User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Nov 2002, 12:40   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Filesharing havoc in Norway?

I just read that those who used p2p filesharing in Norway got billed.

Bigtime, so to speak.

Anyone heard anything about it?
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 12:44   #2
RiCo

I'm Norwegian and I can say you are misinformed.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 12:45   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
How did you hear they were billed?

(Thats the method of billing i'm asking for, not a description of how your ears/eyes work. )
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 12:53   #4
Ğiscorporation

Denmark, Xtrasyn
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 12:59   #5
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ĞiSCoRPoRaTioN
Denmark, Xtrasyn
Translation plz

Or a site which translates stuff if possible
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 13:00   #6
ZyrKx
sexier than you

ZyrKx is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/28286.html

HTH HAND
Without a tear I draw my parting groan
ZyrKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 13:02   #7
Ğiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks

Translation plz

Or a site which translates stuff if possible
Learn to read dutch ffs!and no. The link only brings up a danish site =\
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 13:03   #8
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
The Best thing for kazaa is to search for CV.doc in documents

and other things like the default start for DIgicam photos

THE FUN OF PEOPLE SHARING THEIR WHOLE C DRIVE OR MY DOCUMENTS DIRECTORY

ooh ooh

Should i install kazaa at work and share out the whole of BT's Network???

No.
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 13:41   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Denmark then... >

Whatever

I think it's bad that they crack down on those who actually share stuff
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 17:44   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
That made me clear out my shared folder.
But how can THEY go to case? Should not the artists or labels go to case? Beacause, most off the files i share(shared) are files from bands/groups that ENCOURAGE sharing/burning/stealing off their music. (real "head" music, )

So, can a organization just go to case against people? And how do you hide your ip on KaZa? (Beacause i hate the wankers that dont share, and i dont want to become one myself!!)
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 18:36   #11
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
An odd-sounding article on the same site...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/28263.html
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 19:09   #12
Ğiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp
An odd-sounding article on the same site...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/28263.html
Fiend!
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 19:54   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Im norwegian and I havent been billed But danish people who used KaZaa have been billed from 1500-100000KR(10k $)
Anyways...if I get such a bill...no hell if I pay it ^^
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 21:17   #14
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

That will depend on your legal fee expense
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 21:18   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Panic on the streets of Oslo
Pannic on the streets of Copenhagen

I wonder to myself.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 22:08   #16
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
They deserve it for using Kazaa
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 07:09   #17
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
They deserve it for using Kazaa
ha ha

true
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 16:52   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I dread the day that the Norwegian goverment tries to tax kaza downloads. And its probably coming soon!

****ing **** capitalist *******s that they are!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 16:54   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
I dread the day that the Norwegian goverment tries to tax kaza downloads. And its probably coming soon!
King Harald is out to get you.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:34   #20
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
According to the Reg article these ppl were sent fines, amounting to $60 per illegal movie and $16 per album of music.

I reckon:

a) they have only attacked the largest file sharers with the most bandwidth - hence the whopping $14000+ fines - if your stupid enough to share that many movies / tunes at once then its very likely you'll be caught out - especially those 24/7 P2P supernodes.

and

b) its still going to be hard to prove (as the Reg also states) that the aforementioned files being fined for were in fact the content they allegedly have. Chances are that said users will be using large electronic magnets on their PCs right about now.

For a start - it is likely that searches that other people have made will float thru your systems (I've packet sniffed traffic from Gnucleus and Kazaa and have seen words and search patterns in the data for things I havent even got the slightest interest in - obviously other users searches etc..). With that in mind, how can anyone prove that I received the file? and not just the filename?

Its interesting that the ISP's would give out the information to the authorities - only to get large bandwidth hoggers off their networks I bet. ISP's I know of wont go to fantastic lengths to log and trace users - unless its in their interests.

I'd wait and see if they actually end up paying the fines.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:49   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I just read it on www.tweakers.net . I find it incredible that they can pull this off.... Can they just walk into your house and say "gimme your computer so I can see what you share!" ?

I also read that OFFERING the files for download is illegal. Owning/Downloading them is NOT (which is an European electronics law).
So when you disable sharing in KaZaa lite you are safe

The fines were according to tweakers.net $8 for an album, $27 for a movie and $40 for a game. These fines will get doubled as compensation.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:47   #22
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

It's lame.

Even without the kazaa-liek networks, electronic bootleg distribution will continue and increase to grow. The sad thing is, that if they would totally abolish downloading media, the ones that will make more profit are street corner DVD dealers and script kid consortiums, and not the musicians.

If only that simple fact would settle in their stupid brains. I thought the world was focused on destroying terrorism instead of providing new means to fund them.