User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 16:41   #1
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Secondary Slave & Master

my pc just crashed and everytime i restart it (my pc) can't/doesn't authenticate my secondary slave and master, which basically means no DVD & CD Drive for me.

anyone has an idea what to do?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 17:19   #2
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Secondary Slave & Master

1. Check BIOS. UDMA Options set to auto? Disable for testing purposes. Try the auto-identify-hdd thing on this secondary bus.

2. Cable-Check. Everything plugged in? Flat cables, power, etc? Both plugs on each side?

3. Device-Test. Unplug DVD and CD drives seperately, test them, see if they work or do make funny blinking things with their LEDs.

4. Swap around the HDD to secondary bus maybe, or attach a DVD / CD drive to primary slave...

5. Get new drives to test, or take your drives to somebody with a confirmed working motherboard.

In that order...
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 17:21   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Secondary Slave & Master

Oh and do scandisk / chkdsk, it's nice and can save you from very annoying and catastrophic errors on your HDD that might have occured during the crash.