User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jun 2004, 07:40   #1
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts
The Login Questions

Could we keep the login questions to things which are guarenteed universal knowledge. The simpler the better. The damn thing asked me what the capital of Norway was. I am an American, they should be damn happy I know Norway is a country (given the average level of knowledge of an average citizen in our country).

Anyway, I knew it was either Helsinki or Olso, and I guessed wrong.

Another question asked me to add up G+I+L+L+Y. Now I think that adds up to Gilly. It doesn't. Maybe I misread that one. All I am saying is I am an enthusiastic supporter of Planetarion, I have paid for my own account and paypaled money to my friends to pay for theres since Round 7. We are all American, and I dont want to see any of our accounts get disabled even temporarily.
Alunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 08:33   #2
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: The Login Questions

Some qeustions + answer are wrong.

Those question are very easy though.
In earlier rounds we had some shakespeare stuff as Q
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]

Last edited by General1; 10 Jun 2004 at 12:33.
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 09:12   #3
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Some qeustions + answer are wrong.

Those question are very easy though.
In earlier rounds we had some shakspeare stuff as Q
and they spelt shakespeare wrong...
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 11:55   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some of the login questions are flawed - however, the majority should be simple enough to let you log in without problems.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 12:04   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

iirc, you need to fail something silly, like 10 questions, in order to get locked out?

you'd have to be pretty xenophobic to manage that, surely?

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 12:33   #6
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
and they spelt shakespeare wrong...
Was in a hurry this morning
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 12:36   #7
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

For reference:
The Capital of Norway is Oslo
The Capital of Sweden is Stockholm
The Capital of Denmark is Copenhagen

Play PA, and learn your geography and mental arithmatic at the same time. Now who said we were just a game :P
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 13:23   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The capital of Iceland is Reykjavik
The capital of Finland is Helsinki

To complete Scandinavia
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 14:25   #9
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Was in a hurry this morning
heh, I was referring to the old PA login question, not your own inadequacies
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 14:55   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunan
The damn thing asked me what the capital of Norway was. I am an American, they should be damn happy I know Norway is a country (given the average level of knowledge of an average citizen in our country).
Well.. you will learn stuff like that when you start at school
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 22:16   #11
Alunan

Alunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these partsAlunan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Well.. you will learn stuff like that when you start at school
Graduated last Saturday thank you very much. Off to College I go.
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 23:40   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think the questions rock. but I'm sure they'll change them again next round, as they have done every round since they were introduced. Maybe ask Spinner to read through and correct typos etc.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 01:13   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Maybe ask Spinner to read through and correct typos etc.
nah.. make Kal do that
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 01:35   #14
thaeter
Got my villain necktie

thaeter is an unknown quantity at this point

you're a college student and you dont even have a decent level of general knowledge ? thats pretty sad.
thaeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 02:17   #15
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
nah.. make Kal do that
I second this :P
(mainly cos I don't want to do it)
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 02:44   #16
Alunan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaeter
you're a college student and you dont even have a decent level of general knowledge ? thats pretty sad.
I am sorry, you know the capital of Montana off hand?

How did you come to the conclusion I don't have a decent level of general knowledge? Because I wasn't sure whether the capital of an obscure little country in the frozen hell holes of Europe was Oslo or Helsinki? Well excuse ****ing me. The sheer amount of stupidity that pours from your logic astounds me. Its covering and oozing from your post like an oil slick.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 02:48   #17
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
I am sorry, you know the capital of Montana off hand?
Montana isn't a country, it's a state/province/county of a country (United States of America)
((Incidentally, the capital of Montana is Helena))
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 03:01   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: The Login Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
((Incidentally, the capital of Montana is Helena))
You had to look it up though, didn't you!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 03:29   #19
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
You had to look it up though, didn't you!
Yeah, but it's not a country, so not expected to be general knowledge anyway.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 05:04   #20
Alunan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Yeah, but it's not a country, so not expected to be general knowledge anyway.
Well there are only 3 countries on our continent.

There are 20+ on yours. We view those countries in the same way as you view our states. You may know the capital of some of the big ones, but certainly not all of em.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 06:56   #21
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Make Zeus do the question and noone will get in
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 07:24   #22
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConrad
Make Zeus do the question and noone will get in

just what we need...NOT

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 20:23   #23
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well there are only 3 countries on our continent.

There are 20+ on yours. We view those countries in the same way as you view our states. You may know the capital of some of the big ones, but certainly not all of em.
that's bollocks anyway... Mexico is not the southern limit of the continent of North America!
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:07   #24
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
that's bollocks anyway... Mexico is not the southern limit of the continent of North America!
Not to mention all the countries in the caribbean.

And don't forget that Greenland (now semi-autonomous from Denmark) and half of Iceland--including the capital Reykjavik--are on the North American continent.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:14   #25
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

i knew about Greenland and the Carribean, but how is Iceland part of North America?
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:15   #26
Neferti
part time ghost

hmm, i can see why you might want to say that, if you split America and Europe along the line 20 degrees longitude...
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:23   #27
Perfection
Autonomous

Perfection will become famous soon enoughPerfection will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
hmm, i can see why you might want to say that, if you split America and Europe along the line 20 degrees longitude...
I think hes using plate tectonics to define the continents. Iceland is positioned on the border of two continents - theres a ditch there thats growing at the rate of something like 1m a year that runs all along the island. In other words, The island is being ripped in two.
Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:39   #28
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
I think hes using plate tectonics to define the continents. Iceland is positioned on the border of two continents - theres a ditch there thats growing at the rate of something like 1m a year that runs all along the island. In other words, The island is being ripped in two.
Correct. The western half is on the North American plate--it's coming with us.
Unread 11 Jun 2004, 21:59   #29
Perfection
Autonomous

Perfection will become famous soon enoughPerfection will become famous soon enough

Take the eastern half too, its too far away to be part of europe

Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 01:13   #30
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

1+ +Silly+ +Question=

what kind of a log in question is that, or am i merely too dense and tired to grasp its meaning??
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 01:42   #31
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

How many Europeans know the capitals of Malawi and Eritrea? How about Turkmenistan or Bhutan?

Anyway here's a Thread from GD that may be interesting
Wales vs. Tarrant County

And for those who need to brush up, may I direct you to:
Geosense

The answers are Blantyre, Malawi ; Asmara, Eritrea; Ashgabat, Turkmenistan; Thimphu, Bhutan
Unread 12 Jun 2004, 18:01   #32
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

ok i have read all the questions and checked em, there are no mistakes in the answers (aluthough some grammsr msitakes in one question ), nearly all the questions are obvious/stright forwards, the hardest being the captials ones.... but well its allways ncie to get educated.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:20   #33
sotec

sotec is an unknown quantity at this point

Omg, I Cant Believe This.

NORTH AMERIKA IS GROWING.
sotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 22:19   #34
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

"Is this happy or unhappy? :("

I liked that one.