User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 7 Jun 2007, 22:41   #1
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice
[-SPQR-] - Round XXII Recruitment

[-SPQR-] is back for round XXII, and we are actively looking for members. Round XXI saw us set a respectable core of dedicated members. We are now looking to expand beyond our previous limits.

[-SPQR-] has been officially playing for 5 rounds now, finishing 17th in round XVII, 20th in round XVIII, 15th in round XX, and 17th in round XXI.

Round XXII will see [-SPQR-] playing again, in a spirit that has always been ours. SPQR is a family, and all members are treated equally. We have made it a goal for ourselves to be an alliance where people can actually be trusted, and trust each other. Beyond the game, there is a friendly spirit that is ours, and which makes people return to us.

The main reasons why you would want to join us are:
  • we do daily raids, and have now enhanced home-made tools to help with attacks and defence
  • we are always having fun and we play for entertainment
  • we have a core of several well-experimented players, we are always ready to help new/returning players
  • we are not requiring a lot from members - only being active and being IRC active is essential
  • we are a strong mid range alliance that won't require you to be a hardcore player, but we will provide you with a great in-game and out-game environment
We always accepted new players and often those who joined late in the round, and we are sure to do so again. The ambition and commitment which was consistently shown by our members throughout the previous round is the sole reason why we’ve progressed from a barely top-30 alliance to a growing contender in the ranks of PA.

The name [-SPQR-] has gained respect through our previous good rounds, and we clearly intent to show that this respect is well deserved. Being ranked 15th throughout the whole of round XX is a guarantee of quality, and we are sure to maintain that quality over time.

What we will guarantee constantly through the round:
  • Organised daily raids to ensure your growth.
  • An even balance between attack and defence to ensure we gain new roids and actually keep them.
  • A fun and experienced player core dedicated to aid your advancement of the game.
  • A dedicated officer team to help you grow and progress as a player, and to help you learn more of the game.

Drop by in #spartans anytime for a chat about either recruitment, to ask any questions or just to see what we’re about. Everyone is welcome there, so we hope to see you too!
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 07:17   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: [-SPQR-] - Round XXII Recruitment

I've always wanted to ask why the public channel of the alliance named with the initialism of Senatus populusque Romanus called "spartans".
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 09:28   #3
DeVille
Alba Go Brach

DeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura about

I refer you to the answer given last round.
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 09:45   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

With the same trouble you refered me to it, you could have just linked me to it.
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 10:42   #5
DeVille
Alba Go Brach

DeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura aboutDeVille has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, its just that every time our recruitment post goes up, someone posts this same question. When we started SPQR, we were creating channels that needed names, I think spartans may have been one of the candidate names for the alliance and it was used for a channel name. The only link I know of historicaly the Spartans were allied to the Republican Romans for a short period of time and also I have wargames armies of both.

Last edited by DeVille; 8 Jun 2007 at 11:28.
DeVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 22:17   #6
Belly
Abuser of Devlin

Belly is an unknown quantity at this point

GL Spooky and the gang!
bit of an early thread......
found yourself with lots of free time you dont know what to do with eh?
Belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 22:52   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Good luck chaps!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 10:49   #8
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

LOL Belly and thanks all.

Yeah, early thread indeed, I guess I wanted to have it more visible than it has been in the past.

For the fun, spartans can also be seen as "Spartalee Partisans" as he is the original founder of SPQR
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 03:04   #9
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Good to see you guys are still alive and kicking, good luck

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 09:12   #10
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

best of luck to you all

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 09:37   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
For the fun, spartans can also be seen as "Spartalee Partisans" as he is the original founder of SPQR
Oh, really? I thought that the origins of it are widely unknown, and it's just something that appeared in use in the Roman empire. Always learning something new, though. Got any source to cite for more reading about the origin of SPQR or this Spartalee Partisans guy? A google search only finds this thread. Does this mean this guy also found the first Roman republic's government? Or is it some more modern instance using the same initials SPQR?
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 09:42   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Oh, really? I thought that the origins of it are widely unknown, and it's just something that appeared in use in the Roman empire. Always learning something new, though. Got any source to cite for more reading about the origin of SPQR or this Spartalee Partisans guy? A google search only finds this thread. Does this mean this guy also found the first Roman republic's government? Or is it some more modern instance using the same initials SPQR?
He means the founder of the alliance you tool.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 10:01   #13
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Lol

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 11:36   #14
Slayerized
Drinker Of Beer

Slayerized is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
That made me physically laugh out loud. Will have to tell Spart about that lol.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 11:49   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I was already wondering!
Unread 18 Jun 2007, 01:10   #16
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

Some of you may well remember Shek, who is Spartalee's father actually

Without them we wouldn't be here today. Shek is apparently not playing anymore???

I owe myself a lot to Spartalee, and to Deville, tabs, Killa, ..., and so many others...

Thanks all for wishes, and good luck to you all!
Unread 24 Jun 2007, 12:13   #17
Stoner Rebels

Stoner Rebels is an unknown quantity at this point

returning since a long time to PA.
Looking for a fun alliance, with no bullocks seems SQPR fit for the deal

if interested, id like to join.

you probably know how to contact me, right?