User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Sep 2003, 11:01   #1
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow ugly spiders

In my search for a Jumping spider that erm Jumped at me about 7 minutes ago (yes, jumped a tad as well, as i was not expecting the damn thing to do that. ) i came accross some UGLY spiders.

http://www.americanarachnology.org/H...y/ummidia.html
http://www.americanarachnology.org/H...neus_pima.html

well this one isn't too ugly. almost cute looking. like its smiling.

http://www.americanarachnology.org/H...olinensis.html

BTW, i have an agreement with spiders. they are allowed in my house as long the don't enter my personal space... though many break the agreement and die a quick and painless death. mmmmmm death.
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 11:44   #2
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
i thought all spiders could jump
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 11:48   #3
Elfhelm
Polar Bear

Elfhelm is an unknown quantity at this point
If you kill all the ones that you see, the only ones left will be the ones that don't see. They are coming for you in your sleep!
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 12:00   #4
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Elfhelm
If you kill all the ones that you see, the only ones left will be the ones that don't see. They are coming for you in your sleep!
They already do. On average a person will eat 8 spiders in his sleep during his lifetime.

Yummy.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 12:03   #5
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn
They already do. On average a person will eat 8 spiders in his sleep during his lifetime.

Yummy.

FROM NOW ON, I SLEEP FACE DOWN
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 12:30   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
However when it comes to smaller spiders I discourage killing them based on the logic of natural selection. IE if I killed all the spiders I saw the only ones left would be the invincible spiders.
Yeah, I thought that too and stopped killing every spider I saw.
After about 2 months my room was being overrun by them. It even got to the stage that they were eating each other because there weren't enough insects to go around.

So now I'm back to my "If it has 8 legs kill it" policy.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 12:37   #7
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
I usually leave them to eat the other insects.

Last night however I was forced to slice one up with a CD when it crawled into my bath towel, then insisted on repeatedly charging at my feet when I shook it onto the floor.

Silly thing.
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 12:54   #8
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn
Last time somebody claimed that on here, it was 5 spiders. The time before that it was 3.

On each occasion there was a jolly old argument about where the information came from.

Anyway, the truth of it be here.
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 13:43   #9
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Last time somebody claimed that on here, it was 5 spiders. The time before that it was 3.

On each occasion there was a jolly old argument about where the information came from.

Anyway, the truth of it be here.
Perhaps the fact that it is false is in fact the made-up fact. After all it is a fact that is being stated on the internet, and as this website suggests, these are generally false....
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 14:14   #10
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by HAL-9000
Perhaps the fact that it is false is in fact the made-up fact. After all it is a fact that is being stated on the internet, and as this website suggests, these are generally false....
lol, good point

The two things spiders hate most (apart from de-legging ofc) are breezes and damp, so they're not very likely to sneak into your drool-filled snoring tube.
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 14:36   #11
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
the best(cruel) thing to do with spiders is find as many as u can, stick them all in a small box together

and

watch

(u may have to prod them with sticks 1st to get them angry)
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 16:29   #12
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathjam
(u may have to prod them with sticks 1st to get them angry)
Spray them with a mister. OOOOOH they'll LIKE that.
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 16:36   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I hate spiders, but i hate insects more. And since i live in a country where all the spiders i see are small, i don't kill them, but let them take down the nasty insects instead.

They are soo tiny here. That's the best thing about norway, the small insects/spiders/bugs.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 16:40   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Kill them all. They are creatures of Satan.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 16:43   #15
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My cat loves em

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 16:48   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Loves them in an invite them round for tea parties kind of way or loves them in a "mmmm..... how yummy" kind of way?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote