User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:26   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Hockey and astroturf.

Astroturf bloody hurts.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:27   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
so does hockey
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:28   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Not always.

I am skilled so I never fall but if a keeper tackles you, you're ****ed.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:44   #4
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Try ice hockey and tell me which hurts more.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:48   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Ice hockey has full plate armour.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:53   #6
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Rugby.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:00   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
rugby doesnt hurt **** compared to ice hockey
hockey of the non ice variety sucks

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:03   #8
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Shinty?
On astroturf? twice the pain and anguish
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:31   #9
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
i think rugby hurts a bit more than ice hockey

rugby players don't wear padding (except maybe shoulder pads) whereas u wear so much padding that u ice hockey players all look like the michelin man
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:45   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

I was talking about the elitairism of 'field hockey'. Which is still kinda high ranked as dangerous, and ****ing hurting on the astroturf.

My elbow feels like someone was busy on it with a vile for 2 hours.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:50   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Soccer and Astroturf.

Slide Tackles = Maximum Hurtage
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:53   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Soccer and Astroturf.

Slide Tackles = Maximum Hurtage
which is kinda why the 'old skool' astroturf is more a hockey thing.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:54   #13
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
the worst ever must be that red blaze stuff we had to play footie on when we were lads
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 00:06   #14
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
I hate astroturf, and I'm never playing on it again.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 01:20   #15
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hockey and astroturf.

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Astroturf bloody hurts.

my left leg is injured at 4 places.

3 wounds on my knee and on my upperleg i have a wound the size of an apple and it's rubbing against my pants. hurts!

but it was worth it though. won 2-1
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 01:25   #16
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel

rugby players don't wear padding (except maybe shoulder pads) whereas u wear so much padding that u ice hockey players all look like the michelin man
I never wore any padding, quite a nasty game at times.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 02:10   #17
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel

you wear pads because a body check at those speeds can be quite lethal. Pads != less pain.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 02:16   #18
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Go play rugby and get caught on the wrong side of a ruck against a team with a hardassed forward pack.

tell me how you feel afterwards.
Monkeypimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 10:48   #19
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Copping a Hockey ball in the nuts hit full pelt from a range of about 4 metres dont exactly tickle either.... i saved the goal though, i was playing as Fullback my usual position and not wearing a box....

I managed to play the rest of the game though after a short rest!

From what i hear sand based Astro turf is the worst, as when you slide the grains of sand compound the problem.... though water based is still pretty bad.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 10:51   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Terra Australis
From what i hear sand based Astro turf is the worst, as when you slide the grains of sand compound the problem.... though water based is still pretty bad.
It is, our turf is of the sand variety here, and I don't think I managed to play a single game where I didn't loose vast quantities of skin.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 11:00   #21
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Our astroturf pitch at school was terrible as there was a large dip/hole type thing in the middle that was always filled with water. This formed a big mud type organism that constantly grew, and in the end we spent more time trying to push each other into the mudbeast than play sports.
ps. It rocked when it was frozen though.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 11:39   #22
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Terra Australis
Copping a Hockey ball in the nuts hit full pelt from a range of about 4 metres dont exactly tickle either....

i did that to a guy when i was 7 or 8 or soemthing :/
untill then i never managed to get my ball up in the air. heh.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 12:17   #23
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: Hockey and astroturf.

Quote:
Astroturf bloody hurts.

The last half of the fourth game on a tournament, that hurts.

I remember the bandages etc. falling off my knee because of the blood that kept creeping through. Besides, the sand they ride out on it doesnṫ help much, wound-technically speaking...

I once played on the turf they have at KleinZwitserland, you know, the wet stuff. It is a lot friendlier to your skin, but having wet feet all the time isn't a real joy iether.

Still beats grass though.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:18   #24
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Rinoa
Our astroturf pitch at school was terrible as there was a large dip/hole type thing in the middle that was always filled with water. This formed a big mud type organism that constantly grew, and in the end we spent more time trying to push each other into the mudbeast than play sports.
ps. It rocked when it was frozen though.
Sounds like a game i played when i was in High school, this particular pitch just a grass field had a huge hole that was about a foot deep...

Another time we played and part of the field had a hollow in it near the side of the field, half of both the opposition and also our side ended up caked in mud and water...

I could not beleive one of the opposition was actually scared to go into the mud to get the ball, so i got a free run down the field.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:29   #25
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Re: Re: Hockey and astroturf.

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
The last half of the fourth game on a tournament, that hurts.

I remember the bandages etc. falling off my knee because of the blood that kept creeping through. Besides, the sand they ride out on it doesnṫ help much, wound-technically speaking...

I once played on the turf they have at KleinZwitserland, you know, the wet stuff. It is a lot friendlier to your skin, but having wet feet all the time isn't a real joy iether.

Still beats grass though.
i played on that against Nijmegen, it is indeed nice and you can do more 'responsive' hockey with the ball since it does go up easier.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:31   #26
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Hockey and astroturf.

Quote:
i played on that against Nijmegen, it is indeed nice and you can do more 'responsive' hockey with the ball since it does go up easier.
easier, heh

it's glued to your stick fs, liek MAGIC...
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:39   #27
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
so does hockey
hockey is a freaking b*tch sport.

1. Get your stick between the other players legs
2. Get the part where you hit the little ball with around the other players foot and pull as hard as you can
3. When the apponent is running get your stick infront of his feet. *or he will fall, or he knee will break -something like that-*

Pretty b*tchin sport. I learned the tactics from my little bro. He hockey's . Then only thing why I like it is cause the woman wear these short skirts. :P
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:49   #28
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Zword
Then only thing why I like it is cause the woman wear these short skirts. :P
heh and that yes
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:50   #29
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hockey and astroturf.

Quote:
easier, heh

it's glued to your stick fs, liek MAGIC...
it's always glued to my stick, since i am a wizard
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 10:06   #30
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hockey and astroturf.

Quote:
it's always glued to my stick, since i am a wizard
Oh ho ho

what club/team do you play anyway?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 10:12   #31
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hockey and astroturf.

Quote:
Oh ho ho

what club/team do you play anyway?
I play at Hockeyclub Twente, the league we play is atm 3rd i think since the club only exists for 2 years now, we got promoted last season, but you have to start at the bottom if you reg a new club.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 10:17   #32
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

I never played twente

I was region south-west so... Tough. Too far away.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:05   #33
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I just looked at both knees, both elbows and pretty much every knuckle has one of those blue bits of scar tissue caused by astro burns.

Factor in the operations I've had on both knees from running around on astro too much and you get the idea that it's not very good for you.

I'm an Ashford Hockey Club man, 4th team captain no less. The fact I've only played in three of our league matches could be one reason why we're dicing with relegation.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:08   #34
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
I never played twente

I was region south-west so... Tough. Too far away.

heh you where doing hockey at the time you lived in Dordrecht by any change?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:09   #35
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
sand based astro is ****e, I don't mind water based astro though.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:23   #36
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat
I just looked at both knees, both elbows and pretty much every knuckle has one of those blue bits of scar tissue caused by astro burns.

Factor in the operations I've had on both knees from running around on astro too much and you get the idea that it's not very good for you.

I'm an Ashford Hockey Club man, 4th team captain no less. The fact I've only played in three of our league matches could be one reason why we're dicing with relegation.
Somehow international hockeyteams, apart from some german teams seem to suck majorly.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:35   #37
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I beg to disagree young sir...

The International team from Ashford that toured Mechelen last summer was very succesful. I know for a fact that we outdrank everyone else there and managed to win no less than one of our five matches.

HAH !

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:38   #38
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
heh you where doing hockey at the time you lived in Dordrecht by any change?
Yup.

Souburgh.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:39   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Yup.

Souburgh.

you know a guy called Tim Roemers?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 11:41   #40
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Somehow international hockeyteams, apart from some german teams seem to suck majorly.
I disagree

we had some UK boarding school team over once

they were the schwarzeneggers of field hockey I'm telling you

these were PROs
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:47   #41
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i've played grasshockey and floorhockey.
i think getting tackled, and crashing to the gymnasium floor and sliding a bit (while wearing shorts) hurts quit a bit :P

but i don't think ANYTHING hurts more than getting a ball/puck square in the shins at point blank. (and it was a one-timer shot so it was pretty hard :\)
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 17:03   #42
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
I used to play ice hockey in the winter and ball hockey in the summer. Ice hockey was nuthin, but ball hockey just plain hurts. All you wear is a helmet and gloves...and the ball you use to play is quite hard...needless to say, if you get hit anywhere....it really hurts, I've taken a few slappers off the ol' canoles and let me tell you, nothing hurts more than ball on ball contact at 70 mph
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 17:43   #43
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
I used to play ice hockey in the winter and ball hockey in the summer. Ice hockey was nuthin, but ball hockey just plain hurts. All you wear is a helmet and gloves...and the ball you use to play is quite hard...needless to say, if you get hit anywhere....it really hurts, I've taken a few slappers off the ol' canoles and let me tell you, nothing hurts more than ball on ball contact at 70 mph
helmet ?

i wear shoes and sportwear, helmet isnt even allowed here unless it is part of the tenue.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 18:20   #44
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
helmet ?

i wear shoes and sportwear, helmet isnt even allowed here unless it is part of the tenue.
well, it wasn't often that anyone went near yer head....it was all mid chest and down pretty much, and I forgot to mention..we didn't even have the luxery of playing on astroturf...we played on a concrete floor...smooth concrete, but it was still concrete, and it hurt like fk if you wiped out
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:44   #45
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
but i don't think ANYTHING hurts more than getting a ball/puck square in the shins at point blank. (and it was a one-timer shot so it was pretty hard :\)
Pain is relative

I got one on my sternum (or plexus).

It wasn't pain, but the air was pushed out of me and I knew I was going to die. It was awkward because it was scary and I was out for almost 7 minutes.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 21:03   #46
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
well, it wasn't often that anyone went near yer head....it was all mid chest and down pretty much, and I forgot to mention..we didn't even have the luxery of playing on astroturf...we played on a concrete floor...smooth concrete, but it was still concrete, and it hurt like fk if you wiped out
fast hockey, i like street hockey myself, which i mean hockey on a fast irregular underground, technique then really matters.

Often with a friend of mine we still hockey on the streets
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 21:05   #47
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Often with a friend of mine we still hockey on the streets

that must be a pretty gay sight
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 22:28   #48
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
his 2 little brothers also usually participate and one of our club who lives in the street, it is pretty highlevel hockey even, technically, not with the swings as we cannot it a ball full force
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 22:31   #49
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Not as gay as two men on a bike.

But anyway, street hockey sucks, as does real grass.

but flat court hockey is damn fast indeed
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 22:48   #50
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

xtrasyn, depends on your skill actually, grass is to slow, but a very relieffull astroturf is fun to play on since you can pretty much play with your opponent then.