User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What happens next
Continue ticking 189 41.81%
Rollback 2 ticks 79 17.48%
End Round10 now 184 40.71%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 07:44   #101
TheBull
Ph33r Us!

TheBull is infamous around these partsTheBull is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

IMHO:
Always announce the end of a round 7 days (or more) before you plan to stop ticks. This gives alliances and players time to play the end game.

Don't just settle for the easy way out. (like calling r10 over now)

Didn't Spinner leave? If so, why does he still have access?

When consdering the results of this poll please look at:
(Continue + Rollback vs. End round) Don't just go with the most popular selection.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 08:28   #102
PhantTheAwesome

PhantTheAwesome is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

Im surprised that PAteam even asked this question.... it just shows their lack of decision making skills.....
Let PA continue as is right now please =)
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 08:53   #103
Spontaneous

Spontaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Continue ticks. Some people, like myself, had a lot of resources saved and just ordered TONS of ships. Now you are going to say I am going to end the round super lowwer then what I would have because the ships are in the process of coming to me(I no longer have the resources and it ticked since ordering ships so now my score is lowwer). If going to close or not, tick atleast 12 ticks total to make sure people have all the ships they ordered or was in the middle of attacking someone. This round ending suddenly needs to stop as it has happened more then once.

And I agree with someone, we PAID FOR THIS? They should have had one free round on the PAX system to work out all bugs then asked for us to pay. Now that we did pay, your going to cut our hard work short? I feel since we did pay for this round that you guys should atleast finish the round proper.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 08:58   #104
Hellraizer

Hellraizer is an unknown quantity at this point

Deal with closed planets issues, end game, shut down servers, take a x-mas break to decide wherever its any point starting a new round or not
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 09:00   #105
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Heh well Option #1 or #2 would both be suitable. I have just commenced my "End Game Plan" and I would really be pissed if I had the round end and I didn't get to do anything :/ Also I wish to see the Lemming Run as well
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 09:17   #106
Stephanos

Stephanos is an unknown quantity at this point

i think that the round rankings should end at before the crash, rollbacks are too much of a nuisance to setup. " weeks of havoc, now that would be nice, and 30min ticks:P
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 09:41   #107
Spanish

Spanish has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Some people who have been playing the game have a strategy of using their galaxy fund as a bank , and to cash this fund in towards the end - make a large fleet - ans shoot up the table - hopefully to the number 1 position. Remember "Max 20 characters", early in the round - he shot to number 1with only 3 roids - not by cheating but by using the system as it was then.

To end the game now with no notice would be wholly unfair to these players who havn`t had the nessecesy notice to put their plans into motion !! - It would also mean a tottally wasted round and time for them also

For the above reason - i voted to go back two ticks, but i can accept starting the game immediately

Stoping the round now with no notice is totally unfair - but i can accept restartibg the game now and giving notice that the round will end in say 72 hrs
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 10:27   #108
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well tbh i think this game ended weeks back, so to be honest i have voted to end the round as i see there is no need to keep carrying on with this round as most people can say it died very early on.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 10:34   #109
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

I deffinately think rollback the two/three ticks and continue, announce it in a week or so, and then let people play for the rankings. It isn't really fair ending it abruptly (excuse spelling) as some players could be about to get a score boost by ordering ships or sommit (although i'm not sure how that even works for PaX), and also for the players that have recently upgraded thier accounts. If you give a warning of a week or two, then I don't see how it could go wrong, as surely a little bit of downtime before the rollback wouldn't bother people who wanting the round to end now...
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 10:43   #110
^Myst3r13s^
We ShaLL NoT Be MoveD

^Myst3r13s^ is an unknown quantity at this point

end the damned round allready.. and dont make a new 1
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 10:48   #111
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fullfill one certain alliance's dream and end the round.

Or finally think about everyone else in the universe and continue at least one more week.

I voted go on as usual btw.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 10:55   #112
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

If pa were to end now i would quit for good and so would 3 of my m8's. We all didnt play round 9 after the round 8 incident. We came back for the free round and decided to give new PA a try. Weve all had fun this round, but agreed that you cant just end a round with no notice. I understand there are people who are bored, and inactive waiting for the new round. But for some of us it is still fun and we want to see how its going to play out. 1.5-2 weeks takes us right up to the holidays. Then we have a nice break for Xmas and New years. Then we can start R11 at the end of January.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:04   #113
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abducter
Im surprised that PAteam even asked this question.... it just shows their lack of decision making skills.....
Let PA continue as is right now please =)
LOL damned if they do, damned if they dont. Weve all been whining for more input since the beginning. They give a vote to let the community decide, and they are tagged indecisive. Poor poor Pat, cant do anything right.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:04   #114
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
The round should have ended a long time ago...in fact it should have been half as long and they should have given us two rounds. It has been said a million times...the rounds are too darn long. The game stagnates, it is impossible to change 'class'. You can always be killed and go down...but once you are halfway through the game you cant up and go from 2000 to 50.

And I would like to say, ALL HAIL SPINNER. As you all can see he was clearly and still is dedicated to planetarion, being the only person to come and stop the ticks eventhough he has already quit, now that says something about the man.
1) How exactly is this game stagnant, there is a LOT to fight for, and ranking places are far to be decided. In fact, I have found this round military wise, one of the best and interesting ever, with mnay different tactics used and many ways to win. (I will be making a post about this at end of round).

2) All hail spinner???? Yes its great he stopepd ticks, and we thank you, but when I quit my last job, I had access to employment removed. If spinner quit, should he not of had access to tickers stopped also??? More PA incompetence?

3) End the round, so I can have a nice family xmas, and maybe get the motivation back to want to play this game atm, cause I for one see no r11 with so many quitters.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:06   #115
Fyodor
Behe

Oh yeah, and there are some people i planned to bugger when the round end announcement came. Please dont leave me with a hard falice in my hand.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:10   #116
Fyodor
Behe

1 last point. PA/Jolt stand much more to lose by way of players if they end the round now, as the people who want the round ended now are all coming back else they wouldnt care if it ended now or not. Where PA may piss some peeps off if they end now who might not/wont come back.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:48   #117
Cameron

dont let this round end, just because we had a small incident with the server...we paid for this round and i want it to be a fun ending not a god damn server ruining the game. the end of the round gives us the chance to get small or big revenges.

FIRST: delete the closed planets, those idiots not willing to play fair are not worth being in this game anymore! greets to 16:4!!!

and next time if u find someone called himself DAS FUEHRER make himself change his nick. i am not willing to participate on a game that supports ppl like him not being able to find a nick that suits this game and the fun.

so give x-mas a chance and let us play...

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

(maybe the devils make the snowmen melt...hihi)

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 11:57   #118
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I do not see anything wrong with someone naming his planet "DAS FUEHRER". Actually, "LEADER" would be accepted, and Fuehrer is just the German translation.

However, this is off topic.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:12   #119
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Roll back 2 ticks and start. THat's the only fair way of doing this
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:20   #120
Mighty Max

:lol: Reading what some of you "Planetarion-aholics" have wrote here really does want to make me laugh non-stop for hours. Don't any of you have lives/jobs/girlfriends? Fgs people, it's only a game!

Anyway,
Do you remember all the hype a few months ago..... "PAX, It will be really good etc... new ships and alliance features", and the adverts in the games magazines? Now look at it, a total failure... just like rounds 8 and 9

-Kan3

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:28   #121
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

I would say....delete the closed planets, end the round and start the HAVOC.

Why?
It's very frustrating to many members that a end date is still not announced.
It's very difficult to keep my alliances members motivated during these PA black-outs.
And I hope enough of em will be left to play a round 11 with my alliance.

My 2 cents,

Ace
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:30   #122
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

mjrTorspo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish
Some people who have been playing the game have a strategy of using their galaxy fund as a bank , and to cash this fund in towards the end - make a large fleet - ans shoot up the table - hopefully to the number 1 position. Remember "Max 20 characters", early in the round - he shot to number 1with only 3 roids - not by cheating but by using the system as it was then.

To end the game now with no notice would be wholly unfair to these players who havn`t had the nessecesy notice to put their plans into motion !! - It would also mean a tottally wasted round and time for them also

For the above reason - i voted to go back two ticks, but i can accept starting the game immediately

Stoping the round now with no notice is totally unfair - but i can accept restartibg the game now and giving notice that the round will end in say 72 hrs

Max 20 Characters planet joined this game at about tick300, so i doubt i was ever #1
*it
From: Phil (1:1:7) Subject: you know Sent: Thu Apr 29 15:46:54 2004
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

mjrTorspo - cheating ely scum
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:32   #123
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

mjrTorspo is an unknown quantity at this point

...but if it was the final rankings surely should be taken from that tick
From: Phil (1:1:7) Subject: you know Sent: Thu Apr 29 15:46:54 2004
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

mjrTorspo - cheating ely scum
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:34   #124
TudorRose
The Rose of Wolfpack

TudorRose is an unknown quantity at this point

im for ending the round now, with havoc. dont bother with the rollback, just hand out the res or the roids.. [roids is better ] and let us have a week of havoc.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:36   #125
WWToo

WWToo is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be very sorry to see this round finish so abruptly now. I am still enjoying the game and creeping up the rankings (700ish now lol), although I mainly play for the pleasure of being part of the community. I think Andy_r makes some excellent ponts in his post and I endorse his suggestions wholeheartedly.

Personally I would rather not have a rollback as that seems to need yet more downtime but I can understand that people who have been badly affected by the lack of access would prefer that and I'd be willing to put up with it for their sakes.

I think you'd lose a lot of players if there were to be a really long gap between rounds and may of us can't play speedgames because of rl.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 12:42   #126
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

You cannot stop the round without the lemming runs!!!!

hirr is one of the alliances who have the real pa spirit, not about ranks or roids, but fun!!! go hirr
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:09   #127
mykro

mykro is an unknown quantity at this point

im sorry but i really think the end of paX be a bit screwed up, but the end of round mashups are great, u cant steal the last bit of war we can all be bothered to produce, keep playin i say let the peeps who only play for rankin idle and not enoy the last destructive ticks of a phat game!
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:22   #128
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

You obviously don't have any choice: The right thing to do is to roll back the ticks and continue the game.

The results of this poll are pretty much worthless, as anyone can vote in favour of their prefered option. Thus you get retired players, caught cheaters and and sorts of odd respondents.

Xeno
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:26   #129
puff

A rollback would be the most fair thing to do. If it's not possible to rollback I suggest we start ticking again. Ending the round now would be a disaster and would probably be the final nail in the coffin for PA. I enjoy PAX and would like to keep playing.

puff

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:37   #130
Mighty Max

9.5 > *

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:39   #131
Jellinek
Asleep...

Jellinek is an unknown quantity at this point

Ending the game now means that the game cannot be played as intended. Many people have a typical 'the end is near'-strategy, want to get even at the last moment. Roll back and let people finish the game as they want, spend saved resources, sort an attack on that twat who covopped you all round long, etc. Just go on with the 2 weeks of ticks that were planned.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:58   #132
Masterplan

Masterplan is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to rollback more than 2 ticks.
example
i came online at 07:55 when i was meant to be eta 1 to my target still and jpaweb01 was down then.

i'm now eta 6 to home. that indicates at least 3 ticks.
i am all for a rollback. but it needs to be for the right amount of time. and i'm not going to vote until that is fixed
r4: hirr
r5: hirr
starting to see a trend?
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:04   #133
TinyTom

TinyTom is an unknown quantity at this point

Continue ticking
Continue ticking
Continue ticking
Continue ticking
Continue ticking

and hurry to :|
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:13   #134
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

keep playing, you cant end the round with no notice
it just doesnt work
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:21   #135
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

End the round now would be a mistake so destructful, many of us could not comprehend.

1. If rollback can be achieved, do it.
2. If it rollback cant be done before monday morning at the latest, then continue. ( Get some xmas shopping done over the weekend and enjoy the break)
3. Forget about ending the round now. people have paid for this and there is still many wars and battles going on. You must also give at LEAST two weeks notices before ending the round, in order to give alliances the nod to go full battle mode and compete for the final positions. This required an end of round date to be announce 2 days ago!!!
4. Havok over xmas period as per usual as many people have no net acess over xmas or travel home, etc...
5. People I beleive have paid for speedgames? Welcome the new years with them, a few of them. First one for those that have paid, then perhaps few others free for everyone.
6. Beginnng of new year start announcing round 11 plans, feature, marketing, etc..
7. DO SOME ****ING MARKETING!"!!!!!! NOT STUPID ADVERT!
8. As no game design or coding has been done for round 11 yet. I'll just say, for the love of god, get it done, as we cant have speedgames for 3 months after new year. And even concidering just re-running this round again with same game design, code etc.... please dont. Although I fear as nothing is decided yet, this is whats going to happen again. *sigh*

I'll stop here and hope its helps someone.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:26   #136
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
End the round now would be a mistake so destructful, many of us could not comprehend.

1. If rollback can be achieved, do it.
2. If it rollback cant be done before monday morning at the latest, then continue. ( Get some xmas shopping done over the weekend and enjoy the break)
3. Forget about ending the round now. people have paid for this and there is still many wars and battles going on. You must also give at LEAST two weeks notices before ending the round, in order to give alliances the nod to go full battle mode and compete for the final positions. This required an end of round date to be announce 2 days ago!!!
4. Havok over xmas period as per usual as many people have no net acess over xmas or travel home, etc...
5. People I beleive have paid for speedgames? Welcome the new years with them, a few of them. First one for those that have paid, then perhaps few others free for everyone.
6. Beginnng of new year start announcing round 11 plans, feature, marketing, etc..
7. DO SOME ****ING MARKETING!"!!!!!! NOT STUPID ADVERT!

I'll stop here and hope its helps someone.
Agreed, i voted for just continue because they said it would require 'finding' fudge so if rollback is to complicated to organise just start the ticker but give ppl plenty of warning!

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:26   #137
Deviant

Deviant has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Arrow Re: Planetarion Ticker: what happens next

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
You do not dare to stop this round now.

On behalf of every member of hirr I beg you.
We have members who paid for this round, who from start knew they wouldnt play long, and who has been playing/quitting for one single purpose and that is to set all the ships they can muster and let them all crash on some big mofo we dont like, together. It is the event of the round for all of us and we were ripped off when r8 got a sudden end. You can call it whatever you want, but fact remains, we all PAID, confident that we would get the chance to do this together. It is not to exaggurate when I say that 99% of us aim for this day, play completely for this day, and would be seriously ****ing pissed off if you shut the round down now.

Yes this is a 100% serious post.
What i find quite surprising is that you KNOW that PA is not exactly the most stable of things, we try our best, but sometimes accidents happen, and you know this before you pay, so in my opinion having paid or not is irrelavent in this case. You know the risks when you pay, you take the chance. It's simple.

*Addition: Ofcourse PA is nothing without it's paying customers, and i'm sure that the PA crew are extremly grateful, but you have to understand that they can never make a choice that everyone likes, so my saying 'having paid or not' is irrevalvent is true. Hope this clears up what i meant in the above paragraph.

Deviant initiative - join #Deviant
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:34   #138
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Delete closed stuff, tick for rankings, done
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:43   #139
auther pendragon

auther pendragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
Agreed, i voted for just continue because they said it would require 'finding' fudge so if rollback is to complicated to organise just start the ticker but give ppl plenty of warning!
problem with that is that some people lost score / roids /ships ect . due to the game crashing and since we have always done it before to make things fair ,we cant just say bugger them can we ?

plus it was said unofficially ofc that the round would end on the 13th dec some of us have xmas pissups shopping opening pressies ect to do

fairest way inho is clean up the closed planets and declare this round at an end
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 14:47   #140
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by auther pendragon
problem with that is that some people lost score / roids /ships ect . due to the game crashing and since we have always done it before to make things fair ,we cant just say bugger them can we ?
thats why try to do rollbackm if it cant be done in reasonable timeframe just start the ticker again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auther pendragon
plus it was said unofficially ofc that the round would end on the 13th dec some of us have xmas pissups shopping opening pressies ect to do
theres needs to be an official end given at least a week in advance, if they stop the round cos of a server f*** up we get another 'r8' situation which will damage pa more

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 15:01   #141
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

on further thought at least 72hrs plus ticking are needed for the obligatory alliance hoppig to take place to ensure the right alliance wins

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 15:03   #142
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

also anyone claiming to have lost ships roids in the 2 lost ticks can talk to pa team to have them replaced thus removing the need for a rollback

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 15:06   #143
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Why should we rollback?

Some people have lost ships and/or roids they shouldn't have lost. Some people have gained ar are now in a position to gain roids they shouldn't have gained.

Just replacing ships thet have been lost during the last 2 ticks isn't really enough as some that were lucky enough to launch attacks just before the game became unaccessible are now facing easy roids they shouldn't get.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 15:15   #144
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurragutten
Why should we rollback?

Some people have lost ships and/or roids they shouldn't have lost. Some people have gained ar are now in a position to gain roids they shouldn't have gained.

Just replacing ships thet have been lost during the last 2 ticks isn't really enough as some that were lucky enough to launch attacks just before the game became unaccessible are now facing easy roids they shouldn't get.

but if its going to be a lot of hassle and hard tro contact fudge we should just go on.

and btw i have nothing to gain from rollback or no rollback

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 15:51   #145
Affen

Affen is an unknown quantity at this point

End the round in a ddecent way! Not because some server went down... There must be some professionalism left ?
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:04   #146
ase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_So-Low
I would agree with dabult, lots of people probably want that ending that is expected. Also if you want the round to end then obviously you don't like playing planetarion at the moment. Most of you have said this round has screwed up way too much anyway, so if you want the round to end...end it yourselves by quitting now and come back in Round 11 and let us idiots who want to keep playing this round, kill your planets ships and take your planets roids. You will still get your havoc, you'll just have to wait an extra week or two.(like expected)
heh, i aggree with that all the way if you want to quit then do so but i personally want to finish the round

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:04   #147
Vladimir
Cat+toast=hovercat

Vladimir is an unknown quantity at this point

How about, Finish round now then give us a month or so of Havoc? Havoc is sooo much fun
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:05   #148
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_R
]A few things for the people who make the decision to think about:
Go Andy!!
...and don't you dare to ruin The Run!
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:37   #149
SeeN

SeeN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ending the round like this with no pre-warning is bullshit!

I am sure Eclipse and the people in the top gal think this is a very good idea, but that is not how to end a round.

There is still much to be done and like I said to the hooker last night: I didnt pay to get stopped before I was done.

<edit>typo</edit>

Last edited by SeeN; 13 Dec 2003 at 16:58.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 16:40   #150
gunho

What i find quite surprising is that you KNOW that PA is not exactly the most stable of things, we try our best, but sometimes accidents happen, and you know this before you pay, so in my opinion having paid or not is irrelavent in this case. You know the risks when you pay, you take the chance. It's simple. (we dont pay pa folds up.. i wonder if i can get refund from my visa card. because the goods being faulty(pa). i will be thinking of having a look at it, then if everybody did the same. they would have to do things properly,, tick dam it tick

Closed Thread