User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 07:52   #1
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
By the skin of our teeth.

Hi! My name is ND! I'm currently an alliance in Planetarion. I have about 65 members, and am currently 7th in the alliance rankings. I enjoy watching hockey, and laughing at funny people in Planetarion.

All is not well in my life at the moment. There's a rather large bully at school, his name is FPM. He's really big, with nearly 300 members, and they're really a big force on the playground. Some of the other kids just give up their lunch money whenever they see big ol' meanie FPM coming - but I dont like to do that. Even though he's much bigger than I am, I like making him work to statiate his gluttonlike quest for free resources.

Unfortunately, that big bully FPM has decided to focus solely on me for awhile. To teach me a lesson. Those little people that run FPM's brain have said cool things like "I f*cking hate ND." and "ND is a skill-less alliance that sits in protected gals and mooches off our success." Silly FPM, all I want to do is make sure I can have a good time in Planetarion.

--

If you've made it through my rather silly, yet frighteningly accurate, metaphor - hear this.

NewDawn, while not claiming to be the strongest, nor most efficient, nor most effective, nor most connected alliance in Planetarion, is being targetted by the 3 alliances which could make those claims. It is a sad day in the state of this game, when the 3 strongest groups in Planetarion have to gang up to eliminate little old Mr. #7.

That being said - in the effort to provide a better playing environment for our members, for the members of Elysium, LCH, VSN, HR, NoS, VGN, Rock, and F-Crew, NewDawn is doing our damndest to keep up the good fight, playing by the rules, and being a general pain in FPM's collective ass.

While our alliances may not ring fear into the hearts of the FPM HC, I, for one, am proud to call the alliances of VGN, Rock, and F-crew partners. We may not be the biggest fish in the sea, but we're playing our little hearts out, which is more than can be said for the majority of the universe at the current time.

Warm regards to Irvine and Colle.

Best wishes,

[ND]Barrow
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 07:57   #2
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: By the skin of our teeth.

whiner
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 07:58   #3
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

have fun , cause under pressure fun and spirit keeps an alliance together.

though if you really think 3 of the biggest alliances this round are concentrating on you I think your sadly mistaken. Its all about the roids.

Good Luck anyway.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 07:58   #4
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. 100%. I'll avoid the 'cocky' retort.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 07:59   #5
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Propaganda doesn't work in PA.

All they want is your roids. Your roids, cause they are cheap and easy to get. Your roids, cause they took all of EVL already. You should have focused your firepower on FPM from tick one and maybe, stagnation had not started so soon. But the fact is, they will roid you silly and there is really nothing you can do about it.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:00   #6
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

You can call us whiners, you can call us whatever... we've fought the good fight... whenever things have gotten hard we've leaned on each other, like a real family... and THAT is the spirit of ND.

Like Barrow said, we aren't the biggest, nor are we the baddest... but we have heart.
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:01   #7
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Hell, a man has to have an ego, right?

Not solely concentrating, but I figured that these boys were at least partly good to their words. Baddars promised me 40 fleets inc if we covert opped him. YoureDoomed, who isnt even in a position of authority said we'd be dead if we defended against him. Hell, maybe its too must trust.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:01   #8
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

ND shall live on as it always has, keep up the fight

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:02   #9
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

You need to chk with some of the other m8's in your ally dude. Get an update on the politics. This thread is inaccurate.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:04   #10
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

we dont have all yet, i just found myself a nice 1500 roid target for 2morrow
§pa¢e¢ook¦e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:07   #11
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

FPMW allied ND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
You need to chk with some of the other m8's in your ally dude. Get an update on the politics. This thread is inaccurate.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:11   #12
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Hell, a man has to have an ego, right?

Not solely concentrating, but I figured that these boys were at least partly good to their words. Baddars promised me 40 fleets inc if we covert opped him. YoureDoomed, who isnt even in a position of authority said we'd be dead if we defended against him. Hell, maybe its too must trust.
you rememebr reborn/legion/fury round 3?

responses were the same then.

It was about roids then and its about roids now. Maybe cocky bu they have that position and before any of the former players start saying we are nothing like the round 3 alliances I am not stating we are but the attitude is born out of the fact that they have won or will win.

still yu talk about ego, and then state how they are "concentrating" on you. This isnt them bullying yo its about stagnation and roids.

Welcome to every round of pa friend.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:13   #13
Fimu
The Stampede

Fimu can only hope to improve

well, I dont get it.

everybody started from zero, every single alliance in this game had the chance to group up, to play, to grow, to attack and defend. Obviously at some time, one group would be smaller than the other one. Thats the game, and thats the way it happens.

If you are the small one now, it is because someone has been better than you. It is because the "big bully guy" called FPM got through the round until now and showed some skill to be winning and not whinning.

You want peace? Go see pandas in China.

There is a war out there in Planetarion and someone has to lose, deal with it.

kind regards,

Fimu the sexeh Phraktos babe.

Last edited by Fimu; 15 Apr 2004 at 08:27.
Fimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:16   #14
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Check the scores rumad - who has more roids? Phraktos or ND?

Fimu, I guess I didnt outline it clearly enough. I dont expect you to stop attacking me, or my alliance. I'd hope that you'd start attacking people that would give you a run for your money.

edit: pandas are a lot cuter than pa though.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:25   #15
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimu
well, I dont get it.

everybody started from zero, every single alliance in this game had the chance to group up, to play, to grow, to attack and defend. Obviously at some time, one group would be smaller than the other one. Thats the game, and thats the way it happens.

If you are the small one now, it is because someone has been better than you. It is because the "big bully guy" called FPM got through the round until now and showed some skill to be winning and not whinning.

You want peace? Go see pandas in China.

There is a war out there in Planetarion and someone has to lose, dealt with it.

kind regards,

Fimu the sexeh Phraktos babe.
How gracefully and "error free " stated. Can't be put better than that.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:26   #16
Fimu
The Stampede

Barrow, no hard feelings. An enemy is an enemy even if its a little bonny boy.

edit: yeah panda are the cutest
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:29   #17
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Like rumad said, its all about the roids.

And its flattering for you to let us know that we have more roids than Phraktos. or FAnG, depending on where you're at.

best of luck, and, i hope you dont mind if i hope your ships die.

nn.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:44   #18
Fimu
The Stampede

yeah, you can always wish, they all wish.

Pity they cant get it real.

Soon or later, your roids will be ours.

Sleep well my friend, we'll take care of your planet

nn
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:50   #19
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I would tend to doubt that FAnG, and accompanying choirboys, are targetting ND with the same fervour as they're targetting the number one alliance from last round.
Came from the thread entitled "To Wolfpack, Love Me". I find it pretty ironic considering tonights events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Whats this stagnation everyone talks about? ND are not a big alliance, in members of average score. We are not allied to FPM or W. Yet almost every night we gain more roids than we lose. We are holding our own despite getting a shitload of FPM incs, why arent other alliances doing the same? We are not (contrary to popular belief) camped out in FPM gals, and we hit FPM (knowingly) more than any other alliance. Are the rest of the resistance crap or are we lucky in not getting incs from FPM?

The question is clearly answered in the case of Ely
You quite clearly doomed yourself here and raised it to the attention of FPM.

Clearly, your post was deemed a threat to FPM domination and now to teach you a lesson they are going to knock you down and show everyone who the true masters are.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:57   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

We have to roid someone

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 09:05   #21
tygercub
apathetic

between 12:00 midnight and 3:10 am my time... 43 fleets were launched on ND members... 43 fleets comprised of 224,673 ships.

but we're not being targeted....

that's a LOT of ships for three hours
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 09:14   #22
Fimu
The Stampede

dont be hasty ND boys;

sooner or later ur roids will be ours. And its better when u guys put up a fight.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 09:15   #23
tygercub
apathetic

erm, last time i checked i was a ND girl
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 09:34   #24
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

mjrTorspo is an unknown quantity at this point

From 250 planets with 3fleetslots available each focusing on you... 43 fleets? Some of us here get that much hostile fleets incoming on their planet alone while sleeping.
From: Phil (1:1:7) Subject: you know Sent: Thu Apr 29 15:46:54 2004
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

mjrTorspo - cheating ely scum
mjrTorspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 09:39   #25
tygercub
apathetic

considering the concentration of ND members in gals (or lack thereof), it can objectively be said that this isn't random. it's never been this bad in a three hour period... and i can't imagine everyone just decided to up and roid on a thursday morning.

it somehow takes three 2.5 mil guys to tear down a 1.5 mil player. kudos. that's elite.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 10:52   #26
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

I heard a rumour a certain pack HC made some problems with FANG, Pack actually gonna challenge FPM?
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 11:45   #27
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
FPMW allied ND!!
stop calling it FPMW. WP is NOT allied to our block and the nap is ONLY there because of Phraktos.

thankyou, rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 12:14   #28
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

if FPM rnt targetting WP then why not add it there ?

granted they rnt official members of the 'block' but they r indirectly members via Phraktos and the fact they rnt being targetted.

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 12:22   #29
Rumad
th0ng gimp

omg who cares who is in what block - "in every round of pa tehre agreemenst, every round somebody bitches, get over it already "
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 12:28   #30
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

oh damn - barrow you forgot this part of the story. (and i dont talk in name of FAnG - just my personal tought, but im kinda sad to see all this Anti-FPM BS)

hi my name is FAnG, im not a new guy here around the block, but im in the last year of school, for many years i got beaten the shit out of me but finally before the school started, i found 2 nice friend, 1 is big like me, Phraktos is name and the other one is a little bit smaller than us but he said that he will be my friend.
we are scared coz a gang with some of our ennemy is around, their name are eclipse, elysium, tot, elysium.
We asked some help from people but , they said they wont help us. so we got to be united.
But we have some luck one guy got transferred school, his name is eclipse, his parent said that the school sux, obviously i can understand why, coz every 3 days, the little guy around cry and whine and go to the teachers and they always points at the big guys. So we need to be careful this year, as we are the biggest guy.
Today phraktos and MISTU came to me and told me that because eclipse left, the gang wont attack us and wont give us lot trouble, because they are not stronger than us, they remain still to have same member than us (around the 250), but i heard that some little kid called ND dont want to join them, because he is scared of us and of everyone like this kid PAck, so instead of fighing he is nice to everyone.
but occasionaly he beat one of our friend.
We many times thought about not going out together as a gang, because at the start of the round, we tought that we are not needed anymore , protection is not needed as the big guy left the shool, but then we all remember that we made some promise and that friendship is higher than everything.
But now all the school hate us because finally we are the big guy after 10 years in school, that suck, even the small guy go to the teacher and talk about us. they say we steal their money and everything.
We small guy, if you would have joined with other small guy instead of crying/whining you would have fight better today, but i guess that whine at something that ussually happen every year, is something that all small guy do and beaten Gang.
Maybe next year or the years after that, you will be the big guy and you will beat everyone .
Maybe the whining and the constant crying that we MAKE, make the big guy run away from the school thinking that its dangerous to be notorious today and to be the big guys.

Anyway, i dont know what the rest of the school think, but i have my 2 best friends, and i wont drop them because a whiner is pointing us to the teacher, we are trying to play in the same playground, but seems the little guy want it all for himself.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 12:39   #31
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
Anyway, i dont know what the rest of the school think, but i have my 2 best friends, and i wont drop them because a whiner is pointing us to the teacher, we are trying to play in the same playground, but seems the little guy want it all for himself.

Pack HERE WE COME!!!

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 13:02   #32
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

hmm, interesting, good luck to both sides
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 13:21   #33
Rumad
th0ng gimp

since evryone is using the barrow analogy here is my attempt.

"hi, my name is FAnG and I have been butt****ed every round since insertion (pun) in pa.

I now have 2 ppl who are being nice to me. We may be butt****ed later, but at least we lasted longer than the ppl we made our bitches this round.

I can't wait for the video."
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 13:28   #34
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

awe man can we just kick these whiney ND's ass and move on to some bigger fish... You're not victims ND, you had chances. You could have allied with all the alliances that were not FPM. But you didnt now you're really in the chit and you're all going to die. let the ownage begin.
________
Thai property for sale

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 06:56.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 13:43   #35
Eskimo
Foolish newbie

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouRiQueT
awe man can we just kick these whiney ND's ass and move on to some bigger fish... You're not victims ND, you had chances. You could have allied with all the alliances that were not FPM. But you didnt now you're really in the chit and you're all going to die. let the ownage begin.
thank goodness people don't get cocky once they're on the winning hand :eek:

Anyhow, everyone failed to mention a few very important details in Barrow's little universe.

For one, FAnG wears goggles and has a wrinkly owl face.
Secondly, FPM's daddies are all rich and powerful, so they'll fire all the other kid's daddies if they're too troublesome.

Also, all the girl's are in love with ND. Especially because of his enormous penix, which ND belovedly calls 'Esk'
C. Shouldn't have sat next to you on the bus in the first place.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 13:50   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Came from the thread entitled "To Wolfpack, Love Me". I find it pretty ironic considering tonights events.
I must admit I never expected anything like this. Frankly it'd be like Wrath declaring war on NFU.

NO WAIT I DIDN'T SAY THAT!
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 14:47   #37
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
We many times thought about not going out together as a gang, because at the start of the round, we tought that we are not needed anymore , protection is not needed as the big guy left the shool, but then we all remember that we made some promise and that friendship is higher than everything.
This is such a crappy attitude, the same one that was used to ruin the speedgame final

I'm glad it's only your personal opinion and not (yet) the official word from FaNG, but ask yourself this: Does your friendship to the other alliances / loyalty / honour / sticking to your word / whatever you want to call it, mean more than the game itself? Your agreement with Phraktos and MISTU was formed essentially in a role playing sense (that is you were acting as alch the HC at the time, not as Adam who happens to play PA). If you go back on it, people won't label you as dishonourable for the rest of your life, noone will spit on you in the street, and you won't get death threats in the mail. Because it's just a game. Look beyond the game, and do what's right to make it more fun for all, not least those in your alliance who would like to say they're skillfull PA players but can't because they're not being stretched.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:24   #38
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
This is such a crappy attitude, the same one that was used to ruin the speedgame final

I'm glad it's only your personal opinion and not (yet) the official word from FaNG, but ask yourself this: Does your friendship to the other alliances / loyalty / honour / sticking to your word / whatever you want to call it, mean more than the game itself? Your agreement with Phraktos and MISTU was formed essentially in a role playing sense (that is you were acting as alch the HC at the time, not as Adam who happens to play PA). If you go back on it, people won't label you as dishonourable for the rest of your life, noone will spit on you in the street, and you won't get death threats in the mail. Because it's just a game. Look beyond the game, and do what's right to make it more fun for all, not least those in your alliance who would like to say they're skillfull PA players but can't because they're not being stretched.
yeh cause elysium really thought of that last round and other rounds where they have dominated politics

have a while we take your roids :gollum:
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:36   #39
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

This is great!

Alch - I'm sorry, but I don't feel too bad for the new guy. Congrats on your success and all, but that doesnt mean your entire alliance should rest on its lorels and merely attack the little guys. Valhalla, ND, where you going next? I hear F-crew has a pretty huge roidcount.

Touriquet - I have nothing but love for you. Unfortuantely, letting the ownage begin would probably just involve you sitting around a table with all your other top 10 guys and laughing at our inability to cover 204393284904320943832498203984093482098423.6 fleets coming at my planet. I fully expect retributition for this, and if my intention was to whine or invoke pity from the Planetarion community, I never would have posted this thread.

My main purpose was to ask the PA community (remember now, the community doesnt revolve around you) to hold off on 'giving up'. I'm not sure if its going to work, but, I'd like to think that it wont be easy.

Cheers.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:46   #40
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
yeh cause elysium really thought of that last round and other rounds where they have dominated politics
Because it wasn't needed, the war last round was very balanced throughout. But I can assure you if Elysium was in a block like FPM this round, I would do everything I could to push my HC into breaking alliances and giving the game a respectable war. I can't speak for them, but it's my hope they would.

In any case this isn't about Elysium. I was speaking from the point of view of a concerned ex-player (concerned for the game that is, not for the poor ND players) and my feelings would be identical if I were a FAnG member, albeit I wouldn't have posted here, I would have PMed alch.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:51   #41
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Because it wasn't needed, the war last round was very balanced throughout. But I can assure you if Elysium was in a block like FPM this round, I would do everything I could to push my HC into breaking alliances and giving the game a respectable war. I can't speak for them, but it's my hope they would.

In any case this isn't about Elysium. I was speaking from the point of view of a concerned ex-player (concerned for the game that is, not for the poor ND players) and my feelings would be identical if I were a FAnG member, albeit I wouldn't have posted here, I would have PMed alch.
yeah cause after FAnG's very public collapse things were so even. Don't make me laugh.

As for this not being about Elysium why should FAnG/Mistu and Phraktos break there alliance? I dont see any need to be a huge sacrificer when so many alliances have done so much to impede gameplay through the rounds.

Realise what you are saying and get over your hipocrisy.

Barrow - we love you really and you know that already - i always liked ND, but if you have a better score/roids ratio its commonsense you will be roided. Stagnation sucks but without the old maneuvering and ppl going for easy roids it comes down to this :/
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:01   #42
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it took 3 players over 2 mil to attack me (23k Xan FI, 3+k cath CR and ~600 stalwarts...), and my value was just 1 mil... Yet I'm still in the fight, I've lost roids but i saved my fleet, and I'm gonna be a pain in the ass for as long as possible. I understand why Barrow posted this, it wasn't for sympathy, but to try and bring proper 'spirit' to those fighting those nasty FPM fellows (I've heard that they even eat babies and put gophers on spikes! How nasteh is that?!)

Rock on ND

Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:20   #43
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
yeah cause after FAnG's very public collapse things were so even. Don't make me laugh.

As for this not being about Elysium why should FAnG/Mistu and Phraktos break there alliance? I dont see any need to be a huge sacrificer when so many alliances have done so much to impede gameplay through the rounds.

Realise what you are saying and get over your hipocrisy.

Barrow - we love you really and you know that already - i always liked ND, but if you have a better score/roids ratio its commonsense you will be roided. Stagnation sucks but without the old maneuvering and ppl going for easy roids it comes down to this :/
If anyone has the power to avoid stagnation, is it not you? Make a move, you have 4 alliances there, surely you have to try and break off before Phraktos do it in search of #1?
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:25   #44
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
After FaNG's collapse there was little more than a week of the round to go so the point was much less relevant. However I will explain since you're obviously very confused. Elysium gambled bigtime on taking in FaNG recruits. Over the following 3-4 days we targetted Dragons fearing they would be the ones to benefit most from an influx ex FaNG players. By the time things came good we'd essentially lost the support of NoS/hirr/HR and faced open criticism from Eclipse. In Eclipse's case they made it clear this wouldn't translate to ingame hostilities but we were attacked NoS/hirr/HR. Yes, perhaps we could have added to the chaos by declaring war on Eclipse, but it was the end of long, tedious round and tbh noone anywhere had an appetite for anything but christmas. Oh, and by the way, we spent the final week of the round targetting WP, an alliance ranked a strong 3rd by that time. ND, ranked essentially where they are now, were 'miscellanous hostiles', we rarely considered wasting precious fleets on them, even when they were in galaxies we were attacking anyway.

Quote:
I dont see any need to be a huge sacrificer when so many alliances have done so much to impede gameplay through the rounds.
It's not a huge sacrafice. It'll make the game fun and challenging for you, don't you see this?
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:29   #45
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
If anyone has the power to avoid stagnation, is it not you? Make a move, you have 4 alliances there, surely you have to try and break off before Phraktos do it in search of #1?
4 blocks and 3 have failed early - why is that our fault?

FAnG has never dropped an ally and tbh I don't see it happen now - I knw why ppl get upset having been on both sides. But so many pplhave been in at least 1 winning block at some time or another. Ppl here need to realsie how hippocritical it is to ask allies to drop one another.

Stagnation is part of the game - whats needed is new players and new alliances and more easy roids so the alliances can avoid each otehr initially.

I say get killmark to run 50k bot planets for everyone to feed off \o/
Proud to be Independent
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:37   #46
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As much faffing about as Fury/Legion in r5 this round, there really is.

Utter garbage. Gutless garbage.

All this 'never betrayed an ally' and 'Stagnation is part of the game' stuff is bollocks when a game is at this point. I know there are far less planets, but there are potential enemies out there, about 3 of them by my count, so that's not an excuse.

And people wonder why Barrow is upset

heh
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:38   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If a round with a sufficient amount of time left for a war to be fought has stagnated to the point where the top 3 alliances are hitting the seventh ranked alliance in a game with the playerbase PA currently has it'd be fairly shit for the top 3 to sit there for the next month or so being nice and jerking each other off. Christ but grow a set and attack someone. It's a war game not a fight a quick battle then declare peace and fall asleep game. This is on the scale of Furgion not attacking the rest of the block in r5 or no second war being fought in r7 (or third in r9). ****s sake your block grew instead of splitting up, what kind of level of boredom are you trying to introduce?

I understand you're now the number one alliance and I know you don't want to jeopardise your work so far this round but you now have a chance to set an example for the rest of PA (as in the continuing rounds, however many there may be) and take action to keep the game interesting, and also further prove that you're the best alliance this round. Hopefully this is just a disguise for some secret masterplan involving you ****ing someone and taking all their roids.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:40   #48
Blazde
Elysium

Rumad, be serious please. Stagnation has been a part of some rounds, but that's no reason to admit defeat to it and let it spoil this one too.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:41   #49
LeviUK
Galley Slave

LeviUK is an unknown quantity at this point

With the greatest of respect to my pony-loving HC and his original post, I for one am enjoying this round as a member of ND even and indeed especially in the current political climate. I'm sure I may yet lose roids and perhaps my fleet but like all of the New Dawn members this round, I've defended like a b'stard and subsequently felt that small tingle of satisfaction when killing attacking ships which IMO is every bit as satisfying as taking enemy roids.

Sure, we're outnumbered and outgunned but as has already been pointed out in this thread, it happens every round to someone and tbh, I've always prefered being on the side of the underdogs.. I was in a FoS gal in r6 and it was quite the 'watching paint dry' experience. But then I've always been one for setting the difficulty level to 'hardest' when playing games - clearly this isn't everyone's preference.

My point is, who cares.. blocks will form and split, alliances will come and go, NAP and WAR with each other and ND will still own you all :-)

BTW does WP's NAP with Phraktos prevent them from attacking Fang and MISTU (MissedYou?) - I only ask after noticing WP HC warning one of their members in my gal not to def against a 3-wave Fang attack (in which none managed to land btw). Perhaps that fence is a little too comfy after all.

Planetarion Amateur since round 4.
LeviUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:42   #50
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
After FaNG's collapse there was little more than a week of the round to go so the point was much less relevant. However I will explain since you're obviously very confused. Elysium gambled bigtime on taking in FaNG recruits. Over the following 3-4 days we targetted Dragons fearing they would be the ones to benefit most from an influx ex FaNG players. By the time things came good we'd essentially lost the support of NoS/hirr/HR and faced open criticism from Eclipse. In Eclipse's case they made it clear this wouldn't translate to ingame hostilities but we were attacked NoS/hirr/HR. Yes, perhaps we could have added to the chaos by declaring war on Eclipse, but it was the end of long, tedious round and tbh noone anywhere had an appetite for anything but christmas. Oh, and by the way, we spent the final week of the round targetting WP, an alliance ranked a strong 3rd by that time. ND, ranked essentially where they are now, were 'miscellanous hostiles', we rarely considered wasting precious fleets on them, even when they were in galaxies we were attacking anyway.

It's not a huge sacrafice. It'll make the game fun and challenging for you, don't you see this?
for a start no alliance has ever made the sacrifice you talk about and if 1 or 2 alies leave the other it essentially is a sacrifice. One will lose out to the benefit of the other 2.

Alliances with the exception of Sidehopping NoS have generally being static. Did FAnG cause that? I your request as nothing more than one ally loosing out for you and a few others to say "welldone!". Too long has FAnG been a nearly ran let us have a few hours this round with allies that don't drop us and with a stable HC.

ND are a greta alliance hopefully they keep there fleet, lose there roids and the block will mov there sights elsewhere.

I see no reason why we should leave our "friends" for the few whiners who in previous rounds have equally being involved in teh very issue they complain about.

Good luck to Barrow and ND - Always foud them to be a very pleasant andgood ally to have. I hope they come out of this stronger and better
Proud to be Independent