User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:00   #1
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
grey pea's and bacon

I have lived in dudley and surounding area for all but 2 years of my last 14 years. Yet I have allowed my f to cook tonight and her choice is a local delicacy called grey pea's (pronounced gray pays).

Now I would not be conce3rned but she has asked me to watch over the peas in gravy, which incidentally are not grey just to confuse things, but infact brown.

I am scared as it loks vile

Its the last time i let my gf cook i think.....

anyone ever heard of them? Anyone eer tried them? 2 hours before she comes home and i am getting scared....
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:02   #2
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Re: grey pea's and bacon

/me gets an odd feeling in his stomac from thinking about it

get better takeout ffs

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:02   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought it was pronounced "gray pees".
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:04   #4
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I thought it was pronounced "gray pees".
nah

dudloi peopol spake lioke this lioke

so gray pays is correct
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:04   #5
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

[19:57] <Rumad> its brown peas
[19:57] <Rumad> in a brown liquor which she calls gravy
[19:57] <Rumad> it lookings puketastic

sounds ....... erm..... well lovely?

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:06   #6
Doorsdown

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

/me isn't sure which would be worse

looking at it
or
eating it

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:07   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Peas are normally quite edible, but gravy doesn't belong on vegetables, only on meat and potatoes
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:08   #8
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
/me isn't sure which would be worse

looking at it
or
eating it
looking. at it is bad enough

i am gettiung hives over the thought of eating it :/
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:09   #9
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Peas are normally quite edible, but gravy doesn't belong on vegetables, only on meat and potatoes
peas aren't normally dark brown and soaked for 2 days in water prior to cooking.

Trust me this is one local delicacy i think i should avoid :/
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:12   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Shit into the mixture. Sure, it'll be tough to eat through, but it won't get any worse for you, and she'll be convinced never to cook again. A small investment with great returns!
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:14   #11
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Shit into the mixture. Sure, it'll be tough to eat through, but it won't get any worse for you, and she'll be convinced never to cook again. A small investment with great returns!
i dunno faecies sucking seems a bit extreme. AT worst i can use the peas to poison the dog i guess....
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:18   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
i dunno faecies sucking seems a bit extreme.
True. What if she likes it?
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 21:28   #13
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
True. What if she likes it?
she isn'tshe likes my spicey sausage though
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 22:40   #14
Rumad
th0ng gimp

ok update - it wasn't too bad if a bit bland - a pea staple which is a bit like a dial with crispy bacon.

A bit bland but not totally unappetising.

on a side note grey pea's have been served since the middle ages.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 22:49   #15
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As a fellow resident of "Dudley and surrounding area" I have indeed heard of "gray pays". You'd never get me near the stuff though.

I thought the whole point was to perpetuate the myth that we eat this kind of shit so that we can laugh when the tourists have some.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 22:57   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Skip the bacon, get some more vegetabales, and be happy!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 01:27   #17
Doorsdown

Quote:

or so we hope!!!

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 04:06   #18
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad

on a side note grey pea's have been served since the middle ages.
I've never heard of them and I've lived here my entire life.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 04:08   #19
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

tourists? Dudley?
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 04:49   #20
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
tourists? Dudley?
beardy real-ale historical types who get off on industrial heritage and canals and olden-day food like Rumad's dinner
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote