User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Jul 2003, 22:14   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Iranian Asylum Seeker Sews Up Face

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3052424.stm

Not another ****ing one.

Look , is this some kind of Arab "Statement"? ... i mean , i dont claim to understand Arab cultures, so i have to assume that sewing up your eyes , ears , nose and mouth is some kind of statement within Islamic Culture.

Its in no way an attempt by those who illegally enter the country to gain an extended stay or, heaven forbid, influence their asylum case , right?

The last guy was allowed to stay,but he had already won his case. This one however appears to have pretty much nothing at all in his favour for the case, and wants to tilt the scales a little.

Let him lay there until hes deported. I dont see any reason why someone should be allowed to stay in the country simply because he indulges in self-harm to "Make a statement" because hes going to lose his case.

If this extends to other realms. imagine the consequences.

"Im sorry your honour. Even though weve found this man guilty of murder, we cant imprison him because hes sewn his eyes and lips shut. We will have to Re-Try the case based on this new development"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 22:21   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Some people will do anything to avoid the in flight meals on Air Iran

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 22:30   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
I was going to post "old", or words to that effect, until I read Kura's post :/

My faith in Kura is restored.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 22:47   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
you shouldn't laugh.

not if you've sewn your face up, it'll bleed
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 09:46   #5
bink

Re: Iranian Asylum Seeker Sews Up Face

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima

Look , is this some kind of Arab "Statement"? ... i mean , i dont claim to understand Arab cultures, so i have to assume that sewing up your eyes , ears , nose and mouth is some kind of statement within Islamic Culture.
He's a Kurd, not an arab, and being from Iran, he's probably a shiite. This self torture and self sacrifice to make a 'statement' is traditionally a very Shiite thing (something dating back to the original schism in Islam 12 centuries ago), but one that sunni groups have started to emulate in recent years, with great impact (Hamas, Al Quaida).

I think people like him don't understand that deranged conduct like this is exactly the reason why 'we' want to limit the number of people like him who enter our society. Would you really want freaks like this on the loose, doing god knows what every time they don't get their way?
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 11:41   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
If I had my way, he would be shot, publically.

This country is far too fall of you liberal pussyholes, give me the power that Stalin once had and I'll see that its put to good use.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 11:45   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Iranian Asylum Seeker Sews Up Face

Quote:
Originally posted by bink
This self torture and self sacrifice to make a 'statement' is traditionally a very Shi(i)te thing
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 12:11   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Bag o Shiite

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 16:10   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Why aren't we told why his case was rejected? We can't make any judgment one way or another as a result.

The whole article was pretty useless and sensationalist.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 23:27   #10
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
Some people will do anything to avoid the in flight meals on Air Iran

Vaio

So sue me, I laughed.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 23:31   #11
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Them Siamese twins should have tried doing this. Then maybe they wouldn't be dead now.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 23:36   #12
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Death or Deportation, either is suitable.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 10:02   #13
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
what I don't get is this bit:

Last May, an Iranian Kurdish man living in Nottingham - Abas Amini, 33 - made the same protest but also went on hunger strike.

how did the new guy sew up his face and not go on hunger strike? is he planning to force baby food up his nose?

Unread 9 Jul 2003, 10:12   #14
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
what I don't get is this bit:

Last May, an Iranian Kurdish man living in Nottingham - Abas Amini, 33 - made the same protest but also went on hunger strike.

how did the new guy sew up his face and not go on hunger strike? is he planning to force baby food up his nose?
Maybe he's using a straw, or maybe he is an idiot
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 10:13   #15
Radical Edward

I reckon someone should kick him in the balls.

Unread 9 Jul 2003, 13:40   #16
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
like we're going to let people who sew up their faces live in our country fs.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 13:53   #17
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Sewing up pieces of the anatomy appears to be a common passtime in certain islamic circles.
At least this one had the decency to do it to his own face instead of his daughter's ****.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 14:01   #18
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
I reckon someone should kick him in the balls.
I sense i shouldn't have laughed at that

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 15:05   #19
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
I sense i shouldn't have laughed at that
i laughed. It was funny.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 15:40   #20
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Well if his eyes are sewn shut just sit the wanker on a eurostar and deport his arse to France.....I mean he wont exactly be able to see the change in scenery or ID the people who did it .
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote