User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 17:18   #1
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
new formua for structures killing

right now any planet can loss 20% of there structures no matter if there attacker is smaller/even/bigger i propose a little balance to that

say

if your attackers value is below yours the 20% kill stays

if your attackers value is equal or with in 5% over 10% get killed

if your attackers value is greater than 5% of yours than 5% get killed

the 5% kill may seem alittle harsh but it would keep structures bashing down and keep it so that bigger planets and destroy the game for the smaller ones. And this seems like it would be easy to implement into the code and wouldn't require any major changes just some modified values on how the existing code operates.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 18:46   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: new formua for structures killing

Yes, I agree. People should be punished for being good players.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 18:57   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

would lead to new accounts being created for the sole purpose of structure killing
bad idea imo.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 20:43   #4
Doorsdown

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
would lead to new accounts being created for the sole purpose of structure killing
bad idea imo.

i beg to differ

it order to kill the max ammount of strs you would need to be smaller than your target hence rewarding smaller people for going after big targets not the big bashing the small

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 22:18   #5
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
bad idea imo.
Newbie bashers would be forced to multi to do their thing properly? <sarc>Sounds like a terrible idea, yea.</sarc>

(The primary use of structure killers seems to be so that big players can destroy their smaller targets' ability to rebuild. I don't think this is very healthy for the game.)

Then again, an alliance may want to try and destroy another's scan planets (though I don't know if this actually happens). Besides, most alliances have at least some small planets they could use for this purpose - scan planets of their own for example.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 22:25   #6
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

ive heard plenty of people complaning to me to suggest small planets decimating a large planets structures repeatedly is also a very bad thing. This would lead to large planets multi-ing in order to destroy the structures of their enemies imho - which is bad
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 22:30   #7
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
ive heard plenty of people complaning to me to suggest small planets decimating a large planets structures repeatedly is also a very bad thing. This would lead to large planets multi-ing in order to destroy the structures of their enemies imho - which is bad
Small planets are able to do that on a consistent basis? What game exactly are you playing? It sure as hell isn't PA.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 04:35   #8
Doorsdown

Quote:

u just delete both the big muilt and the small one, hell were tossing a bone to the underdogs here to keep the big guys from getting it. no matter what it is the big guys will always try to get some it. Maybe it would make more interaction with bigger planets working with smaller ones. or it could lead to another killmark bot army

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 09:46   #9
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

to be honest, this is a great idea. why would a top100 player start a new planet and risk being closed to kill someones structs? seriously, its gunna take him a LONG time to build up a planet strong enough to kill a t100's players structs. good idea Nadar
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 09:53   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
Small planets are able to do that on a consistent basis? What game exactly are you playing? It sure as hell isn't PA.

What game are u playing?

There are several tactics that make it cmopletely impossible to get defence against, meaning small players with only 200 ships can land on top planets and guarentee to wipe there structures.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 10:06   #11
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
What game are u playing?

There are several tactics that make it cmopletely impossible to get defence against, meaning small players with only 200 ships can land on top planets and guarentee to wipe there structures.
Show and tell, please?

I'd *really* like to know just how I can land on planets much larger than me and do in some structures, ty.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 10:13   #12
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Send 50 Maurauders to attack, and 38 galleons to def. Mauruders sub galleons and kill 15 structures.

Of course, flakking comes into play, and u can get bw to attack u (to freeze the galleons, though the galleons will still fire due to a bug).

Thats the basics, ther are many variations, and a lot get used.

I have been a top zik for last few rounds, last round there were many other tactics tht were impossible to stop, but I couldnt use em as i was one of only 2 ziks in my alliance, and we would of got owned had ppl used them back on us
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 13:56   #13
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Again, that's not a problem of structure killing, that's a problem of subversion, which is for this reason clearly broken.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 20:24   #14
Forest

lol?

subversion owns.

The problem this round, is that its overpowered. I pride myslef on how well i play this race, so it annoys me that any old noob can do well with it.

It doenst however, chagne the fact that structre killers are wankly overpowered
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 11:45   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I am going to decline this because it is not the nicest way to limit strcuture killers, it is to rigid, however It has given me an idea for a development discussions thread which i'll wrtie up later today.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread