User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 00:27   #1
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
So whose preordered CM4 then?

/me just has. It shall land on my doorstep friday morning.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 00:34   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Pre-Ordered from Amazon.Com for £24.99 when they were promising an October release date.

Pre-Order remains active, and i too anticipate it waiting for me when i return from work on Friday.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 00:36   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
oo err

i shall, i shall.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 00:41   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
i'll walk into town friday morning and hopefully pick up a copy, even if it is gonna contain the 'get any player you want for free' bug

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 00:42   #5
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
It plays like **** on my PC.

And I don't like it.
It's all new and shiny and stuff.
And the player stats are odd.
Basically I will endevour to get a copy off of my friend.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 00:42   #6
Freakozoid
Anon.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
i'll walk into town friday morning and hopefully pick up a copy, even if it is gonna contain the 'get any player you want for free' bug

which bug is that ?
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 00:53   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
offer v. large amount to get club to accept, when contract negotiation screen comes up go to news (via the sidebar NOT via the back button) and cancel off then reoffer £0 then use the back button to get back to contract screen and offer wages he'll accept

that's more or less how it's done i think
check sigames forum for thread about it
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 01:08   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
offer v. large amount to get club to accept, when contract negotiation screen comes up go to news (via the sidebar NOT via the back button) and cancel off then reoffer £0 then use the back button to get back to contract screen and offer wages he'll accept

that's more or less how it's done i think
check sigames forum for thread about it

thats 00/01

it doesnt work for 01/02. However , since 01/02 has so many "Cheat" greek players who cost buttons to buy , its just the same.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 01:09   #9
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
24.99 from game.uk.com
although £5 delivery :/
still, overall it looks ace, and besides, i'll never get that excited over doncaster rovers in real life, so...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 01:11   #10
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
thats 00/01

it doesnt work for 01/02. However , since 01/02 has so many "Cheat" greek players who cost buttons to buy , its just the same.
they removed it from 01/02 but it's back in CM4 which was kinda what i was talking about...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 01:18   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
they removed it from 01/02 but it's back in CM4 which was kinda what i was talking about...
beta demo, or recent gold one ?
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 01:20   #12
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
i've not tried it but works in the gold apparently
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 02:36   #13
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
The gold demo it works in, doesn't in the beta though they will supposedly fix it in the patch that will be out on friday along with the injuries bug and hopefully the random score changes but they can't seem to find out what causes that. I am slightly regretting my pre order.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 03:01   #14
CornholeGrease

And... what the hell is CM4?
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 03:06   #15
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
ok, I'm not in the UK...which, as far as I can tell, is pretty much the only place this game seems to be(I'm likely wrong, but I've never seen it here). So, please help me, and other like me, to fully understand.....is it just a soccer game? like fifa 2003 et al? or am I on the wrong track here...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 06:06   #16
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Quote:
24.99 from game.uk.com
although £5 delivery :/
still, overall it looks ace, and besides, i'll never get that excited over doncaster rovers in real life, so...
should have got it from amazon liek me and kurashima, £24.99 and about £1.50 delivery.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 07:03   #17
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone who finds that game either interesting or fun should be shot.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 07:13   #18
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Anyone who finds that game either interesting or fun should be shot.
some might say that is rather ironic considering you posted that on a planetarion message board and therefore its not unreasonable to assume you must have played the game at some point...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 08:52   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
ok, I'm not in the UK...which, as far as I can tell, is pretty much the only place this game seems to be(I'm likely wrong, but I've never seen it here). So, please help me, and other like me, to fully understand.....is it just a soccer game? like fifa 2003 et al? or am I on the wrong track here...
It's a football management game. Until this edition, the only match reporting was a stream of text.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 09:44   #20
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
some might say that is rather ironic considering you posted that on a planetarion message board and therefore its not unreasonable to assume you must have played the game at some point...
I have played it, hence I am able to say its utter ****.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 13:34   #21
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
should have got it from amazon liek me and kurashima, £24.99 and about £1.50 delivery.
1.50 delivery option was 1-3 days. I am not waiting till monday/tue/wed ta.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 13:37   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Just done it.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:07   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Ordered it through game in dublin on saturday, my copy is arriving on friday evening (hopefully).
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:10   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

BGay plays CM?

You're less of a homofag than I had thought.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:12   #25
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:
1.50 delivery option was 1-3 days. I am not waiting till monday/tue/wed ta.
the only option available was first class (1-2 business days)

better than paying £5...
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:14   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
BGay plays CM?

You're less of a homofag than I had thought.

Your disappointment is clear by the expression on your face. And for the last time I was confused and young.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:22   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
I was confused and young.
You still are!
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:24   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
You still are!

Game of pool while I attempt to extrapolate through half a million years of history for which there are no records?

http://www.jippii.com/pasiworld/bluehouse.html
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:55   #29
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I've ordered it, not looking forward to it as much as I once was though, there sheer volume of injurys is laughable. I think at one point in the demo I had 8 of my first choice players out for 1 month or more.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 15:03   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
I've ordered it, not looking forward to it as much as I once was though, there sheer volume of injurys is laughable. I think at one point in the demo I had 8 of my first choice players out for 1 month or more.
After playing the demo for a few hours I concluded that:

- cm3 was far easier to pick up, and use
- there are way too many injuries
- the 2D pitch thing though nice at first is probably going to have switched off cos I want to get on with the game
- it goes at a snails pace (especially when loading results), meaning my 10 season long games might be a thing of the past
- it's worth buying, whether it matches the 'hype' will be debatable.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:39   #31
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
I'll probably order it later tonight.

rawr
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 16:41   #32
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
I have just this second ordered it!

roll on friday!
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 17:09   #33
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
no doubt it will have a 28mb patch available 3 days after release so you have to abandon your new save game and start again in order to stop your entire first team being injured for 4 weeks with a chest injury, or you could just click the continue button and go climb Ben nevis come back and you'll still ave time for a shít before its finished.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 18:59   #34
Freakozoid
Anon.

It is rather slow isn't it.

Then again I'm running it on a P2 450 with 128 of ram.

its minimum specs are a P800 I think.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 19:31   #35
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

runs faster than cm3 does on this machine.
shrug.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:01   #36
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
There is a patch being released on friday to fix the injuries problem though they said it was fixed after the beta demo. It will also be increasing media interaction, may remove the bug that causes random score changes if they can find it + some other stuff they haven't mentioned yet.

On the speed issue SI said
http://community.sigames.com/1/OpenT...6&m=7511901726

Last edited by midge5; 24 Mar 2003 at 20:18.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:15   #37
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by midge5
There is a patch being released on friday to fix the injuries problem though they said it was fixed after the beta demo. It will also be increasing media interaction, may remove the bug that causes random score changes if they can find it + some other stuff they haven't mentioned yet.
Let me get this straight this game is released on Friday, on Friday (the same one) they are releasing a patch so the game works basically. So you buy this game then have to wait for some stupid patch to d/l which could take a long fukin time on a 56k, then you maybe able to play the game without problems or maybe not.

Is this 5th seasons football game that they were going on about??
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 20:22   #38
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
Originally posted by nickhall
Let me get this straight this game is released on Friday, on Friday (the same one) they are releasing a patch so the game works basically.
More or less to fix the bugs people pointed out since the Gold Demo was released though most are so obvious I am surprised they never found them.