User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:05   #1
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Stupid allies....

....are already at it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2871077.stm

I bet it was an American flying the copter. A war for America without killing their allies isnt a war!
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:07   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
yeap... I bet the "number of british dead" > "number of Iraqi dead" right about now.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:07   #3
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It was, but that doesn't mean a Brit would have done any better.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:07   #4
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Re: Stupid allies....

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
....are already at it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2871077.stm

I bet it was an American flying the copter. A war for America without killing their allies isnt a war!
oh come on now. Mechanical failure in a desert environment happens.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:08   #5
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Other British troops helped US soldiers secure oilfields to the west of the southern port city of Basra.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:12   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
yeap... I bet the "number of british dead" > "number of Iraqi dead" right about now.
Sorry it's early and I didn't get much sleep. But this is a joke right?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:28   #7
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Sorry it's early and I didn't get much sleep. But this is a joke right?
But probably true !!
So far, I've only heard of four Iqaqi troops killed at al-Faw.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:31   #8
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
But probably true !!
So far, I've only heard of four Iqaqi troops killed at al-Faw.
3 killed by 3rd ID prior to officially crossing the border, 5-7 vehicles destroyed by 7th Cav, and god knows how many by SOG's.

So 4 Americans and 12 brits in a crash, and roughly 19 or more dead Iraqis..

Rather anti-climactic start tbh.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:34   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sky News reported the first "Friendly Fire" casualties earlier.

Though details have not yet been released, how many people would like to bet that , despite the numbers being so overwhelmingly in favour of it being an american soldier, that when the report is released , it turns out to be a Brit , An Aussie , etc etc.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:39   #10
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Sky News reported the first "Friendly Fire" casualties earlier.
nothing on CNN or BBC yet.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:51   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
nothing on CNN or BBC yet.
According to Colin Powell, the war effort is "85% American".

Any bets the casualties will not be 85% American?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:53   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:

I say the spoils of war will be devided along the lines of Colins statement.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:54   #13
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:

Only if the brits keep missing.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:55   #14
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Another thing about stoopid allies.......
Last night i was watching the rehearsal for a chemical attack on TV, in which, large groups of troops were taking cover in foxholes in the desert.
Why then, were all the troops wearing Jungle camouflage gear or jungle camouflaged NBC suits, and not desert gear?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:56   #15
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Another thing about stoopid allies.......
Last night i was watching the rehearsal for a chemical attack on TV, in which, large groups of troops were taking cover in foxholes in the desert.
Why then, were all the troops wearing Jungle camouflage gear or jungle camouflaged NBC suits, and not desert gear?
They don't make desert colored NBC suits as far as I know. Silly, isn't it?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 10:08   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Rather anti-climactic start tbh.
Let's hope things stay anti-climactic.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 10:11   #17
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Let's hope things stay anti-climactic.
I'm rather with you on that one.

While the "Shock and Awe" plan is rather impressive, 800 cruise missiles inside of 2 days is a whole hell of a lot of damage. Even precision bombs miss their intended target.

I'm rather hoping for one or two minor skirmishes, a mass surrender, and one of saddam's lackeys taking him out to try and currey some mercy.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 10:17   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Only if the brits keep missing.
Statements like this are the precise reason the world hates americans.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 10:23   #19
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Sentiments like this are the exact reason why Americans keep making said statements.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 10:24   #20
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Ah right, and i was supposed to answer an obviously uneducated post with a serious response?

Casualties stay within "acceptable" limits, Coalition lethality has created an environment where not only are hostile casualties reduced (causing frat casualties to stick out) but increased the actual kill-ratio on friendly-fire engagements.

The problem isn't that US troops are poorly trained, but rather they don't miss very often. This is a very old conversation and I'm tired of repeating myself to armchair soldiers that think they have it all figured out.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 10:27   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You can't apply statistics to very small samples, such as the number of friendly fire casualties.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you don't have any mathematics to back you up.

[edit]

Yes, I do know about the Poisson Distribution.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 21 Mar 2003 at 10:38.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 10:36   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Ah right, and i was supposed to answer an obviously uneducated post with a serious response?

Casualties stay within "acceptable" limits, Coalition lethality has created an environment where not only are hostile casualties reduced (causing frat casualties to stick out) but increased the actual kill-ratio on friendly-fire engagements.

The problem isn't that US troops are poorly trained, but rather they don't miss very often. This is a very old conversation and I'm tired of repeating myself to armchair soldiers that think they have it all figured out.
Listen to her!
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 14:56   #23
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
you should have also asked why he thought British troops would be firing at Americans
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 15:01   #24
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:

I dont get what your saying. The Americans are aiming at their allies thats why there are so many "friendly" kills ?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:31   #25
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
I dont get what your saying. The Americans are aiming at their allies thats why there are so many "friendly" kills ?
No, he is saying that the Americans (and Brits/Ausies) Aim at what they percieve to be Hostiles. The problem is caused by failure of recognition, not deliberately hostile action on allied soldiers.

To blame American soldiers for all Blue on Blue incidents is incorrect.

There were quite a number of Blue on Blue's in the Falklands, and all those were British Military.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:32   #26
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
actually i think the americans and british are a bunch of pussies, yes you read me, they're a bunch of scarsy pussy cats.

Apparently the Royal marines encountered initial 'stiff resistance' when pressed on the matter the reporter admitted that there was a 10 min fire fight then the iraqis surrendered. 10 mins!!!! even i could fcking fight for 10 mins without calling it stiff resistance.

And an american armor column entered iraq, met with small arms fire, then retreated. FFS man, not like tanks or anything just someone firiing a gun at their armoured personell carriers or whatever, run over the FCKER.

If i were there id have won the war already!!! single handedly with only a dessert spoon. I finished Ghost Recon, in like 3 hrs.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:35   #27
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
actually i think the americans and british are a bunch of pussies, yes you read me, they're a bunch of scarsy pussy cats.

Apparently the Royal marines encountered initial 'stiff resistance' when pressed on the matter the reporter admitted that there was a 10 min fire fight then the iraqis surrendered. 10 mins!!!! even i could fcking fight for 10 mins without calling it stiff resistance.

And an american armor column entered iraq, met with small arms fire, then retreated. FFS man, not like tanks or anything just someone firiing a gun at their armoured personell carriers or whatever, run over the FCKER.

If i were there id have won the war already!!! single handedly with only a dessert spoon. I finished Ghost Recon, in like 3 hrs.
Yes of course you could, there there dear, now take your medicine and lie down in a darkened room just like the nice man told you.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:36   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

fckin A... you go whoop em some. remember you lose 10 points per dead civvie.

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:39   #29
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
fckin A... you go whoop em some. remember you lose 10 points per dead civvie.
Do highly respected members of a foreign culture count as civvies?

No racism please. Even in jest

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 21 Mar 2003 at 17:18.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:49   #30
Radical Edward

not according to Bush.

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 18:24   #31
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
I finished Ghost Recon, in like 3 hrs.
Remember, Ghost Recon is set about 5yrs in the future, and you have a snazzy sensor telling you where the bad guys are. Real life is a bit more complex.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 18:29   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
But probably true !! So far, I've only heard of four Iqaqi troops killed at al-Faw.
We don't hear about the full extent of Iraqi casualties.

This is not because of some massive conspiracy but simply :

i) The Iraqi's don't phone us up and tell us how many people a bomb has just killed, whereas we know exactly how many of our people are dead.

ii) It's difficult to gague how many people are killed if we lob a few dozen missiles at a major city.

iii) The news media, even if they heard about x Iraqi's dying aren't going to perceive that the public are going to be as interested as "our boys" dying.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 18:33   #33
Judge
Doh!

iv) The news about iraqi deaths is being limited by the Allies as they dont want the public to think they are being targeted.

Propoganda is a weapon much like any other.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:03   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Propoganda is a weapon much like any other.
I agree totally but if I said that I'd be accused of being a paranoid commie nut.

Although as always the government is unhappy with the way the BBC are covering the war. Shock, horror.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:35   #35
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
I agree totally but if I said that I'd be accused of being a paranoid commie nut.
BUT YOU ARE!@ :P

Quote:
Although as always the government is unhappy with the way the BBC are covering the war. Shock, horror.
governments are never happy with how things get reported. The first casualties are reporting in though and the BBC hasn't mentioned it on their website.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:48   #36
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
watch the pro war/american people monitor every thread as if their life depended on it to disturb sensible discussion and bite other peoples heads off if they say something nasty.

Its quite entertaining, I bet you all use auto refresh so you have one more hand free to eat burgers with.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 20:08   #37
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
pff

Pizza Hut CinnaSticks fyi.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 04:32   #38
Judge
Doh!

Quote:

The Governmant are never happy with the way the BBC reports news.

Despite the often laid accusations, the BBC is an independant Company and not the Propoganda arm of the UK Government, although sometimes the Politicians like to try and feed us any old bull crap by using the BBC.
Usually they end up looking extremly stupid, which is not difficult when you consider most of them are stupid.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 04:58   #39
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
snip
...although sometimes the Politicians like to try and feed us any old bull crap by using the BBC.
Usually they end up looking extremly stupid, which is not difficult when you consider most of them are stupid.
If you are so intelligent, why are you posting on this board instead of helping to run your government?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 06:14   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
If you are so intelligent, why are you posting on this board instead of helping to run your government?
1. Those two events are not mutually exclusive.

2. The UK is not a meritocracy.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote