User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 May 2003, 16:51   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Premiership - Its all over for another season

Van Nistelrooy wins the golden boot with 25
Blackburn get the UEFA cup spot (Well played JC)
Chelsea get the final Champions League spot
WEST HAM ARE RELEGATED (and they deserve it)

Thoughts?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 16:57   #2
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Mike ****ing Riley is a disgrace.
Unread 11 May 2003, 16:59   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
well, Liverpool are financially ****ed now. Someone will realistically have to leave, cant think who though.

Chelsea will not make it through to the 2nd Group stage (if they make it to the first)

Van penaltybox. How many of the 25 have been spot kicks?

Blackburn prolly deserve it. Theyve been overlooked and overshadowed, now the media has to eat its hat, cause Rooney wont be in europe next season.

And poor old Trevor Brooking and West Ham. A great side is going to break up, and scatter round the premiership.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 16:59   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
1 Man Utd 38 40 83
2 Arsenal 38 43 78
3 Newcastle 38 15 68
4 Chelsea 38 31 67
5 Liverpool 38 20 64
6 Blackburn 38 9 60

Back with the big boys were we belong!!

\o\ \o/ /o/

Just wish i had gone down to the game :/.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:00   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
Mike ****ing Riley is a disgrace.

Agreed. Hes the most disgraceful referee ever, and the number of penalties he has given to Man United is unbelievable
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:04   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
well, Liverpool are financially ****ed now. Someone will realistically have to leave, cant think who though.

Half the first team squad was going to be sold anyway for being unbelivably **** this season

And poor old Trevor Brooking and West Ham. A great side is going to break up, and scatter round the premiership.

I feel no sympathy for West Ham. They sacked Harry Redknapp, the best manager theyve had in 25 years, and a man with Claret and Blue in his veins. He will wave as they pass them on the way up, and ill be applauding him all the way. Its the same reason i cant criticise Frank Lampard for leaving Upton Park to join Chelsea. If my family members were **** upon like that by my employers , i sure as hell wouldnt want to stay there.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:05   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
How many penalties has van Nistelrooy scored this season?

I'm pleased to see Blackburn get that spot, just so Everton don't. (Although why is that 'well played JC'?)

I wasn't really bothered who got that final Champion's League spot, but Liverpool kind of deserve it for making such **** signings. Perhaps Biscan, Traore, etc. can go now.

West Ham hardly deserve to be relegated on 42 points. That would normally be easy safety.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:07   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
(Although why is that 'well played JC'?)

My support, shouting and tactical advice has pushed the team to new heights, without me they would be nothing!
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:08   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
My support, shouting and tactical advice has pushed the team to new heights, without me they would be nothing!
Ah I see. I thought you might actually be Brad Friedel without me knowing!
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:08   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
well, now an exciting young side will be split up, and therell be less entertainment in the premiership

If Bolton woulda gone down, someone coulda signed Okocha and a couple of others, and thered have been no loss. Now we are starved of Cole, Defoe and co.

Unread 11 May 2003, 17:09   #11
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:

Diouf, Traore, 1 of the keepers. Hopefully it wont be enough to fund an offer for Duff, although i fear he may be at Man UTD come the beginning of next season .
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:14   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:

Now we are starved of Cole, Defoe and co.
I assume they will be bought by somebody. Cole anyway, probably Defoe.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:15   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
well, now an exciting young side will be split up, and therell be less entertainment in the premiership

If Bolton woulda gone down, someone coulda signed Okocha and a couple of others, and thered have been no loss. Now we are starved of Cole, Defoe and co.

We wont be starved of Cole , Defoe , Carrick & Co , theyll still be in the premiership next year, just not with West Ham. Di Canio will still be around at Pompey , and James will be in the premiership , and the remaining squad members (Dailly , Pearce , Lomas , Ferdinand) are no great loss to the Premiership.

Kanoute will go back to France hopefully.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:16   #14
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Hopefully it wont be enough to fund an offer for Duff, although i fear he may be at Man UTD come the beginning of next season .
I have to wonder where Man Utd would fit Duff into their team. I'd like to see him stay at Blackburn actually.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:17   #15
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: The Premiership - Its all over for another season

THANK F*CK!!
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:26   #16
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC and then Kurashima in different words
I assume they will be bought by somebody. Cole anyway, probably Defoe.
Yes, i know, i already said this.

All it means is one out of every four teams will have one new good player. Thats not comparable to the entertainment west ham provide.

Unread 11 May 2003, 17:32   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Yes, i know, i already said this.

All it means is one out of every four teams will have one new good player. Thats not comparable to the entertainment west ham provide.
West Ham provide great entertainment .... in the newspapers every day when theyre all slagging off their team mates and the management.

They did not deserve to stay up. Off the pitch, they were arrogant , conceited , and felt that they had the right to be a premiership team. They didnt. And now theyre gone.

And about your other point on Van Nistelrooy's penalties. A penalty is not a guaranteed goal. Just ask Michael Owen.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:34   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

It is a likely goal though.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:42   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
It is a likely goal though.
I wonder if anyone can come up with the stats of Penalties Scored/Missed in the premiership this season . I sense it might show that the lowest percentage of penalties scored for about 25 years were scored this season.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:45   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

its a free shot at a goal, where even if you tell the keeper what side you are gonna shoot at, you should still score.

Penalty kick competitions are different, much more tense.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is perhaps the most overrated player in the world right now

Unread 11 May 2003, 17:47   #21
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
well, Liverpool are financially ****ed now.
didn't your chairman say last week that the financial situation was good even if you didn't make it into the CL and you would be bringing in some new players in the summer regardless...?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:48   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
didn't your chairman say last week that the financial situation was good even if you didn't make it into the CL and you would be bringing in some new players in the summer regardless...?
He did indeed say that funds were available for summer signings.

And they can still fund purchases by getting rid of some of the god-awful members of the squad too.

****ed we aren't.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:49   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
Didnt hear this.
Then again, i dont claim to be a liverpool fan, merely a follower. Im a glasgow Celtic man myself, just by association i tend to be quite partial to liverpool

Unread 11 May 2003, 17:50   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
its a free shot at a goal, where even if you tell the keeper what side you are gonna shoot at, you should still score.

Penalty kick competitions are different, much more tense.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is perhaps the most overrated player in the world right now
That statement is complete and utter bollocks.

45 goals in a season for Manchester United is an achievement which is historic and worth respecting. The most overrated player in the premiership right now is more than likely from Merseyside, thought im unable to split the one from the blue side from the one from the red side.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:51   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Rooney isn't overrated; he's shown great promise in the games he's played.

There's a difference between hyping someone and overrating them, he could prove the hype wrong or right yet.

I assume we were talking him?
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:54   #26
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
45 goals in a season for Manchester United is an achievement which is historic and worth respecting.
Yeah but the only reason he scored so many is because he's played less games than Henry!
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:54   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Rooney isn't overrated; he's shown great promise in the games he's played.

There's a difference between hyping someone and overrating them, he could prove the hype wrong or right yet.

I assume we were talking him?

Hes being touted as a great "Striker" .... its bloody obvious hes a great "Forward" ... he will create a lot more than he scores with how he plays.

And the other "Overrated" player on Merseyside is a certain England striker who still survives on the reputation of a goal scored in the World Cup 5 years ago, and whos terrible form mid season probably cost liverpool their CL spot, not to mention their Premiership hopes.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:55   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
That statement is complete and utter bollocks.

45 goals in a season for Manchester United is an achievement which is historic and worth respecting. The most overrated player in the premiership right now is more than likely from Merseyside, thought im unable to split the one from the blue side from the one from the red side.
How many penalties?

How many goals from inside 6 yards?

How many goals that couldnt have been scored by any half decent striker?

The answers you are looking for are ****loads, most of the rest, and three or four.

Also, although Owen is incredibly overrated, since liverpools bad run i havent heard a good word from the media about any liverpool player.

By virtue of being in the England squad over Beattie, Rooney is overrated imho.

Unread 11 May 2003, 17:56   #29
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I personally never fully understood what people think is fabulous about Michael Owen.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:56   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Hes being touted as a great "Striker" .... its bloody obvious hes a great "Forward" ... he will create a lot more than he scores with how he plays.

And the other "Overrated" player on Merseyside is a certain England striker who still survives on the reputation of a goal scored in the World Cup 5 years ago, and whos terrible form mid season probably cost liverpool their CL spot, not to mention their Premiership hopes.
I challenge you to show me one Liverpool supporter, hell anyone who has heard of the game, who thinks that Owen has been anything other than utter crap for the most part of this season.

If he's not rated at all, overrating him seems difficult.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:56   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Yeah but the only reason he scored so many is because he's played less games than Henry!

I wish they still did "Colemanballs" ... so much of what Arsene has said this year would be in there.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:57   #32
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

5 from 20 or so games (albeit many substitute performances) isn't great for a striker. Rooney is overrated.
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:57   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
I wish they still did "Colemanballs" ... so much of what Arsene has said this year would be in there.
they do, i have a copy from christmas, so unless they have stopped since then..

Unread 11 May 2003, 17:57   #34
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
5 from 20 or so games (albeit many substitute performances) isn't great for a striker. Rooney is overrated.
How old is he?
Unread 11 May 2003, 17:58   #35
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
How many penalties?

Do you even understand the concept of a "Striker" Deffeh?

How many goals inside the 6 yard box this season has Larsson scored?
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:00   #36
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

you wont hear any denial from anyone who knows anything that Rooney has a hell of a lot of potential to become a great player.

However, the way the media are portraying him makes Pele look like Dave Smith the burly centreforward for Pubcrawl United.

ROONEY! ROONEY! the wonder boy does it again! Hes in the england squad on the merit of 5 goals, and hes being heralded as the saviour of english football.

Unread 11 May 2003, 18:00   #37
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I have to wonder where Man Utd would fit Duff into their team. I'd like to see him stay at Blackburn actually.
If it comes it will probably be a straight swap for Giggs. In todays market Giggs would probably go for a bit more than it well cost for Duff, leaving Ferguson some change to shop for Ronaldhino, Kluivert, etc.

Personaly I'd like to see him stay at Blackburn, as Ferguson will probably work it like he did with Keane, leading to another class player off our national team.
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:01   #38
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/t...r=2002&cc=5739

19 goals in a season isn't terrible.
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:01   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
ROONEY! ROONEY! the wonder boy does it again! Hes in the england squad on the merit of 5 goals, and hes being heralded as the saviour of english football.
Even if he doesn't live up to expectations, the psychological effects on the team, fans and opposition aren't to be underestimated.
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:02   #40
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Do you even understand the concept of a "Striker" Deffeh?

How many goals inside the 6 yard box this season has Larsson scored?
Quite a few, often leaving people dead on the ground.

Difference is Larsson has Sylla, Guppy, Lennon etc behind him whereas Ruud has Becks, giggs, veron and scholes.

I maintain i could probably hit 15+ goals playing upfront for man utd if i was allowed to hit the penalties, and becks was behind me.

Unread 11 May 2003, 18:03   #41
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
How many penalties?

How many goals that couldnt have been scored by any half decent striker?

The answers you are looking for are ****loads, most of the rest, and three or four.

Also, although Owen is incredibly overrated, since liverpools bad run i havent heard a good word from the media about any liverpool player.

By virtue of being in the England squad over Beattie, Rooney is overrated imho.
Then why was nt Cole getting 45goals a season? (Because he's **** lolol, he was good at Newcastle though!). Yet again, I will say, 12goals in 9games in Europe. Knock him all you want, he scored 3goals against charlton, all inside the penalty box and all bloody good(I suppose his shot on the turn is "Crap" and "Easy" now because it was only 8yards or so out).
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:03   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Even if he doesn't live up to expectations, the psychological effects on the team, fans and opposition aren't to be underestimated.

thats a different point than whether he is overrated or not.

Unread 11 May 2003, 18:05   #43
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
thats a different point than whether he is overrated or not.
How can you overrate someone who hasn't had enough time to show his full potential?

He's been hyped; nothing more.
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:06   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Haer
Then why was nt Cole getting 45goals a season? (Because he's **** lolol, he was good at Newcastle though!). Yet again, I will say, 12goals in 9games in Europe. Knock him all you want, he scored 3goals against charlton, all inside the penalty box and all bloody good(I suppose his shot on the turn is "Crap" and "Easy" now because it was only 8yards or so out).

5 yards, if your lucky. It was a strikers goal, well taken - i dont exactly expect him to take it outside the box and lob the keeper. It wasnt spectacular though, nor even "amazing", and ill have forgotten it by the itme next season starts most likely.

His third goal was good, but he wouldnt have got the chance if Beckham hadnt played the ball to the very blade of grass in front of his foot - which by the way, the commentators didnt credit.

Unread 11 May 2003, 18:07   #45
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Erkenbrand
If it comes it will probably be a straight swap for Giggs. In todays market Giggs would probably go for a bit more than it well cost for Duff, leaving Ferguson some change to shop for Ronaldhino, Kluivert, etc.

Personaly I'd like to see him stay at Blackburn, as Ferguson will probably work it like he did with Keane, leading to another class player off our national team.
Ferguson wont sell Giggs. Duff would be a squad player rotated in for Giggs who would sometimes play up front, and sometimes be rested. In all honesty, I think United will get Kewell, who can be picked up for ~£8million, and is easily as good as Duff. It has to be said, that United being linked with them is more out of them being good available players than United needing them(Giggs is better than both).

1 defender, 1 central midfielder and 1 striker is what we need.
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:08   #46
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
How can you overrate someone who hasn't had enough time to show his full potential?

He's been hyped; nothing more.
thats nearly exactly the same thing. Picking him in the england starting 11 = overrating him.

Unread 11 May 2003, 18:09   #47
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
You need more than one defender.

Silvestre and Brown don't cut it.
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:09   #48
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Ferguson wont sell Giggs. Duff would be a squad player rotated in for Giggs who would sometimes play up front, and sometimes be rested. In all honesty, I think United will get Kewell, who can be picked up for ~£8million, and is easily as good as Duff. It has to be said, that United being linked with them is more out of them being good available players than United needing them(Giggs is better than both).

The defender and the central mid indeed, but i hope you meant "forward" by striker.

Unread 11 May 2003, 18:09   #49
Haer
Aquafresh

Quote:
5 yards, if your lucky. It was a strikers goal, well taken - i dont exactly expect him to take it outside the box and lob the keeper. It wasnt spectacular though, nor even "amazing", and ill have forgotten it by the itme next season starts most likely.

His third goal was good, but he wouldnt have got the chance if Beckham hadnt played the ball to the very blade of grass in front of his foot - which by the way, the commentators didnt credit.
It was out side the 6yard box for a start. It was a good goal nonetheless. Who cares if it was nt a 25yard drive. It was a goal. He scored a hat trick. Thats what a striker should do. Yes, he has a good midfield behind him, but so what? You can make anything sound easy. I mean, all beckham has to do it kick a ball to Van nistelrooy. Easy right? RvN is the best striker in the world. 45 goals in a season, thats unheard of. You seem to be the only one who does nt see the mans undeniable quality.
Unread 11 May 2003, 18:11   #50
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Quote:
You seem to be the only one who does nt see the mans undeniable quality.
I don't either!