User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 29 Apr 2013, 19:27   #1
AndyMan

AndyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Havoc alliance limit

As we have seen for a long time every havoc Factory dominates with a max full tag with no other ally even coming close in score or member #. This culture makes havoc boring and not very fun for many and is a detriment to the game imo. I think, particularly because (conservatively) probably 1/4 of people play havoc who play in the normal round, there should be equal adjustments to alliance tag limit. Last rnd with a full 60 member tag in Factory there was no chance for anyone and havoc was very very boring and stagnant. I think we should drop the alliance limit to ATLEAST 20 to make things more fun for everyone.

thoughts? I don't think I'll play havoc if the alliance limits are left as is, just not worth it.
AndyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2013, 20:37   #2
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Havoc alliance limit

Havoc? who plays havoc? Personally I think alliances should just be removed completely from Havoc and it should be a general free for all.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2013, 21:17   #3
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

i think we shouldnt bother with it at all and should just have 2 weeks down and back to PA, just to kill the game quicker :P
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2013, 23:01   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

regardless of wether there is a reduction of ally limits or not the factory bum boys will still play together , if you reduce the ally limit then they will form fac 1 fac 2 etc and nap ingame and if u remove allys completely then they will just attack together , personally only way I see to negate their lameness is to reshuffle the uni remove ally tags and have smaller galaxys with exile switched off but since that requires effort I don't see it happening so the Fagtory bum boys will play together as its the only chance they have of a high rank since they can't cut it in the real round

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 00:29   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I'm with Monroe on this. It's Havoc - no one should care who "wins". It was supposed to be for players who had been pounded all round to get themselves a bit of payback before the next round starts.

Personally, I log off PA after the EORC and don't come back until signups open. Still, each to their own.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 01:23   #6
AndyMan

yeah I was thinking the same thing gzam, but it can't hurt right? Havoc just isnt fun with Factory. I think getting rid of alliance tools alltogether would be a step in the right direction at least. That would force people to coordinate on irc and report incs for gal m8s etc. I'm just trying to think of things that would make for a more balanced havoc, as it can be fun to play for those who want to.

And as for the other suggestions, if you don't play havoc your opinions regarding havoc are sort of moot aren't they? :P
Unread 20 May 2013, 18:30   #7
AndyMan

Also I think in havoc covop should be modified proportionately (ie higher resource steal per agent etc) Could add another interesting dynamic to the mix for all those who stockpile to cover incs
Unread 20 May 2013, 21:02   #8
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't think the problem is havoc. The problem is alliance mentality (it is the same problem as in normal round).

In havoc, people joined factory because they knew if they didn't, they would get smashed. And factory, instead of saying 'sorry we are full', pretty much accepted everyone and used a second tag (pack)

Up to now, no-one could stop em cause others play in small groups and whilst just about everyone says they hate factory who simply ruin havoc, no-one could pull the groups together enough to do anything about it.

Things changed this havoc simply because there was a focal point of people willing to say 'you know what, we won't stand for it'.
It was incredibly easy, as soon as other alliances knew there was an 'anti-factory' alliance they joined in.
Tactics are simple enough. We offered all non-factory a nap. Then, any incoming was a simple defend and retal policy.
Before ticks start I made it clear to factory, this challenge was more than welcomed.

The thought process is simple, if everyone gangbangs anyone who tag abuses/cheats etc, then it makes tag abusing pointless.

Now factory have a choice. If they play small and play fair in a way that gives people a chance to have some fun, factory owners will not form again.
If they decide mass tagging is the way, well it is pretty easy for factory owners to come back and hit them.

The players decide how pa goes, not some minority, and that is how it has to be.

Let factory decide their next action
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2013, 01:44   #9
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

where was our nap offer?
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2013, 08:58   #10
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I don't think the problem is havoc. The problem is alliance mentality (it is the same problem as in normal round).

In havoc, people joined factory because they knew if they didn't, they would get smashed. And factory, instead of saying 'sorry we are full', pretty much accepted everyone and used a second tag (pack)

Up to now, no-one could stop em cause others play in small groups and whilst just about everyone says they hate factory who simply ruin havoc, no-one could pull the groups together enough to do anything about it.

Things changed this havoc simply because there was a focal point of people willing to say 'you know what, we won't stand for it'.
It was incredibly easy, as soon as other alliances knew there was an 'anti-factory' alliance they joined in.
Tactics are simple enough. We offered all non-factory a nap. Then, any incoming was a simple defend and retal policy.
Before ticks start I made it clear to factory, this challenge was more than welcomed.

The thought process is simple, if everyone gangbangs anyone who tag abuses/cheats etc, then it makes tag abusing pointless.

Now factory have a choice. If they play small and play fair in a way that gives people a chance to have some fun, factory owners will not form again.
If they decide mass tagging is the way, well it is pretty easy for factory owners to come back and hit them.

The players decide how pa goes, not some minority, and that is how it has to be.

Let factory decide their next action
Thank you Forest for saving PA HAVOC. What could PA have done without you!

Anti factory are so lucky to have you on their side!
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote