User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 00:13   #1
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
An Open Letter to the Planetarion Players

To whom it may concern,

On PT272 I was closed by Remy, an administrator of Planetarion. As we all know, closure is the highest form of censure, reserved for planets that are cheating and for whom no other punishment is deemed applicable. As I'm sure you can imagine I was very distressed at what I felt was an outrageous accusation and slur on my character. I immediately spoke to Fiery as I feared Remy could be biased against me as a result of clashes on the forums. She promised me she would look into it and went offline.

As these things go she lost her internet for the next two days and so by the time I actually got to speak to her again today I had been closed for over 3 days. Upon speaking to Fiery I was told that I had been closed because 90% of my scans were done for the benefit of Ascendancy. I knew this was absolute bullshit and so asked for and was given a list, annoted by Remy with supposed violations.

I immediately noticed one of what would turn out to be many "creative interpretations." Only 78 of 132 scans had been marked by him as being for the benefit of Asc. This is 59% not 90% as I was originally told.

I then spent the next number of hours going through my logs attempting to match scans to requests, no easy process. I discovered the following:

1) He had marked pretty much every planet scan I had done, for the purpose of resource hacking, as being for the benefit of Ascendancy. I would like to know exactly what "evidence" he has for marking these scans so.

2) He had marked many surface scans I had done, for the purpose of determining security centres, for the purpose of resource hacking, as being of benefit for Ascendancy or Descendancy. I would like to know what "evidence" he has for this, especially for those marked for Descendancy? I'll be pretty interested in that one.

3) When I did 2 jgp scans for someone called Gwarth (I have no idea who this dude is) when he was attacking Ascendancy they were put down as some kind of defensive jgp or something. I don't understand this. It strikes me as nothing short of the most retarded conclusion he could possibly have jumped to.

4) On one occasion he assigned a jgp scan done for Tomkat of Descendany correctly. However 1 tick earlier he had attributed this scan to Ascendancy. How can this possibly happen? Which is it and why is it inconsistent? Again what evidence was used here?

I honestly could go on, it definitely doesn't stop there. I have uploaded the details for any who are interested enough to investigate further. The final tally of Ascendancy scans was 40 of 132. Which is 30% or one third of the original claim.

Now, on to the point of this post. I would like to propose that unless serious restructuring is done to the EULA regarding the support planet rule and a review is carried out into the integrity, impartiality and competence of the Multihunter Team players would refuse to sign up a paid account for next round. Transcendancy will most definitely be playing this way and I will be actively meeting with and encouraging other alliance HC's within the intervening period.

I would hope that as many of you as possible would also express your support (or lack of, if you feel so inclined) publicly in this thread.

Last edited by Achilles; 9 Jul 2007 at 01:05.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote