User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Feb 2003, 18:16   #1
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
My first Java thing

Does this work with other people's browsers?

http://geocities.com/fnorddaemon/man...andelbrot.html
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 18:17   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Yes. Haven't seen a Mandelbrot set for years
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 16:32   #3
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Good that it works on at least one other computer...

Works on my own computer in IE and Netscape.

Couldn't get it to work on one of school's computer networks, with either Opera or Konqsomethingorother, and Konqsomethingorother gave an "Error: Java executable not found". (Does that mean the entire network doesn't have anything Java-related? Wouldn't run other Java-things either.)

Got it to sort of work on another school network, didn't work with Opera, half-worked with Netscape, just a bit slow, and when zooming in, results in a superposition between the picture, and the zoomed in picture, until the zoomed in picture is drawn.

Odd...
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:33   #4
TheShadow

TheShadow is on a distinguished road
Works on my computer running IE 6.0

Nice btw
TheShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:35   #5
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
It loses it's 'fractalness' at around 23 zooms though, just in case it doesn't on yours Cyp.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 17:53   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
No luck for me with Opera (7), just shows an image placeholder thing.
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 18:26   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Line: 4
Char: 120
Error: Unterminated string constant
Code: 0
URL: <you know the url fs>

It works for me (IE 6 sp1) but I get that error, so maybe some of the stricter browsers are complaining about that.
For me I zoomed in to around 50x or so, and then it stopped rendering the image properly (so i just ended up with massive boxes of colour on the screen). Dunno if that's meant to happen or not.

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:55   #8
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Right mouse button zooms out, by the way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
It loses it's 'fractalness' at around 23 zooms though, just in case it doesn't on yours Cyp.
It only does 150 iterations, could change it to more, would just mean slower rendering. (Does lose fractalness on mine too, as expected.)

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Line: 4
Char: 120
Error: Unterminated string constant
Code: 0
URL: <you know the url fs>

It works for me (IE 6 sp1) but I get that error, so maybe some of the stricter browsers are complaining about that.
For me I zoomed in to around 50x or so, and then it stopped rendering the image properly (so i just ended up with massive boxes of colour on the screen). Dunno if that's meant to happen or not.

The error sounds like the usual error messages from geocities advertisments...

Turning into boxes of colour is probably due to using doubles. Not sure how to get around it, without making my own, more precise but slower, maths routines. 64 bit numbers (double type), and each zoom level requires an extra bit...