User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 17 Apr 2011, 03:02   #1
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about
New Alliances for R42...

Let's discuss it before R42 gets here, have a few people step up, organize some new smaller tags. Then let's see who still tries to argue against lowering tag size limit?
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2011, 03:54   #2
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice
Re: New Alliances for R42...

Quote:
Originally Posted by budious View Post
Let's discuss it before R42 gets here, have a few people step up, organize some new smaller tags. Then let's see who still tries to argue against lowering tag size limit?
i'm all for lowering tag size, but this is a discussion that will never end.
Unread 17 Apr 2011, 08:48   #3
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Itīs apparently a delicate topic. But if we look at rnd 41, a tag limit of 50 would leave 8 alliances in direct competition, tag size wise. Iīm well aware of the fact that 50 is still the counted score mark, however it would bring a clearer fight for the top 3 alliance spot. Alliances would have to do even more politics than now to steer through and win in the end.

Atm most focus is on CT and Ome them being "big tags", that could be spread out on the top 10 alliances (almost) with a 50 size tag.

The "active" community seems to span 700-800 accounts. One could argue that 80 is perhaps a tad too big, considering that 10% of the player base in one alliance limits the possibility of a widespread mix of alliances and politics in the game - (obviously very few are interested in doing anything but roiding 15 player tags).

The only real disadvandtage I see in limiting the tags is that youīre enforcing the fact that PA is too small, and still shrinking. So limiting would come out as a statement that PA is gone in 3 years.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2011, 08:50   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The alliancelimit HAS to be lowered.
Unread 17 Apr 2011, 14:21   #5
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Here we go again lol

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2011, 14:42   #6
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

10 man alliances! oh wait thats just gals..... just thought i would speed up the argument a bit .

The problem with lowering the tag limits as everyone knows is that people who want to play together will always find a way so we might have smaller tags in the game but the players who want to play together will just make more tags possibly even under the same HC just defence will be a bit different.

Also having a hard limit of 50 would lead to alliances creating scanner tags the current setup of 50 for score and 30 for the rest seems to work quite well although perhaps it could be hard coded to 60 but much lower and we will just see scan tags appearing again even with the alliance fund etc

Last edited by Sebos; 17 Apr 2011 at 14:43. Reason: planets changed to tags
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2011, 16:28   #7
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

If people just bucked up and got in allys of 20-30 though we could seriously have some fun with no a whole load of allys going for top spot.

Rather than thinking you can't play with all your friends, or you can't definitely get the win just consider the all out war of having several smaller tags and how much more amusing it'll be to play!

People complain about not having 50-70 or whatever it normally is, simply because they're not used to otherwise. I don't see how it makes the game seem smaller - if anything it will be more exciting and the game will seem bigger (more allys - more will be happening in terms of politics and war, much more #1 contenders)
Unread 17 Apr 2011, 18:12   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebos View Post
10 man alliances! oh wait thats just gals..... just thought i would speed up the argument a bit .

The problem with lowering the tag limits as everyone knows is that people who want to play together will always find a way so we might have smaller tags in the game but the players who want to play together will just make more tags possibly even under the same HC just defence will be a bit different.
Who the hell has 80 friends...

Lowering the limit to 60 is quite ok the way I see it.

Not that many alliances that start out with 60 before the round start, I think it is about high time that we approach the whole alliance system from a new angle.
Unread 18 Apr 2011, 11:59   #9
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

i wasn't saying one person has 80 friends but there are still some communities out there with more than 50/60 members. Maybe not but say 1 person has 10 people he/she likes playing with but he/she also likes someone in another group etc

But i agree 60 would be good since it still gives ample room for scanners etc (although tbh there is no reason now why a scan planet cant be top100) I have to admit it is pretty depressing looking at the universe screen and seeing 1 man bands making up the majority of the alliance rankings screen. I mean that cant really give the best advert to new players
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2011, 06:16   #10
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Not to look on bad side as I'm all for lower tag limits but you lower tag and if ya ally gets gang raped it be over within a week doesn't matter who you are small ally tags will provide mass rappage so an ally who deserves to win gets gang banged last 3 days of round not a chance in hell of defending as you don't have the buffer you currently have unless you impose 40 counted and 60 player tag that might work

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2011, 06:50   #11
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

i'm an advocate of lower tag numbers also, but i can see what will happen if they get lowered drastically.

high number alliances will have 2 tags, if the two are carefully filled and placed into bp's within galaxies then they can have a coverage on defence set up, those two then nap each other, attack together and 1 of the tags may well win a round because 1 tag can act as support for the other
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2011, 10:11   #12
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
i'm an advocate of lower tag numbers also, but i can see what will happen if they get lowered drastically.

high number alliances will have 2 tags, if the two are carefully filled and placed into bp's within galaxies then they can have a coverage on defence set up, those two then nap each other, attack together and 1 of the tags may well win a round because 1 tag can act as support for the other
Don't Apprime already do this, with their second tag being called ODDR...
Unread 19 Apr 2011, 17:50   #13
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
Wow, must have taken you ages to come up with that stupid remark.
Unread 19 Apr 2011, 19:12   #14
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Amusingly that made me laugh lol Well done.

But back on the main topic i dont think you can ever force people to go play in a tag they dont wish to play in even if you lower the tag limit you will still get as people have already discussed just jr tags ie apprime 1 apprime 2 apprime 3 etc. Plus a lot of the 'lower skilled/active' alliances somtimes rely on numbers instead of quality. So if you limit them in that respect alliances such as DLR who have owned with small members for many rounds will just own them even more.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2011, 20:29   #15
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
really showing you know shit right here, good job numbnuts.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2011, 15:43   #16
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

An intresting point is that in this round there is 15 tags with double figures memberwise (noting some kind of structure) and only 5 of them have gone over 50. With maximum respect to HR and ROCK i would assume most of there overspill is inactive, new or half assed players. Which basically leaves 3 of 15 tags that have managed to recruit more than 50.

if you skimmed these 3 allainces down to the 50 limit and created another alliance out of what was left that would give us 12 allainces with 40-50 members - this is what is making this round quite intresting - cos even now ITS VERY TIGHT. This is what pa needs - if the prizes for winning were better aswell it would help too - im assuming the allainces that care about rank have possibly had to put a bit more effort in this round than normal to acheive there goals
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2011, 17:25   #17
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

I feel this thread requires a serious response.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 00:50   #18
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

lower limit just means we have to kick the inactives faster or rotate scanners out of tag. if alliance sizes come down then gals need to be easier to hit. seen rounds where it takes 2-3 alliances to hit 1 gal
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 06:04   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

gm - in that case all you do is set a round limit on self exiles (ok some ppl will get round it but it will be harder to build forts up) and if your having a 50 limits then you just have to prepare that 5 of your members will be scanners or have them out of tag regardless. There both moot points as they would affect everyone. If you want loads of scanners then you have to accept you will have them out of tag or counting towards ally score.
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 11:32   #20
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Smaller tags = more blocks. 40 man tags simply cant take on t10 galaxies without backup(unless you're allowed to grow like DLR a few hundred ticks beforehand). I'm curious as to what one wants to achieve with smaller tags?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 13:17   #21
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

we have 70 man tags at the moment and we still get blocks so lowering the tag and having blocks isnt any different - the lower the tags the more tags you have - the more blocks you can have too. It wilkl make the race for 1st more diverse and fun and the politics are a lot more crucial to the round
Unread 27 Apr 2011, 13:14   #22
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
Not to look on bad side as I'm all for lower tag limits but you lower tag and if ya ally gets gang raped it be over within a week doesn't matter who you are small ally tags will provide mass rappage so an ally who deserves to win gets gang banged last 3 days of round not a chance in hell of defending as you don't have the buffer you currently have unless you impose 40 counted and 60 player tag that might work
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
I find that reading Demort's posts without taking a breath can make them more bearable

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2011, 12:00   #23
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
we have 70 man tags at the moment and we still get blocks so lowering the tag and having blocks isnt any different - the lower the tags the more tags you have - the more blocks you can have too. It wilkl make the race for 1st more diverse and fun and the politics are a lot more crucial to the round
its a common misunderstanding to think more parties make better politics...

instead of lowering the taglimit, i am all for completely removing it
- and if we end with just 2 alliances (i donīt think we will) whats the problem with it !?

remove the taglimit (keep the counting score at somewhat) and allow new players to join a TOP Alliance...
Allow em to play with People ending in top100, allow em to have fun and learn.

With restricting members to join the Alliance they would like to be in - we restrict PA from growing a memberbase - and thats only partly the problem of the diffrent alliances.
While some would probably stay invite only, others would open up their recruitment...at least if they can manage to manage a huge tag.

There is a ton of Possibilities to handle a huge tag without having to give up the top guys...
for exampel def priorities, def points or other priorities (diffrent Member-Levels)...

And thats where i would start to change the game...add more possibilities to the ingame alliance feature....for a start setting priority defence levels for members...maybe start with 3 diffrent lvlīs (i think more will be needed), but it would be a start...

For Alliances not relying on ingame tools, its even easier. And without having the need to have 20 diffrent tags, you donīt need 20 diffrent coders anymore, which seems to be the biggest problem in running an alliance with external tools...

m0 saying HI, well knowing probably nothing will be changed on PAīs code for a while, if not forever... (hint: i am sure they code a PA2 instead)

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2011, 10:45   #24
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

any suggestion involving ingame changes is pointless so forget that morpy. however, i am all for no tag limit and see what happens for a few rounds. game is dying anyway so why not try new things.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2011, 10:46   #25
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

or rather old things, but bringing them back.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2011, 14:07   #26
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

2 alliance round ... would be a change
Unread 24 May 2011, 14:21   #27
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Just remove alliance rankings, that's one large reason for politics turning utterly ghey each round!
Unread 24 May 2011, 15:05   #28
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Unfortunately removing rankings doesnt remove alliances or the people running them so cant see how that helps

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2011, 23:33   #29
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I'm all for lowering the alliance size. Perhaps even allow a mechanism that lower scoring alliances may increase their alliance size to nivellate the difference between #1 and #last.

But please make a decision and stick with it, not like round 13 when some alliances based their strategy on the smaller tagsize and then having it changed back too 100 all of a sudden.
Unread 9 Jun 2011, 14:29   #30
Blink

Blink is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll enjoy seeing how the small tags perform
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2011, 18:57   #31
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Lets ignore the fact that lowering the tag limit will force alliances to kick members who may not want to find a new home anywhere else (i.e. not resulting in 100% of people still playing and in new organised alliances).

but blocks would be substantially different if you lower the tag limit.

Lets take now
80vs80vs80vs80vs80 seems fair
now a block forms, its 240 vs 160
with 100% participating in attacks, it's 240 vs 80.. that's 3 waves on every planet in a tag when ptargetting.
If we take into account that we don't ever see 100% participation as the round progresses and that they require team-ups rather than solo attacks plus the additional defense available in gals. It becomes a much more sensible 180 vs 110-130 when ptargetting.
Conclusion: current tag size allows an alliance not to get completely owned in one night by a block.

Now lets go with reducing the tag limit to 40 and that everyone that's playing now will be playing then.
40vs40vs40vs40vs40vs40vs40vs40.. fair start.
now a block forms:
240 vs 160.. still seems the same?
240 vs 40 is what happens when the block decides to attack one alliance.
180 vs 70-90 defense available with galaxy's help.
Conclusion: its more than possible to completely own a tag in one night.

Then lets talk about the end of the round? How the hell is a tag with 40 members going to try to defend there #1 planet (or top planets) in the last week? It'll be so easy to overwhelm them, its difficult now but more than possible for an organized alliance.

If the tag limit gets lowed, you'll be turning PA into a clusterf*ck where you've taken any amount of skill out of the game and it becomes a case of having to avoid incomings at all costs which will result in alot more stagnation rather than more competition. You'll be giving blocks more power, not giving them less.

I agree alliance politics should have a place in PA but they should not be everything involved in the game.

but then i can get onto the subject of wither lowering the tag limit will result in many more alliances being created. The best alliances? how will they react to a lowered tag limit? one of two ways, split the alliance in two and work together effectively as one tag (which makes the tag limit obsolete) or they'll keep there best members and kick any casual, inactive, or semi-inactive member.

What will happen then? In your magical world, you're thinking that these casuals, inactives and semi-inactives will suddenly decide they want to play active and step up as HC/DC/BC. In reality, they wont have an alliance to join or at least decent one which could actually fight for #1. You'll effectively be trimming the casuals and inactives out of the game.

Why the hell does this argument come up every round. If you're sitting there wanting to setup a 40man alliance, just go and do it. There are many smaller alliances or BG's which have managed to have fun for many rounds in PA. The only reason i can think of that you havent done it, is that you actually cant be bothered.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 9 Jun 2011 at 19:04.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote