User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 10:04   #51
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: [Discuss] Planet Alliance I dentification

I can say that it defintly wouldn;t happen for next round.

As i've said, I like the idea of public information, and i'm not to worred about ruining the fun of alliance intel that much, my main concerns would be the effects on the smaller alliances - as we have seen that depsite the game encouraging attacking bigger planets, people still go for the easy targets.

I think perhaps this kind of idea would be best combined with a proper alliance war system and a proper alliance fund system, and smaller alliances - so in essence we would need a major step change in the game, which now we have Kloopy around is a possibility, but I think its more important to carry out the major changes in other areas to fix buggy combat etc

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 07:50   #52
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
As i've said, I like the idea of public information, and i'm not to worred about ruining the fun of alliance intel that much, my main concerns would be the effects on the smaller alliances - as we have seen that depsite the game encouraging attacking bigger planets, people still go for the easy targets.
There are a lot more factors which declare a planet as "easy target". Crappy fleet composition and/or simply a shitload of asteroids lead to bigger people hitting smaller people - no matter which alliance a planet belongs to, it will be attacked as soon as it qualifies as cheap and easy.

I don't think major alliances will have spare resources to constantly roid down most of the small alliance's planets as it a) does not pay off longterm for anyone to hit 150 roid planets and b) there are wars between major alliances which require a lot of fleets from those major alliances (unless we face the mega-block-rounds again).
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 09:22   #53
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Would be good because the lil alliances with no intel what so ever wont accidently attack an alliance he will then proceed to get anilihated by and will attack the other small alliances around the universe.
Its like the lil ppl can have proper lil wars between them selves then.

Only probs i see is allianceless ppl.

Here is my worst idea ever but if you where to do this its the only thing I could think of is if you are not in an alliance you are not allowed to attack anyone and only allowed to defend in gal till you join an alliance.
And to save 1 man alliances maybe like a BP you have to have a minimum of 3 ppl in an alliance.
Dunno how you could do it but its worth a shot maybe?

Edit: lil add on to my idea.

Allianceless ppl are only allowed to attack allianceless ppl but not ppl in an alliance but anyone can attack allianceless ppl which will force them to join an alliance and in turn will give them freinds and a community to help them get addicted.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote