User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Feb 2003, 16:24   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
President Bush assasinated

What would be the outcome?

Anyway, ever since I saw that Gulf War 2 flash my mind's been racing further into the future, imagining as many possible paths that events could follow that come to mind.

Wonder what it was like to live in fear of global war when the Cold War was at its coldest.

Looks to me like things are getting colder everywhere, so I perhaps I'll get to know in not long.

Matrim
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 16:25   #2
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
bastard.

I was just about to crack open the champers.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 16:26   #3
Ğiscorporation

they'd call for a "War on Pretzels" since he'll obviously choke on one..
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 17:56   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: President Bush assasinated

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
What would be the outcome?
Dick Cheney would become President. If there was any evidence of foreign involvement, it would also trigger a large backlash of 9/11 proportions.

Look, Bush is a democratically elected leader (Florida notwithstanding). He (still) has a high approval rating. His party controls Congress. Killing him isn't going to change US foreign policy; if anything, it would only make it more entrenched.

Bush is not the problem; he is a symptom.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 17:58   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
GODDAMMIT

Stupid "what if" threads
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 18:45   #6
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the zoo idea of allfather he can be there with his the rest of his iq 0 family

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 18:47   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Yes I hoped it was true.

Anyone watch 2DTV last night?

With Bush playing basket ball inside his skull with his peanut sized brain!

I LMAOED at that a lot!
I also TOMATOED at it, though the show is genius anyway.

Was that an old one? The Michael Jackson 'thing' I'd seen antes.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 19:18   #8
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ğiscorporation
they'd call for a "War on Pretzels" since he'll obviously choke on one..
No, it'll be a chocolate bar taped to the bottom of a bag with the suffocation warnings crossed out.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 19:20   #9
Ğiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp
No, it'll be a chocolate bar taped to the bottom of a bag with the suffocation warnings crossed out.
I though we had had that joke already

(Come to think of it, did we?)
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 19:22   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Re: President Bush assasinated

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Dick Cheney would become President.
I'd guess the shock of becoming President would immediately finish Cheney off, heh.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 19:23   #11
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: President Bush assasinated

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Dick Cheney would become President. If there was any evidence of foreign involvement, it would also trigger a large backlash of 9/11 proportions.

Look, Bush is a democratically elected leader (Florida notwithstanding). He (still) has a high approval rating. His party controls Congress. Killing him isn't going to change US foreign policy; if anything, it would only make it more entrenched.

Bush is not the problem; he is a symptom.
And, of course, there would very quickly be plenty of evidence of foreign involvement within hours, along with a list (to be later appended to at will as new evidence is gathered) of responsible nations and the guilty terrorist group, even if all of the security people witnessed first hand his mother killing him.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote