and send defence accordingly
only difference with this is that you can see who has sent defence, so in fact, only 1 person may send defence rather than 4... so i dont see how u "lose the element of suprise"
Goafer, you don't seem to understand spies and hostile gal-mates. I realise that you may have only played since round 11, and so haven't been as exposed to the darker sides to the game, but they are there and are something to be wary of. Showing pre-launched in-gal defence is a flawed idea because of this, unless you compromise as I proposed earlier.

Either way, I think this is a totally unnecessary feature.
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 12:09   #27
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
personally not, i have only played the last 2 rounds...
unless you could do it round 11 without me realising lol
It was very evil

Unread 9 Mar 2005, 16:06   #28
Goafer LX

i fully appriceiate that some gal members may be twisted and sell u out but... surely they still can, it just requires them to check the forum instead of the gal status screen
their gonna be able to do it either way but this is just a nicer way of doing things if your been honest

[INS]Goafer
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 17:32   #29
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

well no cause like last round only 5 of us shared intel and that was on irc.....the others had no clue what was going on

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 17:40   #30
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

with the inclusion of buddy packs and hence likely chance of a hostile alliance being in your galaxy, i see this as a horrible idea.
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 08:56   #31
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Discuss] Gal Members see Def prelaunch

or, make it visible to those in your buddy pack (whom you presumably trust) - in particular if it is to the third person in the buddy pack. IE, mate #1 has incs, mate #2 has prelaunched def, you can see prelaunched def but others cant...

?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote