User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Aug 2005, 15:19   #1
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold
A revitalised pa?

It appears to me that this round has been a bit different to all others.

What a fantastic round its been for 1up so far, with an extended lead of 12 million points at the time of writing this thread. Despite their position (a position that some would declare as predictable) they have been tested throughout the round so far. But so has every other alliance.

1up is not the main inspiration for writing this thread; NewDawn have done superbly well after a poor round last round and almost disbanding, to slamming their way upto 3rd.

But what about the new alliances? Reunion will be happy with their position and so should xVx, holding a top 10 spot. [F-Crew] still steal it for me; 6th place is truly superb for them. Is Wakey obtaining some activity from his troops?

The weird thing, it occurs to me, is that traditional alliances like NoS and WP have had their slots filled by some unlikley alliances. With WP disbanding and NoS holding only 44 members, it has left a superb gap that has been firmly exploited by the likes of [F-Crew] and co.

So how does everyone feel about this? Did these alliances expect to do so well? How do the newer alliances think they will fair next round? With eXilition still yet to enter the frame, I thought pa was declining in its 'fun' factor, but it seems that there is room for a lot more fun to come! It encourages me that so many alliances are being formed (TGV, Orbit etc) and succeeding whilst, of course, churning out more pa players.

Congratulations is in order. Whilst 1up/LCH and co fight a war, my eyes are also fixed on the lower ends of the table.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 15:22   #2
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about
Re: A revitalised pa?

Some days ago the lead of 1up was only about 2-3mil
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 16:02   #3
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall

What a fantastic round its been for 1up so far, with an extended lead of 12 million points at the time of writing this thread. Despite their position (a position that some would declare as predictable) they have been tested throughout the round so far. But so has every other alliance.

1up is not the main inspiration for writing this thread; NewDawn have done superbly well after a poor round last round and almost disbanding, to slamming their way upto 3rd.

But what about the new alliances? Reunion will be happy with their position and so should xVx, holding a top 10 spot. [F-Crew] still steal it for me; 6th place is truly superb for them. Is Wakey obtaining some activity from his troops?

The weird thing, it occurs to me, is that traditional alliances like NoS and WP have had their slots filled by some unlikley alliances. With WP disbanding and NoS holding only 44 members, it has left a superb gap that has been firmly exploited by the likes of [F-Crew] and co.

So how does everyone feel about this? Did these alliances expect to do so well? How do the newer alliances think they will fair next round? With eXilition still yet to enter the frame, I thought pa was declining in its 'fun' factor, but it seems that there is room for a lot more fun to come! It encourages me that so many alliances are being formed (TGV, Orbit etc) and succeeding whilst, of course, churning out more pa players.

Congratulations is in order. Whilst 1up/LCH and co fight a war, my eyes are also fixed on the lower ends of the table.
I guess it's a good thing that politics are so fluidly. Not only the naps/allies/wars but also new alliance existing out of nowhere, old ones suddenly disband or lose half their members ... not to speak about all the intrigues and the BG's that seem to claim a major role in this round (again) ...

If I'd be more active I could have said: "it has been fun so far"

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 16:02   #4
Firefreeze

Firefreeze has a spectacular aura aboutFirefreeze has a spectacular aura about

I doubt we'll see Ministry here anytime soon. Ministry announcements and hearsays are merely hot air here in PA. ToT i would love to see back.
Firefreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 16:17   #5
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

With Ministry core returning to Deuce in Pia I can't see them putting in the effort unless the next round truely sucks.

And I've also been impressed with this round of PA. It's also an impressive show of the PAX-style game mechanics over the old style Pia uses. Getting back on your feet is so much easier here with the heavily offense-orientated gameplay. I've been badly roided twice and can still manage to get back up there and fight it out, as I see many others are doing. One alliance can't get too far ahead anymore and that is really keeping the round alive.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 16:30   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I guess it's a good thing that politics are so fluidly. Not only the naps/allies/wars but also new alliance existing out of nowhere, old ones suddenly disband or lose half their members ... not to speak about all the intrigues and the BG's that seem to claim a major role in this round (again) ...

If I'd be more active I could have said: "it has been fun so far"
Probably the best thing about this round are the fluid politics. With PAX's dynamic gameplay you need dynamic politics to garantuee the ultimate gaming experience we are so far enjoying.
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 22:54   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

TGV aimed their goals low this round, we wanted a top 15 round and a arena for our new format and players to mold together as a team, but there is alot of potentional in the players and we feel that with our current format is the right format. We did not have the best of starts for our alliance but we feel that the alliance is back to stay.

I guess there were simply to many newstarting alliances this round and alot of the alliances that started didnt have a clear plan for the future, but that is just a guess from my side. I as a player had a plan with both my work in APA and now in TGV. Whatever happens in round 15 is gonna be exciting, hopefully alot of new features and alot of changes. Maybe Kal could reveal some of the changes coming in round 15, it would be interesting.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 21:40   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
The weird thing, it occurs to me, is that traditional alliances like NoS and WP have had their slots filled by some unlikley alliances.
Actually, I wouldn't say it were a tradition that NoS were 'up there'. Only last round (and the early rounds as r4 i.e.). Remember we've mostly been around position #10-11 since alliance-rankings were introduced.

If that makes sense...
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 21:54   #9
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, back in the old days the winner was the one who shouted I won the loudest But it has indeed been a very interesting round so far, now with Reunion's jump to #1 it can only become all the more interesting It's a shame so many quality alliance have disbanded but also good to see the new ones come up again.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 01:24   #10
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Anyone have any idea how many of the top 17 alliances are run by newer players? Ie: Somone who joined for PAX or later?
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 09:09   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

No idea... many of them are run by people who used to play in the free rounds I think.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 11:14   #12
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn
does anyone know if ministry / tot will be playing next round ?
I can say as much as if we decide to get together again (we are just done with idling our way to victory alongside Elysium in 'thatothergame'), it wont be in thatothergame but rather here.

I can say with 80% certainty that you will not see us next round though.

(This was concerning Ministry if there was any doubt)
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 13:44   #13
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I can say as much as if we decide to get together again (we are just done with idling our way to victory alongside Elysium in 'thatothergame'), it wont be in thatothergame but rather here.

I can say with 80% certainty that you will not see us next round though.

(This was concerning Ministry if there was any doubt)

Hope ya come.
"that other game" is boring recently. pa is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 13:58   #14
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Hope ya come.
"that other game" is boring recently. pa is the way to go.

Unless we start the static block wars again, I agree.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 04:28   #15
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Unless we start the static block wars again, I agree.
even a static block war will be better than -the other game-

The game mechaincs in pa prevents a round to be over within a week.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 04:58   #16
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
even a static block war will be better than -the other game-

The game mechaincs in pa prevents a round to be over within a week.
now i remember why i stoped playing "that other game"

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 05:02   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
now i remember why i stoped playing "that other game"
I hate it. yet I play each round of it

I m weak.

Quote:
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 05:09   #18
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

bring all of the players from there to here would be great as pa isn't going stale as fast and the more planets the more diverse it gets

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 05:10   #19
Wishmaster
LDK

like 30 % of Hydra this round were 1st timers playing PA.

some liked it. some didnt. I am pretty sure we gave some new players this round.

Quote:
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 08:39   #20
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
like 30 % of Hydra this round were 1st timers playing PA.

some liked it. some didnt. I am pretty sure we gave some new players this round.
Now that is great news. Introducing new players = Ace.

Unread 28 Aug 2005, 09:43   #21
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

yer :-)

i agree - from what i've seen so far the Hydra players are nice guys. i hope that they say the same about us ;-)

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 16:29   #22
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
yer :-)

i agree - from what i've seen so far the Hydra players are nice guys. i hope that they say the same about us ;-)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 11:46   #23
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Did I manage to get activity out of my troops you ask. Well yes and no. Activity in F-Crew is as good as its been for a very long time but in most other alliances it wouldnt probally still be considered lacking. It is however something which you have to prepare yourself for if you are running an alliance that focuses on taking players whom wouldnt get a chance elsewhere. What has allowed us to really excel during the second half of last round and carry it on this round is that we understand our weakness and look to offset them. For example while many in our situation would be sitting there, hitting weak targets and just waiting for the defence calls, we embrace the attacking nature of the game now. We shoose targets that others would shy away from, we encourage our members to attack larger planets then themselves and we reap the rewards. Certainly from a moral pov it pays off, the problem that alliance like us had in old PA was it was all about value, you had to defend your roids and ships but defending everything is nigh on impossible. And even when you do defend, these missions would normall end in some kind of loss. The very nature of the game was one that just knocked smaller people down constantly and eroded their moral. Now while losing roids is still very annoying its alot harder to get depressed when you have just taken a bunch of roids off someone twice your size for XP gains that vastly outweigh any lost score for losing roids. Its very hard to actually end the day on negatives if your not just sitting back and taking the bashings and as such your not constantly falliing hundreds of places in rank every day.

If more of the were to show some more guts and look to use things like their small value to their advantage I think we would see a much closer game than we are even seeing now. If you can get your members over the initial fright of attacking bigger which is actually easier with green players than the vetrans you can acheive more than you expected no matter what your playerbase is made up of.

As for did we expect the position we are in, I would love to say yes but tbh no we didnt. We did believe we could give APA a run for its money and the same with VgN based on last round but I wasnt expecting any of these to be seriously challenging for anything above 10th, in fact I was expecting us to end up lining up in either 10/11/12th or 11/12/13th by the end
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 29 Aug 2005 at 11:52.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:09   #24
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

You've done superbly.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 19:56   #25
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Indeed a game very well played F-crew
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 22:44   #26
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Good thread, but just want to correct you on one point - NewDawn was not close to disbanding, there was never any talk of ND disbanding.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 23:45   #27
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Veneratio had a lot of new (post-PaX) people, but sadly they've now disbanded. Hopefully we (and HR) have been able to provide them with a decent home.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 00:38   #28
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Good thread, but just want to correct you on one point - NewDawn was not close to disbanding, there was never any talk of ND disbanding.

I think you'll find there was.

See Gate, your fellow HC for more info.

There is sufficient unofficial talk withing the playerbase to express such a concern. Gate mightve said it in passing, if that is the case, i apologise fully.

Last edited by Virall; 30 Aug 2005 at 00:47.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 01:37   #29
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:

Yes we are indeed quite happy where we are standing right now. We didn't have any expectations from this round but to get a solid member- and officerbase for the upcoming rounds - it is working pretty well.
Of course it's not all bright here - we had a pretty tough start and had to go through all the up- and downsides heavy recruitment like we did brings with it. The constant drops on the avg when another late starter signs in - the broad smile you have in your face when some of those ppl are Top-attackers/defenders a few weeks later.
All in all this has been one of my favourite rounds of Planetarion so far - not because of my score (which sucks again :P ) but because the building of an alliance has challenged me (and I guess everyone else working on it) in a way a regular round couldn't ever have.
I wanna thank the great team that made it possible that xVx is what and where it is now.
For the rest of the round I hope we can challenge F-Crew on their 6th position (still a bit strange feeling talking about this alliance/rank-combination )