User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Jul 2005, 22:36   #1
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of
The Exile System

Well from my experiences so far, I have to say the exile system this round is totally screwy.

I know of at least 4 different planets that have started self exiling themselves & just kept at it until they landed in top 20 galaxies.
It seems to me we're going to have super galaxies this round. Planets that want to exile can do so at very little risk, since they can just keep doing it until they have a galaxy they like.
Galaxies can be extremely picky about what planets they allow to stay since theres always going to be another good planet coming along.

Last round there was at least some sort of risk to a planet that decided to self exile. The risk was always there that you'd land in a galaxy that would either refuse to exile you or be to inactive to do it
This round theres no risk at all & its going to lead to some extremely powerful galaxies happening.
I know of at least 1 galaxy where all 6 members of the 2 buddy grps have all self exiled out.
The rich get richer & the poor get poorer.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 22:58   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Exile System

i guess there are always ppl who don't like the thing. I remember 2 rounds ago where i had been exiling about 20 times, saving up butloads of resources each time (had no roids as they were stolen due to the great gals i landed in and the resulting never ending waves), and only landed in worse and worse galaxies. I can tell you i rather have something like this where there is a decent chance on getting a nice / decent galaxy, instead of exiling the entire round without ever getting a chance to play properly.

As for the potential abuse... thats is always gonna happen is guess, but atleast this way the ppl who actually need to exile due to a totally inactive galaxy, get a chance of getting some fun out of their (paid) planet.
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 23:08   #3
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Yeah I agree that it does need to be an option.

I guess I think its just to easy of an option atm.
I know of a couple people who have self exiled 4-5 times in a tick, looking for a galaxy to stay in.
They rejected some very workable galaxies, simply because it was so easy to keep trying.
Galaxy shopping shouldn't be that easy.

Increase the cost? limit it to once every 6 ticks?
Anything to make it a little more difficult.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 09:44   #4
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

Once every 6 ticks? I'm more thinking once a week then..
Supersander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 12:49   #5
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersander
Once every 6 ticks? I'm more thinking once a week then..
once a week could destroy your planet if u land in a terribly inactive gal! all that hard work and then u get roided into the ground!
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 13:27   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Basically I exiled about 3-4 times until I arrived in a galaxy where they spoke on irc, it took me some time and cost me a good rnd start, but thats what you get for being random I guess. Still the galaxy that I landed in im happy with, I think its fair, if I was stuck in a crap gal all round id be pissed off, and wouldnt be up for playing.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 18:52   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i don;t see how anyone can exile super quickly - it is expensive and gets more expensive each time

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 19:57   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I prefer the self exile system this round to last round's. Being able to self exile only once was just unfair to the people who are IRC active and want to do well. Although some kind of time barrier to exiling would be a good idea. Once every 6 ticks sounds fine to me, the delay shouldn't be any longer than 24 ticks imo.
This way not only do you have to put more thought into whether or not you really do want to exile but it gives the galaxy a chance to persuade you to stay too.

Although I just had a look at how much it would cost me to self exile (I haven't self-exiled before) and the cost is less than half a tick's worth of resources. That is far too low I think. Your first self exile should be at least 3 or 4 ticks worth of resources. No wonder people are self exiling too much.

EDIT: I know this isn't Planetarion Suggestions but I think the first exile should be 4 ticks worth of resources. Each subsequent exile should cost 50% more. So your second exile costs 6 ticks, your third exile costs 9 ticks, and so on. With all the resources going into the fund of the galaxy you exiled from obviously.

Last edited by ChubbyChecker; 27 Jul 2005 at 20:12.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 20:11   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

oh it gets alot more, i exiled 4 times in the end it cost 167k to exile and that was on tick 60 or so..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 00:09   #10
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Don't have a problem with the first exile being cheap, but others should cost much more. And to be honest it's a bit short-sighed to say that there are no problems with the current system...
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 05:33   #11
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

To see an example of self-exile/ministers exiling people NOT working the way it should take a look at galaxy Fat Bobs Band 9:8.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:44   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have spent like 2 mio res on exiling.

_But just exiled away from gal outside top 100, with no one active.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote