User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 19:25   #1
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts
A Complication!

Having illicitly downloaded Fallout using Bit Torrent, my villainous activities were somewhat impeded when an unfortunate and unexpected problem presented itself.

I got back this afternoon to find the torrent successfully downloaded and WinRaR raring to extract. However, when the file was opened, my criminal mind boggled as (to my surprise) I did not see the friendly setup.exe amongst the vast array of exotic file types that I had come to expect and rely upon. Instead I was greeted with but three files, imaginitively named 'fallout.ccd' , 'fallout.img' and 'fallout.sub'. Crazy stuff. I have no idea how to work these files. All I want to do is install the game.

I would like very much to know how this problem can be overcome and how the game can be installed and playable with minimal effort. Minimal effort involves not having to go out and purchase the game, however cheap it may or may not be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ugly Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 19:35   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A Complication!

Its a CD image file.

Using that opens CD Image files.

Daemon Tools for example.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 19:40   #3
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Its a CD image file.

Using that opens CD Image files.

Daemon Tools for example.
I downloaded a 0.74 gb image file? I must really suck at this internet miscreancy.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 19:46   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Monkey
I downloaded a 0.74 gb image file? I must really suck at this internet miscreancy.
It's a CD image you idiot, not a picture.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 19:46   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Use nero to create a cd from the image. This creates a copy of the games cd.

Downloading a bin/cue is a good thing as opposed to a bad one. You certainly haven't dled the wrong thing (assuming you have a cd writer )

If you don't have a cd writer use daemon tools to create a virtual cd.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 19:51   #6
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

if you dont want to use a cd writer to burn the img use a program called "winiso" to extract the file *(you're gonna need to crack winiso tho - otherwise you wont be able to extract large files)
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 19:51   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Monkey
Tis a challenge that most would not wish to complete too quickly for fear of being labelled a "Geek".
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 20:29   #8
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Okay, I downloaded Daemon Tools and chose to 'mount' the 'image' on a 'virtual disk'. This seemed to do the trick because a friendly window popped up and I was able to install the game. Mission complete. World saved.

Thank you all very much for your help. <3
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 20:47   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't go!
We haven't found out yet if you have insane views that might make the forum a more interesting place!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 21:04   #10
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

^^what he said
I like this guy... in a strange, deeply confusing way...