User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Oct 2005, 17:45   #1
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of
Global scan?

How about at some point, like when you reach newsies or JGPs, a new scan type becomes available.

The global scan would put planet, surface, technology & unit scans all together in one neat little bundle at a slightly reduced cost.

Not a big change, but it'd be a big help to scanners.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 17:49   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Global scan?

If were going to be helping Scanners out this round, why not have a Scan-Galaxy button? This would save multiple clicking, time and effort.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 21:32   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, i think Grog has a point that PA has far too many scans. really, PSTUNJF is a little excessive. Indeed, merging the lower scans partway through the round is actually a very novel idea, and i quite like it - not for the benefits of scanners (of which i am dubious as indeed it will actually cost them more), but more for the person who is trying to gauge the strength of a planet - which is kinda the point of scanning. A single 'Global Scan' would make it alot easier.

And presumably, the bundle would cost (Planet Scan + Surface Scan + Tech Scan + Unit scan)*0.9 or something?

As an aside, i am not sure about merging the Unit Scan into it - Units are frequently used to gauge inbound defence, information such as the number of roids the defender has isnt overly important.

I reckon.

GUNJF
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 03:02   #4
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

i agree with you , ultimate newbie, allowing a new scan as the global has value , but must not be too cheap, so players has some "privacy".

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 08:06   #5
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

if they want privacy build more distorters simple solution

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 09:22   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
If were going to be helping Scanners out this round, why not have a Scan-Galaxy button? This would save multiple clicking, time and effort.
Been wanting that for many rounds now, so yeah, that would be good.
Unread 22 Nov 2005, 09:45   #7
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

I agree with the scan galaxy button, but I don't agree on the P/S/T scan... You'd pay 3000 for a planet scan instead of 1000? So not GUNJF, i'd say PSTUNJF, and once you've researched P, S and T, you'll automatically be able to do a G scan.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 20:35   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

what percentage of the player base have access to a scan planet?
should they be encouraged?
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 20:46   #9
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

scans are changing in PAN, so i think we should just wait upon PA team to announce the new scan methods before discussing this, and yes, scans ARE changing