User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Announcements

Unread 26 Jul 2010, 19:18   #1
Portal

Jagex Purchases Planetarion

Hello everyone,

I’m Mark Gerhard from Jagex Games Studio.

As some of you may already know, Jagex have recently acquired Planetarion and I wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know what will be happening in the near future and what we’ve got planned for later on.

First of all, let me start by saying that Jagex believe that Planetarion is a great game, one of the classic sci-fi browser MMOs and it has a ton of future potential. Many of the staff here are fans and have been avid players over the years. In fact, Planetarion was actually recommended to me by a member of our Customer Support team and after checking it out for myself, I can only agree with my team’s enthusiasm.

The game is a classic, that’s what attracted us in the first instance! We’ve played through the game and we like it and best of all the game has a really strong community of dedicated players. We want to work to improve the game and will work with the PA Team and community to create a vision for Planetarion. In other words, we want to work with you to evolve the game as well as make a sequel and we are really keen for your feedback and input on how to go about this. We know that you are all passionate about Planetarion and we want to give the game some real support.

We’re planning to move over the current data hosting to our own servers as soon as possible. For you, this will mean a reliable service with super fast connections. We’ve other plans in development too.

There are still a few more things we need to do before we can really get going. Please bear with us during this transitional time. We value your feedback so we’ll be reading your responses here but please also send us a message directly via the forum admins in the meantime if you need to let us know about something.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, here’s to a great future with Planetarion and Jagex!

Best wishes,

Mark Gerhard
CEO, Jagex Games Studio

Originally Posted By Appocomaster