User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 May 2003, 06:36   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
you know you're a canadian when...

1. You're not offended by the term "HOMO MILK".

2. You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

3. You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

4. You drink Pop, not Soda.

5. You know what a Mickey and 2-4 mean

6. You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars and no Americans.

7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.

8. You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

9. You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

10. You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.

11. You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

12. You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion & many more, are Canadians.

13. You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!

14. You know what a touque is.

15. You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed" not "Zee"

17. Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages,but requires 6 pages for hockey.

18. You know that the four seasons mean: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road work.

19. You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day.

20. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.

21. You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan". (Sas-Kat-chew-wan)

22. You perk up when you hear the theme song from 'Hockey Night in Canada'.

23. You were in grade 12, not the 12th grade.

24. "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite than,"Huh?"

25. You actually understand these jokes!

ok so some (most) of you won't get these.. but i found them hilarious! :\
Unread 26 May 2003, 06:41   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: you know you're a canadian when...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
3. You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

4. You drink Pop, not Soda.

7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.

16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed" not "Zee"
Stop stealing things about being english!

ps.

12. You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion & many more, are Canadians.

Strange things to brag about.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 06:59   #3
Piggums
Superhero

Piggums is an unknown quantity at this point
well i live in canada and i pronouce "z" "zed"
why pronouce it "zee", thats what "C" is there for
pronouncing two letters the same way kinda contradicts the point of having the alphabets
/me shrugs
Piggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 07:17   #4
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Piggums
pronouncing two letters the same way kinda contradicts the point of having the alphabets
/me shrugs
'C' = "See", not "Zee".
Unread 26 May 2003, 08:09   #5
Rhumsaa
Radish

Rhumsaa is on a distinguished road
I would have thought living in canada/having a canadian passport would be abetter way of knowing you're canadian
Unread 26 May 2003, 08:16   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Not everybody owns a passport. Nor do all Canadians live in Canada.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 09:41   #7
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Quote:
/me shrugs
I always thought they pronounced it 'Zee' so it would rhyme with the alphabet song!
Unread 26 May 2003, 09:50   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
I always thought they pronounced it 'Zee' so it would rhyme with the alphabet song!
no, it's simply because they can't speak properly.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 10:33   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i want poutine ((((((( Chips in a gravy and cheesey sort of sauce am i right?

Sounds like id have a staple diet in canada.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 10:43   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
21. You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan". (Sas-Kat-chew-wan)
What's so hard about spelling Saskatchewan?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 15:43   #11
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
/me shrugs

tis americans who pronounce it 'zee' isn't it?
Unread 26 May 2003, 19:01   #12
Anu
Kontrè*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: you know you're a canadian when...

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Strange things to brag about.
not to americans
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 19:03   #13
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: you know you're a canadian when..

1. Everyone hates you.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 19:09   #14
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
17. Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages,but requires 6 pages for hockey.
I found this one funny, if it's true.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 19:31   #15
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
fun
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 20:54   #16
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jim Carrey is a genius
Unread 26 May 2003, 20:57   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: you know you're a canadian when...

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
Jim Carrey is a genius
So's Roger Penrose.

I suspect Roger Penrose more than Jim Carrey.
Unread 26 May 2003, 22:04   #18
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Quote:

And Alanis Morisette, Avril Lavigne, Mike Myers, William Shatner, James Doohan, Dan Akroyd, Donald Sutherland, Eugene Levy, John Candy, Pamela Anderson, Natasha Henstridge, Neve Campbell, Kieffer Sutherland, Michael J Fox, Brendan Fraser, Michael Ironside, Carrie-Ann Moss and Keanu Reeves (All Canadian Matrix), Howie Mandel (we are very sorry), Leslie Nielsen, Matthew Perry, Paul Schaeffer,Christpher Plumber, Martin Short, Jason Priestly...

To name a few...

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 22:06   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'm english!
Unread 26 May 2003, 22:23   #20
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
I'm english!
lucky us.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 May 2003, 22:29   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You should be honoured.
Unread 26 May 2003, 22:30   #22
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
You should be honoured.
I am.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 22:40   #23
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
William Shatner
oh wow...
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:02   #24
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
26. Your basic diet is some crappy pasta with a weak, cheese-flavoured sauce that to anyone with more than three tastebuds, is about as appetising as having your food served with a side salad of ****roaches.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 01:39   #25
Aryn
Happy

i forgot to mention that i got this in an email so no i didn't make it up myself (i think most people here already know i'm not quite that witty :\)

and DM it's called KRAFT DINNER!
Unread 27 May 2003, 01:42   #26
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
22 out of 25.

Does that make me 22 twentyfifths Canadian?
Unread 27 May 2003, 02:00   #27
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
no, it's simply because they can't speak properly.

no its because were not lazy ****wits who have to shorten words because there too long for simple minded americans to deal with
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:38   #28
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
if the yanks are going to speak our language you'd have thought that they would have the common courtesy to actually speak it correctly instead of changing it around to suit themselves. i suppose that's what you get for 'independance'
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:45   #29
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Not everybody owns a passport. Nor do all Canadians live in Canada.
And not everyone living in Canada is a Canadian.
sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:48   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_G
no its because we're not lazy ****wits who have to shorten words because they're too long for simple minded americans to deal with
you haven't disagreed with me, you have just justified my point.

oh I corrected your spelling and grammar for you.

Unread 27 May 2003, 15:50   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
you haven't disagreed with me, you have just justified my point.

oh I corrected your spelling and grammar for you.
Add a capital N, a comma after 'no' and a full stop.
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:53   #32
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
And remove the censorship!
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:54   #33
Radical Edward

Quote:
Add a capital N, a comma after 'no' and a full stop.
Capital A on Americans too... I let people get away with these though out of kindness.

Unread 27 May 2003, 15:56   #34
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
22 out of 25.

Does that make me 22 twentyfifths Canadian?
No, 88%.

LOLLYROFLANDETCETERA
Unread 27 May 2003, 19:51   #35
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
(6 - But wasn't planning on holidaying there, haven't heard anything about it.)
(8 - I don't drive.)
(21 - Can pronounce it, even though I don't recognize the word from anywhere. Spelt with a c instead of k.)
(24 - Would probably be spelt more like &Atilde;h.)

Are all conditions capable of Canadialization, or only if all conditions have to be met? Or a certain percentage? Would I retain my original citizenship(s)?
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:33   #36
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
you know you're canadian (or asian) when....

.... you're infected with SARS
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 23:35   #37
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp

(24 - Would probably be spelt more like &Atilde;h.)

Are all conditions capable of Canadialization, or only if all conditions have to be met? Or a certain percentage? Would I retain my original citizenship(s)?
just for that you can never be a canadian

EH!?
Unread 28 May 2003, 00:43   #38
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
i dont wanna sound stupid or anything, but surely you know after you've been living in canada for a while...
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 May 2003, 01:48   #39
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

2/3 of them apply to me. What are the odds, eh?
Unread 28 May 2003, 02:03   #40
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
"You might be..if.." lists are soooo '90s...and American. (REDNECK NO LESS)
Unread 28 May 2003, 03:25   #41
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
"You might be..if.." lists are soooo '90s...and American. (REDNECK NO LESS)
DON'T BE HATEIN'!

90's were the best time...so far
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 10:12   #42
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
99. The dutch have songs about you.

"Trees heeft een Canadees"

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote