User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Apr 2003, 16:17   #1
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Typing Speed

I've just applied for a job, and the dude on the phone asked what my typing speed. Problem is, So can anyone suggest a program which can check my typing speed or something similar so I can get a rough idea?

ta
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 16:19   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
yes, yes i can

(goes to find link)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 16:20   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
http://www.typingtest.com/

do it for a few minutes not just one

oh and before people complain i have no idea how accurate/good this is, if you have a better one post it, otherwise shush
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 16:22   #4
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i can't remember which online test i tried.. maybe it was the one rag suggested.

go to google and search for 'online typing speed tests' or something similar.

last i checked i was at 74 wpm.. though this was on the school's typing program so i dunno how good the online ones are.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 16:30   #5
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
every typing test i do i seem to get slower

the first one i did i was around 90wpm over 3 minutes, and around 80 over 10 minutes

then the next one it was about 75, then the next one 65 (in my defence the keyboard was awful!)

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:40   #6
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
every typing test i do i seem to get slower

the first one i did i was around 90wpm over 3 minutes, and around 80 over 10 minutes

then the next one it was about 75, then the next one 65 (in my defence the keyboard was awful!)
In my defence I dont type.

I am crap, I poke around with a couple of fingers and loosely call it typing.

Tripe-ing would be nearer the mark.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 17:58   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
38 WPM....
And yes, for me that was fast.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 19:04   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I need to do one.

Is there a Finnish version?
I'd hate to do the English one because you tarts are natives... Oh, ****, I'll do the English one then (yes, Finnish has A LOT longer words and no crappy, unnecessary ****e between words [for instance, THE, A, AT, ON, OF], we just lenghten our words if we need to add something).
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 19:19   #9
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
45 words per minutzen
how come this aryn chick does as much as 75?
its unhumane
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:37   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
76wpm at 95% accuracy.

Although several errors were caused by the special character insertion function of the keyboard, which didn't seem to work properly with the typing test thing.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 20:40   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
63WPM over 3 minutes
96% accuracy
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 21:17   #12
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
76wpm at 95% accuracy.

Although several errors were caused by the special character insertion function of the keyboard, which didn't seem to work properly with the typing test thing.
i can't stand making mistakes
i backspace and fix them before i go on. so i think i've got like 98% accuracy cause sometimes i spell the as 'teh' and i don't bother to fix it :\

my teacher threatened to turn the backspace funtion off (in this program you could).. i begged her not to :P

and muslim: this aryn chick can type at 75 wmp cause she's a computer geek who talks too much on irc.. and was forced to take a typing program at school.. which reinforced my skills and helped me type faster :P
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:38   #13
fdm2907
Banned

fdm2907 can only hope to improve
71 wpm

91% accuracy

mainly because the damn program counted my 'space dot space' as a word, meaning i was typing the following words in the wrong order, one behind
fdm2907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:39   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by fdm2907
71 wpm
more like 1 post per 30 seconds.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:41   #15
fdm2907
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
more like 1 post per 30 seconds.

oh just shut up with those spamming accusations,

I am just replying fast, with proper content.

Stop being a fag
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:42   #16
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
oh just shut up with those spamming accusations,
I have a screen full of evidence to support me.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 09:43   #17
fdm2907
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
I have a screen full of evidence to support me.
Quote:

You are all so not-here fdm2907 12 45 4 Apr 2003 10:42
by fdm2907

Typing Speed insane_in_da_membrane 15 123 4 Apr 2003 10:42
by Radical Edward

About Snurx Cmdr_Cyrax 17 130 4 Apr 2003 10:41
by fdm2907

"barring Weapons of Mass Destruction". General Geiger 9 86 4 Apr 2003 10:39
by fdm2907

Deleting history in opera Xillah 5 43 4 Apr 2003 10:38
by fdm2907

You know you've been away from the Internet too long when... Matrim 13 118 4 Apr 2003 10:35
by fdm2907

This is me JonnyBGood 26 184 4 Apr 2003 10:33
by fdm2907

finding somebody without using 192.com roadrunner_0 10 100 4 Apr 2003 10:32
by fdm2907

Place your bets. Judge 46 324 4 Apr 2003 10:23
by fdm2907

Planetarion Forums fdm2907 2 12 4 Apr 2003 10:18
by fdm2907

Music The-General 19 119 4 Apr 2003 10:16
by fdm2907
so do I. All posts are a couple of mins apart
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:04   #18
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
58 words per minute, 100% accuracy

Think their punctuation and capitalization is a little unusual... Supposed to put commas in strange places, and not put them normal places...

False advertizing:

Top 100 list is updated twice per hour, last updated on 2003.04.04 at 11:28 AM (GMT+2)

Tip: The World's Fastest Typists are using the touch typing technique, which you can also learn with the popular TypingMaster Pro typing tutor.

# Net speed WPM Accuracy Gross speed WPM Test Time Date Test Text

1 1448 98% 1468 01:00 2003-04-02 18:36 Huckleberry Finn
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:04   #19
fdm2907
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp
58 words per minute, 100% accuracy

Think their punctuation and capitalization is a little unusual... Supposed to put commas in strange places, and not put them normal places...
I hate the fact i cant go back and correct a word, which in normal circumstances one can do.
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:08   #20
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I hate the fact i cant go back and correct a word, which in normal circumstances one can do.
Agreed, used to typing quickly, but can't since the backspace key doesn't work, if I bump the space in the middle of a word... And have to stop to look at their punctuation...
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 10:11   #21
fdm2907
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp
Agreed, used to typing quickly, but can't since the backspace key doesn't work, if I bump the space in the middle of a word... And have to stop to look at their punctuation...

have u given up on 'i shall not write hte letter w anymore' ?