User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2003, 04:29   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Mad Cow hits Canada

http://sympatico.globeandmail.com/se...ympatico-front

Unread 21 May 2003, 06:57   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Could be worse, it could be foot-and-mouth, and you could have a country-side full of pyres of burning cattle stinking everything out and have your farmers topping themselves, and tourists being denied access to areas that rely on tourism to get through the year financially, and then, later, foreiginers not wanting to visit "just in case" etc.
Unread 21 May 2003, 07:00   #3
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in a clean country.

yay me.
Unread 21 May 2003, 07:01   #4
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Could be worse, it could be foot-and-mouth, and you could have a country-side full of pyres of burning cattle stinking everything out and have your farmers topping themselves, and tourists being denied access to areas that rely on tourism to get through the year financially, and then, later, foreiginers not wanting to visit "just in case" etc.
Foot-and-mouth doesn't kill people though.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 07:03   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Foot-and-mouth doesn't kill people though.
Not directly, but its a far worse scenario.

edit: i've changed my mind, ignore me.
Unread 21 May 2003, 07:30   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I wouldn't worry about it. cases of new variant CJD have been decreasing in the UK for the past couple of years, and they think there will only be another 40-50 cases. Furthermore, all people who got nvCJD are in one genetic group, and so it will not affect that many people. of course it is a problem for the herd, but no reason to not eat lovely juicy steaks.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 16:29   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

The title came across as if the cow was a projectile that had been launced somehow at Canada. (A new threat to world peace and security, perhaps?)

Anyway. It's all a nasty business. Aparently government is a bit shaky about it still. Aparently they have contingency plans regaring mass social upheval as a result of this being much worse than they thought (I.E, with an incubation period of decades, and it being much more widespread.). So sayeth some of my contacts in the higher civil service.

Nasteh!

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 21 May 2003 at 16:35.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 16:31   #8
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
just one of the many reasons why I don't eat at McDonalds.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 16:37   #9
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I only buy chicken from McDonalds.

Unread 21 May 2003, 17:09   #10
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
So thats why all Canadians trying hurry up and move to England.
"Mad cow" is just not enough for 'em, they want some foot-and-mouth desease as well.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 17:19   #11
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Speaking of mad cows!
Unread 21 May 2003, 17:29   #12
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
I only buy chicken from McDonalds.

Seriously mate, you're probably safer with the beef.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 17:40   #13
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I happen to like compacted sawdust, mouse ****, and leftover scraggy bits that were too bad to sell as economy chicken drumsticks.

So there!
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:33   #14
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
The title came across as if the cow was a projectile that had been launced somehow at Canada. (A new threat to world peace and security, perhaps?)
I had visions of a giant Thatcher handbagging it.
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:35   #15
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
m00000000000 m000 m000 m00 m00000000000000000000000 m00000 m000 m000000000000 m00 m00 m000
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:43   #16
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
i had steak today

in celebration

and cos i fancied steak
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:44   #17
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
I too had steak today.

Steak baguettes. YUM YUM
Unread 21 May 2003, 21:57   #18
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
oi
i thought it was a joke when i saw this thread last night.
then i saw it in the paper today :\
Unread 22 May 2003, 07:17   #19
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
oi
i thought it was a joke when i saw this thread last night.
then i saw it in the paper today :\