User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:34   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Airbus A380

I knew it was bit, but this big?
A wingspan the length of a football pitch and capacity for 800 people? The thing is a monster! It would actually take you a good few minutes to walk from nose to tail.

Impressive stuff.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:35   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Airbus A380

phat.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:36   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Airbus A380

"But the main point about this super tanker-sized aeroplane is that it can fit up to 840 people into its generous hull - although a more typical seating arrangement with a large first class and business class will seat about 555 passengers. "

TO THE MOON, ALICE!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:36   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

that's going to be able to knock down some mighty big buildings.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:45   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my housemates dad has been working on that.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:10   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i hope to god it means more leg room but i doubt it.

it would be nice to have more of a 'cruise ship' type feel too. instead of the 'PACK EM IN LIKE CATTLE YEEHAA'
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 20:32   #7
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i thought they was gonna do one with shop and the like inside

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 20:40   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Most likely there is going to be different versions of it. Everything from cattle-express to the spacey one with bars for the filthy rich.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 20:43   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

that size means better fuel economy means cheaper and better seats. At least, that's how it seems to me. Here's a-hopin', anyway
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 20:55   #10
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

The whole of Mexico could immigrate to the U.S in one of those.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 20:56   #11
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Sultan of Brunei should buy one and fit it with a swimming pool, just for the bling factor.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 21:00   #12
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
that size means better fuel economy means exactly the same seats at exactly the same prices and more profits for the airlines
I fixed it for you.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 21:06   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im guessing that the 'hype' wont be lived upto and just like concorde it, the 'aceness' of it wont be given to the public at large because too much money can be made by cramming in 800 people into seats with 3 inches of leg room.

imagine......

even more screaming kids and scabby yobs getting pissed and going on about how their holiday in the costa del sol was much easier to get too...

or the overweight scabby cheap ass women who think that because they can afford to fly it gives them a god given right to push their seat 100% of the way back and then complain about when people happen to 'touch the seat' whilst trying to move through the 1" gap theyve left behind them.

oh and lets not forget that more children will mean EVEN MORE OF A REASON TO DO SOME STUPID COMPETITION like 'what does the only homo cabin crew member look like??? answers on a postcard !' and then wake everyone up at 4am announcing the winner over the tannoy.

OH JOY OF JOYS ISNT FLYING FUN BOYS AND GIRLS.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 21:20   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
The Sultan of Brunei should buy one and fit it with a swimming pool, just for the bling factor.
Wouldn't the water go everywhere when it landed?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 22:35   #15
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

You're deluding yourselves if you think that when you fly it won't be packed in to the max, the same soft-lighted leet interiors were shown when the original 747 was built, in the end money talks. Airlines don't like people walking about, especially after sept 11th, they like passengers in their seats quiet and if at all possible valiumed out. The gyms/shops etc will probably be for first/business class people. Plebs in economy will be plebs in economy, still never mind they say that being a third class passenger in an A380 is like being a first class passenger on the Lusitania!
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 22:36   #16
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
physics doesn't matter when you're rich
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 22:45   #17
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Not if it had one of those plastic covers people use to keep the leaves off.

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 23:21   #18
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The one thing I liked the look of that might be vaugley practical is the "cabins" idea.
Not like a full on cabin like on a cross-channel ferry, but basicly bunks (like on the spaceship on 5th Element if you've seen it). Wouldn't lose much room as you could double of maybe triple stack them, and people could perhaps specify a bunk over a seat in economy so that the option was there.
It'd make cheap transatlantic flights a HELL of a lot nicer.

I can dream.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 23:24   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
I can dream.
Not when you're in your cramped little seat you can't.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 23:25   #20
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i hate flying and thus seldom do.

there are plenty of other ways to travel.
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 23:32   #21
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i hate flying and thus seldom do.

there are plenty of other ways to travel.
All aboard the Titantic mkII bound for Noo Yoik.

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 23:39   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

i was on board the original.
i took a boat with duff & diana cooper.
how were we supposed to know there was a shortage???

besides i needed the leg room
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 01:20   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Why would one want to go to the americas?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 08:51   #24
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
It would actually take you a good few minutes to walk from nose to tail.

that's 73m...so i doubt it.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 11:12   #25
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i hope to god it means more leg room but i doubt it.

it would be nice to have more of a 'cruise ship' type feel too. instead of the 'PACK EM IN LIKE CATTLE YEEHAA'
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 13:43   #26
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

http://www.n-tv.de/5478730.html
it looks nice. btw, i just read the boeing is going to build an 'advanced' version of the 747 with something between 500 and 600 seats. so i guess airbus' idea wasn't that stupid after all.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 14:05   #27
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
that's 73m...so i doubt it.
Koen: Hockey pitch: 100 yards.
Megla: Walk to fridge for more butter and coke: 5 yards.

This is the difference. Do you see?

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 14:06   #28
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

It's all very nice and good, but has it actually been given FAA approval yet?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 14:14   #29
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
Koen: Hockey pitch: 100 yards.
Megla: Walk to fridge for more butter and coke: 5 yards.

This is the difference. Do you see?
a) I am not fat, bitch
b) I can probably run the 100 meters faster than you, old timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddy
It's all very nice and good, but has it actually been given FAA approval yet?
The fallout if they didn't would be quite interesting to watch (blah blah, favouritism towards boeing, blah) and also disasterous for the numerous US airlines that have already ordered them...
In other words, it's a bit of a foregone conclusion. The FAA wouldn't risk bankrupting more airlines, especially under a presidency headed by Mr George "what's good for business is good for me" Bush.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 23:22   #30
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: The Airbus A380

I've read that every additional kilogramm usually costs about 500 euro a year (fuel etc). And since this Airbus is already 5 tonnes (=half a million euro a year) over its planned weight, I seriously doubt walking around and shops inside.

Also don't forget it's still a PLANE and moving FAST, as opposed to a ship.
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 23:31   #31
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
http://www.n-tv.de/5478730.html
it looks nice. btw, i just read the boeing is going to build an 'advanced' version of the 747 with something between 500 and 600 seats. so i guess airbus' idea wasn't that stupid after all.
According to the news a few days ago Boieng are designing a plane that will have the ability to go anywhere in the world without stopping for fuel. They seem to believe (or hope) that this is the way forward rather than having super sized planes. I also assume they'ld make it a fair bit faster than the airbus A380.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
I've read that every additional kilogramm usually costs about 500 euro a year (fuel etc). And since this Airbus is already 5 tonnes (=half a million euro a year) over its planned weight, I seriously doubt walking around and shops inside.

Also don't forget it's still a PLANE and moving FAST, as opposed to a ship.
According to the BBC news report i saw it's more economical on fuel than an average car.

Once the plane is at cruising altitude (assuming no turbulence) it is stable enough to walk around and do things like drink at a bar or play at a casino (which seems to be what Virgin have planned).

Last edited by JC; 18 Jan 2005 at 23:37.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 23:37   #32
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
According to the news a few days ago Boieng are designing a plane that will have the ability to go anywhere in the world without stopping for fuel. They seem to believe (or hope) that this is the way forward rather than having super sized planes. I also assume they'ld make it a fair bit faster than the airbus A380.
yes, they want to build that 7E7, which follows a completly different strategy. its small, but should take people directly to where they want to go (as opposed to the current hub-system), but airbus already countered with a modified version of the A-340, which can do the same thing.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 00:00   #33
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: The Airbus A380

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
According to the BBC news report i saw it's more economical on fuel than an average car.

Once the plane is at cruising altitude (assuming no turbulence) it is stable enough to walk around and do things like drink at a bar or play at a casino (which seems to be what Virgin have planned).
In this magazin it also said they would like to stay below 2.9 liters of fuel per person per 100km. That IS better than a car, ok, but still, planes do fly far longer ways.

Just like if you say "hey, planes are the safest way of transportation", that's ok if you look at incidents per passenger per 100km or so. But keep in mind, one flight is already several 100km usually.

I do SERIOUSLY doubt casinos and such things in planes. It's not made for flying around, you know, starting with it, extending runways, all that stuff.
And it'd be to expensive to carry round (the weight problem again).
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 00:33   #34
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

They should go with my solution of having swimming pools on board., as the water will support the wight of people and they'll appear to be lighter and thus they'll burn less fuel and there'll be less damage to the ozone layer.

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 00:45   #35
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

the real question is: will it actually fly?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 01:01   #36
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Which has the potential to make lots of money, and thus could easily be feasible.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 01:16   #37
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
In this magazin it also said they would like to stay below 2.9 liters of fuel per person per 100km. That IS better than a car, ok, but still, planes do fly far longer ways.

Just like if you say "hey, planes are the safest way of transportation", that's ok if you look at incidents per passenger per 100km or so. But keep in mind, one flight is already several 100km usually.

I do SERIOUSLY doubt casinos and such things in planes. It's not made for flying around, you know, starting with it, extending runways, all that stuff.
And it'd be to expensive to carry round (the weight problem again).
All true, but the big airlines can compete with those new, cheap ones by price, so they could try it with luxury.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 02:50   #38
Yahwe
I am.

i am clearly the only person who worries more about bigger planes being more destructive when used by terrorists to knock down buildings and so forth.

are the rest of you in denial?
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 09:01   #39
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

No, I join you on that sentiment Yahwe, however....

I am clearly the only person who feels casinos, bars and the like aboard a plane.. ARE YOU ALL SO ****ING MORONIC AND MATERIAL THAT YOU REALLY NEED A SHOPPING CENTRE ON WINGS YOU STUPID FAT ****S!!!!

ahem.. not sure where that came from sorry, but you see my point I hope.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 09:55   #40
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Need I say rich, fat coperate execs on transatlantic flights?
Given this thing can carry as many people as a jumbo on the ground floor if you configure it right, I can easily see something like the following:

Ground floor: Economy/3rd class
First floor aft: 2nd class (ie. a bit of legroom and nicer food)
First floor foreward: 1st/business class + entertainment

I'm not so sure about casinos unless they have magnetic cards and chips, seeing as one bit of turbulence would wreck the game and let's face it would also add a whole new level of randomness to roulette, but I could imagine a small cinema and a bar/lounge like on a ferry for example.

Or we could just put a swimming pool in it so Yahwe can have the satisfaction of watching it knock over some REALLY big buildings.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 10:19   #41
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i am clearly the only person who worries more about bigger planes being more destructive when used by terrorists to knock down buildings and so forth.

are the rest of you in denial?
do you really think they'll use planes again, now with all the new laws and security measures in place? they will come up with a new and more creative way of killing people.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 10:29   #42
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Blimps!
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 19:04   #43
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
They should go with my solution of having swimming pools on board., as the water will support the wight of people and they'll appear to be lighter and thus they'll burn less fuel and there'll be less damage to the ozone layer.
actually made me laugh
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote