User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 May 2003, 23:24   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Question What martial art did you or do you do?

It recently became apparent to me that every fker and their mother has at some point in their life tried a martial art. Most, I suspect, actually went to class once and just looked on while others did the martial art and then suddenly became a black belt in said art.

Anyway, what martial art did you do or do you do now?

I did ninjutsu and Judo. Im thinking about starting Kickboxing next week
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:25   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Karate for a while , considering doing Ju Jitsu here, as Jenny has recommended a good teacher.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:27   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I did judo for about a year, but I needed to be more committed to move further up the grades and didn't have the time on my hands.
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:29   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
2 years of kickboxing
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:33   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I went to Tae-Kwon-Do (or whatever) when i was kid, for two years, but then i found out that it sucked and that i sucked, so i quit.
Thinking about ninjutsu, but not sure yet, and i've not got enough time/money yet.

Besides that, i've been trained in falling properly, taking punches properly, and throwing knives properly.
Whatever for, i don't know.

The thing is, that most material artists suck in fighting "real" fights, as a real fight is very different from the rules of "normal" material arts, so im keen to learn one where i acutall learn to defend myself, not just the meditating and physical aspects.

(Actually, my mother is really good (or was) in karate or something)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:33   #6
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
i decided martial arts were **** and i d invent my own, i tried to but it never really got off the ground, but the thing is

I'D STILL 'AVE YA
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:37   #7
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
The thing is, that most material artists suck in fighting "real" fights, as a real fight is very different from the rules of "normal" material arts, so im keen to learn one where i acutall learn to defend myself, not just the meditating and physical aspects.

thats why most cagefight/k9/etc champs are kick/thai boxers
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:37   #8
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Ty-Ga for 3 years. Then I've given up at 1st Dan.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:39   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Then I suggest you seriously consider traditional ninjutsu, its all that and more.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:41   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Trying to put some weight on so I can start something next year, not sure what though, prolly Ju Jitsu, me dad did if for a few years
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:42   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A few years of judo.
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:42   #12
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
One of my friends dad's was a karate teacher so I learnt from him, but not much and not for long.

I'll still ultra 1337. I have good balance and co-ordination and power I just need to focus it somewhere.

So, when i go to uni, i'm going to join something and do something.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:57   #13
Sturge
capture the b34r

Sturge is an unknown quantity at this point
5 years of Lau Gar Kung Fu
1 year of boxing (if that counts?)
Sturge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:02   #14
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Martial arts are pointless. Nobody respects the rules of Tai Hago Mitisigiragi in a real fight, and if you tried to use any of those poncey moves in one you'd bet battered.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:08   #15
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Still doing Shotokan Karate, and have been for 5 years now.
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:15   #16
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Still doing Shotokan Karate, and have been for 5 years now.
You have actually the best nick on these forums.
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:22   #17
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Martial arts are pointless. Nobody respects the rules of Tai Hago Mitisigiragi in a real fight, and if you tried to use any of those poncey moves in one you'd bet battered.
yeh and whoever said about cage fights thats utter bull**** the grapplers always win the fights
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:28   #18
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Cross country for 3 years, who needs to fight when you can ****ing run?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:37   #19
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Some Judo and some Go.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 01:16   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Ju-jitsu for a while, tried judo and wrestling (2-3 classes each), and we got some nice classes in unarmed combat in the army. Currently 8kyu in Go ({{queball}}), and yes, I run. Designed my own kata too, if it can be called that.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
That's like saying learning Newtons laws is useless since objects with a velocity doesn't exactly obbey them.
Unread 30 May 2003, 06:25   #21
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Five minute chess.

(And "karate" for a day, and "self defence", but I stopped because they were just playing football, which doesn't have anything to do with self defence.)
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 06:30   #22
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Shotokan karate for about 3 weeks

Then I came to the conclusion that a kick in the balls or a heel to the instep was just as effective
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 06:33   #23
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Myself and my brother used to do Ju-Jitsu but we both packed it in when he joined the army.
Unread 30 May 2003, 06:39   #24
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Wing Chun, Aikido, Ju Jitsu and Jeet Kune Do, plus a couple of lessons of Judo, Kendo and Karate (though the Jeet Kune Do is really a mess around with WuShu, and not really Wing Chun plus additions like Bruce Lee did, still I am integrating the stuff I have already done into it)

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 06:41   #25
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
It depends on the art. Personally I find Wing Chun highly effective, since the aim is to get so close in that few people can come up with an effective attack. plus all Wing chun attacks tend to be a tad on the lethal side anyway (seen the three inch punch? sadly I can't do it, but it roxor y00r box0r)

Unread 30 May 2003, 07:41   #26
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
I even forgot my pet peeve:
Why martial art is constantly used for unarmed martial art, or at a minimum martial arts of historic weapons only. I can shoot consistently good with a G3 or MP5, and absolutely rock with the MG3, and all of that, plus other battlefield skills, count as martial arts as far as I'm concerned.
Unread 30 May 2003, 07:49   #27
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by W
I even forgot my pet peeve:
Why martial art is constantly used for unarmed martial art, or at a minimum martial arts of historic weapons only. I can shoot consistently good with a G3 or MP5, and absolutely rock with the MG3, and all of that, plus other battlefield skills, count as martial arts as far as I'm concerned.
Just language I guess. I am sure I heard someone referring to some shooting competition as a modern day martial art... though I could be mistaken, or have just heard someone with the same pet peeve as you.

I just thought, the "art" thing could have something to do with it.. many "martial arts" require alot of skill and do actually look quite artistic. shooting a gun doesn't require the same amount of skill.

Unread 30 May 2003, 08:49   #28
Pi-air
hurr!

Pi-air will become famous soon enoughPi-air will become famous soon enough
Kickboxing & Aikido (+ Krav Maga for the sheer novelty)
Pi-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 08:50   #29
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The fighting art of "the street"

fear me.
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:04   #30
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Aikido. Some four and a half years now. Going for my 1st Dan likely in the winter. At least my sensei's pushing me into it.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:06   #31
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Aikido for a couple of years, the concepts are nice but in practice useless.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:09   #32
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
5 years of Taijitsu

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:21   #33
DrNick
Land Based Biped

DrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these partsDrNick is infamous around these parts
Karate when i was a kid and Wing Chun (kungFu) when i was a teenager.
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:28   #34
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Pi-air
Kickboxing & Aikido (+ Krav Maga for the sheer novelty)

twat, you got there before i could say krav maga
not that you can actually do it over here, i was just going to say it for comedy value
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:35   #35
Radical Edward

I want to do drunken boxing actually :P looks cool.

Unread 30 May 2003, 09:38   #36
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I'd kick the ass of each and every one of you lot while you're poncing about with your stances.

Because I'm smarter than you.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 09:57   #37
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
SERIOUS martial arts...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 10:20   #38
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
SERIOUS martial arts...
Exactly.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 30 May 2003, 10:26   #39
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I'd kick the ass of each and every one of you lot while you're poncing about with your stances.

Because I'm smarter than you.

M.
stances are just for strength, no-one with a brain would use them in a fight.

Unread 30 May 2003, 10:34   #40
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
stances are just for strength, no-one with a brain would use them in a fight.
But people do try to

Gimme a plank and some big boots... I'll take any of you toga-wearing nonces!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 30 May 2003, 11:10   #41
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
But people do try to

Gimme a plank and some big boots... I'll take any of you toga-wearing nonces!

M.
note the "with a brain" part. actually stances should be used in a fight, but only after you have concussed the opponent. It looks cool then.

fights are always over before they have even started.

Unread 30 May 2003, 11:22   #42
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i cant access that like on this work server
Unread 30 May 2003, 11:33   #43
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
I didn't need matial arts training to be a true champion, you see when I was a young lad, I was flying over Brazil when my plane was struck by lightning, oddly this didn't lead to my firey death but instead made my skin turn green, my hair orange and ever since then I've been a kick arse fighter, go figure.
I had a similar experience I think. But damn, these retractable metal claws hurt - at least I heal really quickly!

Erm, for what it's worth I did actually do Muay Thai and Kickboxing.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 30 May 2003, 12:14   #44
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Judo for a while.

If any bugger knows of somewhere that teaches Sambo, I'd be muchly appreciative.

ta.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:40   #45
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
You have actually the best nick on these forums.
I hate the League of Gentlemen .
Unread 30 May 2003, 17:46   #46
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
I did White Crane Kung fu for about 6 months a decade ago, long enough to learn that I suck at White Crane kung fu.

However, I have been involved in two martial arts which are both very practical and effective, and very useful in any potential conflict. I have been studying Muai Thai for several years, and I have been playing Rugby for half a decade.

Muai Thai teaches you to hit people with 8 different limbs.
Ruby teaches you to get hit and keep moving... as well as the useful skill of hitting people when the ref is not looking.

Wonderful combination.

Oh, and I also had a six-week unarmed combat training course when i started my current job a couple years back, but it was actually surprisingly basic.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 17:53   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Ruby teaches you to get hit and keep moving... as well as the useful skill of hitting people when the ref is not looking.

I only thought I had four limbs. Unless you're hitting people who actually have eight limbs....which is a tad more confusing to be honest. Rugby is a great game for finding out how the universe really works ))) What position you play? I've been playing wing-forward for about eight years now.
Unread 30 May 2003, 17:54   #48
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Hey! Leave the freaks alone.

Edit: ****ing jonny
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 18:05   #49
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

he's talking about 2 feets, 2 fists, 2 knees and 2 elbows I guess
Unread 30 May 2003, 18:07   #50
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
kama-sutra

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote