User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 13 May 2014, 11:04   #51
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: R57 Stats sets

I find Devastator and Pegasus utterly useless as it is now.
Devastator and Lich has same init, Lich has Cr t2 and Bs t1.
Devastator has t1 Cr only and is off podclass.
No ships stops either (besides hug), so why water out value on Devastator, when you can go 100% value in Lich?

If anything Devastator should have t2 and lich t1 only. But that might mess up their pod class.

Same deal with Pegasus and Cerberus.

This is just by looking at stats for a couple of minutes, i'm afraid to find more clear holes or pointless ships by looking more.

Hopefully you manage to balance and sort things out.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2014, 19:04   #52
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about the Devastator and peg, useless ships.

FR looks pretty shit to me, looks like it'll get owned bigtime by Wyverns, Tycoons and Ghosts ingal.

With so many pods and thw ability to covop pods there's going to be a lot of fun fleets flying around, could be interesting. Caths stealing fi pods or xans stealing co pods could be fun.
Unread 13 May 2014, 21:34   #53
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Yes it was. I'm updating to beta atm. I will have them all added by tomorrow.
Unread 14 May 2014, 00:23   #54
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I agree about the Devastator and peg, useless ships.

FR looks pretty shit to me, looks like it'll get owned bigtime by Wyverns, Tycoons and Ghosts ingal.

With so many pods and thw ability to covop pods there's going to be a lot of fun fleets flying around, could be interesting. Caths stealing fi pods or xans stealing co pods could be fun.
I just corrected that. Changed Shadow to init 6 and Coons to init 7. I just needed to update the doc you all see. I actually did a very big update. I broke down all my teams and Def vs those classes. Fixed all inits. Nothing should fire at the same time unless one has a t2 (which i might have taken out anyways) Also they are all in firing order.

I've done this final update before I start uploading to beta server.
Unread 14 May 2014, 02:15   #55
SantaCruz
I've been around

http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=425341497032

All changes will now be put onto beta stats. I'm not working on them anymore tonight. I might have miss typed etc. deal with it ;-P

Ofc eff are not 100%. Tomorrow the battle starts
Unread 14 May 2014, 03:44   #56
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I noticed that there wasn't any fr v de interactions could have for example shadow t3 de and blackwidow t3 fr ranger t3 fr etc...
If you think the stats are a bit offensive.
(only an idea)

AS the stats stand I would suggest making the Following changes...

Tycoon Init 2 Emp.
Dealer t2 BS
Raider Cr class.
Clipper fr class
Buccaneer Fr Class init 19
Thiefs init to 19
Reaper t2 co
Ghost t2 De
Unread 14 May 2014, 06:53   #57
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Still same issue on devastator and Lich, i would still not waste any value on devastator.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 07:34   #58
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

cath have too many MT ships
Unread 14 May 2014, 07:58   #59
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Is terran salvage back santa?

Xan Fr cant hit co, every race except Cat as a co ship that kills FR so xan FR is USELESS without teamup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Still same issue on devastator and Lich, i would still not waste any value on devastator.
Who wouldnt want a ST emp that freezes after its been frozen instead of a MT kill ships with basicly the same init

Last edited by Plaguuu; 14 May 2014 at 08:10.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 08:03   #60
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=425341497032

All changes will now be put onto beta stats. I'm not working on them anymore tonight. I might have miss typed etc. deal with it ;-P

Ofc eff are not 100%. Tomorrow the battle starts

Umm biggest thing wrong with these stats is that have called the Wyvern by the name Kraken and thought it was ok. Kraken is an awful name for a ship, change it back.

Minor issues like Esper eluded to is why can 3 races spam 3 ships and target everything but Xan needs 4 and Zik needs 5???????
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 13:52   #61
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Xan is Broken especially fr, Zik Fr is broken,

looks like Santa got tired in the middle of transferring his spreadsheet to beta and will fix it today.

At least thats what we are all hoping right?

I like the way etd is headed, There is always so much emp
Unread 14 May 2014, 14:47   #62
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Any reason for the two FR pods with Zik?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 18:11   #63
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Any reason for the two FR pods with Zik?
its likely an error on Santacruz's part inputing the stats on the beta server
Unread 14 May 2014, 18:41   #64
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
Is terran salvage back santa?

Xan Fr cant hit co, every race except Cat as a co ship that kills FR so xan FR is USELESS without teamup.

Who wouldnt want a ST emp that freezes after its been frozen instead of a MT kill ships with basicly the same init
Yes.. thats the POINT.

Everyone:
I said earlier. These stats are for team ups. I'm not making stats that Cath co can solo land 5k roids.

If you have problems with that. Deal with it. :-P

Everyone start looking at the stats that way. Telling me FR is broken, just wastes your time typing. I just ignore stupid comments. Tell my why it's broken. IF your reason is because it can't solo land whatever it wants. Don't waste your time.

If your going to do us any favours work with me here. Trying to sound like a smartass makes this process pointless.

So lets just take the time do to this right please. I would like your input. Explain what your saying.

Finally i'm not changing Kraken, i like the name it's oldschool. I hope when this is all finished its only the names you can complain about. However i don't expect everyone to like these stats. Stats are a reflection of the person doing them.

So to make things easier. This is my list I need to do. So lets work together.

What I need help with:
1.Firing Inits (making sure nothing hits at the same time) *I should have this finished now*
2.Teams all Pods classes relay on each other. I need to make sure they do.
3. Defence ships (off pod class) I need to find ways to make them useful. Like TheoDD pointed out with Dev.
4. An Overpowering race. IF one is to strong
5. Underpowered race. If one is to weak

While I work on this list, i'm also balancing EFF.
Unread 14 May 2014, 18:52   #65
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

santa please do us all a favor and put Zik fr/de the way you want it. Its throwing off my ability to see the stats with de/fr/de and 2 fr pods.... Do you want them on fr or De. When i get back from work ill look more into them but right now just fix the input errors
Unread 14 May 2014, 18:57   #66
SantaCruz
I've been around

What i was thinking to "fix" FR. In no way do i want reaper t2. Reasons why. FR in gal with 2 races (zik and xan) with lower inits, will stop co dead. I'm trying to limit that. So people can go FR OR Co. Also my goal is to have 4 T2's for each race. No more no less.

Fr attack anti Fi/Co
Cerberus Frigate Co - Norm 8
Reaper Frigate Fi - Cloak 3
Clipper Frigate Co Fi Norm 4 (right now is init 5)

Anti Fr
Valkyrie Corvette Fr Fi Norm 5
Viper Corvette De Fr Emp 2
Spirit Corvette Fr De Cloak 6
Cutlass Corvette Fi Fr Steal 19
Investor Corvette Fr - Cloak 5 (right now is init 4)
Unread 14 May 2014, 18:59   #67
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

The question you need to ask about each roiding fleet is ...

What can this fleet target?
The versatility of the attack fleet in defence?
How much of a defence tolerance does each roiding fleet have?
I.E. ...Is there any alliance eta "1 fleet stoppers" ? Is there any Ingal eta " 1 fleet stoppers"
Scope for making a race overpowered by means of 3 ship spamming and consider means to nerfing ship spamming versus 4-5 ship spamming etc.

Most folk will tend to go for roiding fleets that have the best defence tolerance.

Edit - There are fleets like xan frig and cr that have 0 loss vunerabilities and are imo unplayable.

You are under no pressure to obey any stats patterns like how many T2 I can have just make the stats playable.

Last edited by Paisley; 14 May 2014 at 19:09. Reason: Edit - added more
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 19:04   #68
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

the targetting on what you've put on beta doesn't look anything like what your original google doc at the top of the thread said it would.

3-4 zero loss def ships vs xan fr? Just to be clear, You're intentionally doing this?
Unread 14 May 2014, 19:08   #69
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
the targetting on what you've put on beta doesn't look anything like what your original google doc at the top of the thread said it would.

3-4 zero loss def ships vs xan fr? Just to be clear, You're intentionally doing this?
Are you asking if i know that Xan FR doesn't hit co? I just explained that. in not way will i give xan FR init 3 vs co. It would give Xan/Zik FR, Fort. They would only need to build those 2 ships to fully stop any CO incoming. Making CO 100% useless.
Unread 14 May 2014, 19:10   #70
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
The question you need to ask about each roiding fleet is ...

What can this fleet target?
The versatility of the attack fleet in defence?
How much of a defence tolerance does each roiding fleet have?
I.E. ...Is there any alliance eta "1 fleet stoppers" ? Is there any Ingal eta " 1 fleet stoppers"
Scope for making a race overpowered by means of 3 ship spamming and consider means to nerfing ship spamming versus 4-5 ship spamming etc.

Most folk will tend to go for roiding fleets that have the best defence tolerance.

Edit - There are fleets like xan frig and cr that have 0 loss vunerabilities and are imo unplayable.
I've thought this over a few times. Maybe you can help. If i decided to get ride of any out of pod class def ships. Leaving only Pod class ships for each race.
Would that be bad? I've played with it. It would be easier to balance. It would just seem to break the rules lol
Unread 14 May 2014, 19:14   #71
SantaCruz
I've been around

http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=30

These were JBG's set from r30. I've spent alot of time looking at them.

I've noticed a few things. Ship amounts don't match. I don't "need" 9 for each race. Like i'm trying to do.
He also sticks mostly to attack class. Highlights with 1 or 2 outside def ships.
Unread 14 May 2014, 19:26   #72
SantaCruz
I've been around

I can 100% lose 1 ship from each race.
Drop Valk,Loctus,Rev,Bucc,Dev
I've thought about it many times. I'm just afraid i would be limiting the races. More ships, means different setups. Even 1 extra for each race makes a difference.
Unread 14 May 2014, 19:32   #73
Papadoc

There has to be another way to prevent FR forts without promoting zero loss ships?
Unread 14 May 2014, 19:41   #74
BaasB

BaasB will become famous soon enoughBaasB will become famous soon enough

etd CR pod correct? Looks like it should be BS tbh, since there is only 1 other CR ship
BaasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 20:04   #75
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
I can 100% lose 1 ship from each race.
Drop Valk,Loctus,Rev,Bucc,Dev
I've thought about it many times. I'm just afraid i would be limiting the races. More ships, means different setups. Even 1 extra for each race makes a difference.
No reason to remove ships, just because some think they're useless. Having the ship there means it's possible to build it, means there could be circumstances during the round that makes you build those ships.

And even in the most extreme case where a ship doesn't get build at all, it doesn't 'ruin' the round in any way.

Primary question should be if all races are playable, and preferably have something fun going for it, without 1 race clearly better than the others.

And ofcourse don't make attacking or defending too easy.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 20:27   #76
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I really wanted to play Terran, but I can't build a ship in goood faith called Kraken . I want to be able to have a pack of Wyverns.

I don't understand why you would have 4? Zero loss ships in your stats. Is Fr such a threat?

Why do you keep looking at Rd 30 stats? What is the obsession with them? Rd 49 stats were better!!!!
Unread 14 May 2014, 21:14   #77
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

I don't really understand this zero loss obsession, its only vs Xan FR, not even vs FR team up.
Xans are quite capable of attacking with these stats.
And with their good inits are bad targets for almost anything.
Unread 14 May 2014, 22:43   #78
SantaCruz
I've been around

Exactly!! THEY AREN'T 0 LOSS SHIP. If you are attacking with Zik/Ter, like i'm trying to push. If reaper was t2 CO. It could solo 3x nighty and land. That's not balance...

Xan has enough anti Co. They don't need it in Fr. If these were ST. This would be normal. I realize they are not ST. However this will work, it's going to work.

Kai is only complaining now b/c his Kraken is red and achy
Unread 14 May 2014, 22:45   #79
SantaCruz
I've been around

Anyways I not going to work on these tonight. Boston Vs Montreal Game 7 needs my attention.
Unread 14 May 2014, 22:52   #80
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Why do you keep looking at Rd 30 stats? What is the obsession with them? Rd 49 stats were better!!!!
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=36

Another set to look at. Note if you didn't read them. These are the only 2, 3 pod stats to date.

Thats why i'm looking at them. I just believe that r30's where more balanced. Only Asc rocked that round and filled top ranks with their strat.

R36 was a Fun round tho. VisioN victory. Both rounds where very balanced and war filled. 3 pod rounds rock ^^
Unread 14 May 2014, 23:25   #81
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Everyone:
I said earlier. These stats are for team ups. I'm not making stats that Cath co can solo land 5k roids.

If you have problems with that. Deal with it. :-P
I don't think that stats-makers should be encouraging team-ups. The game is already virtually unplayable for new (or even experienced but non-alliance) players. On top of which, we already have plenty of people who are happy to send out overwhelming teams against very modest targets.

It's probably not a great idea to dismiss other people's "problems" either. We're already well below 1,000 players - we don't want too many more voting with their feet.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2014, 23:36   #82
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I don't think that stats-makers should be encouraging team-ups. The game is already virtually unplayable for new (or even experienced but non-alliance) players. On top of which, we already have plenty of people who are happy to send out overwhelming teams against very modest targets.

It's probably not a great idea to dismiss other people's "problems" either. We're already well below 1,000 players - we don't want too many more voting with their feet.
It's not their problems. It's the way they come across. Telling me that FR is broken. Yet showing no reason why. I want to know things. "Peg eff is to high, i ran some calcs and it's going to own everything" <-- that's the kinda help we need as stats markers. Trolling, arguing over personal options in stats isn't going to help. That's all i meant.

I also believe, teams ups is what makes pa. If new and inexperienced players sign up. Stats won't be what makes or breaks the game for them. lets face it. there is like 5 new players a round. 90% of the uni are in alliances. If 10% went any setup in these stats. They would land just as easily as any setup in the past 10 rounds.

I believe making the stats with teams and alliances in mind. Might be what allows us to make sure it's a more complete round. If i am able to make these stats so, we can go any Class attack. Then we are working in the right direction. Lets face it, you can't know until you try.
Unread 15 May 2014, 00:53   #83
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

I think its wrong to call these mt stats now, they have turned into the wishy washy half/half stats we have had for 8 odd rounds now.

Make them full mt or full st. Stop appeasing nubs.

Etd de is OP btw
Unread 15 May 2014, 01:57   #84
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think its wrong to call these mt stats now, they have turned into the wishy washy half/half stats we have had for 8 odd rounds now.

Make them full mt or full st. Stop appeasing nubs.

Etd de is OP btw
Agree, its time for a FULL ST or a FULL MT round
Unread 15 May 2014, 03:41   #85
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post

I completely agree.

People team so they can land. Requiring a team when other ship classes don't will just make FR obsolete

4 fleet team on 500 roids isnt good for the game.

Last edited by Papadoc; 15 May 2014 at 03:47.
Papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2014, 06:14   #86
Shhhhhhh

If he'd give Reaper it's T2 Co back, the Init would have to be raised to at least 5 to not make Xan insane.
Then does it really take that much more in value of Investors to stop a Xan FR fleet?
If you're worried about Co you're still gonna need a teamup and tbh even with a teamup you're still a bit screwed vs Investors.

With the way efficiencies are (in general in this game) better init ships are almost always gonna cover you if you didnt send EMP simply because Armor and Dmg efficiencies are close to equal, meaning ships often do close to 100% of their value in dmg to other ships before they get to shoot back, so with salvage added, suiciding those ships would still get you a covered inc.

Only way to stop this would be lower dmg eff. compared to the armor eff.

And about Xan FR or FR in general. Sure it lands better with a team up, sure I don't agree with the statmaker trying to encourage team ups, but are you really saying you would build no Xan FR as Xan?? And that 'FR will be obsolete'? You're not gonna make any reapers to be immune to Xan Fi incs?
You're gonna build Spectre and Wraith instead of Shadows? Even tho you can concentrate value better in Shadows, have it same shipclass as Reaper and partly better init and faster eta?

Or do you think Xan's are actually so bad now that nobody is gonna play Xan? Which is so unlikely i almost forgot about it

Also, at this time, it's rather pointless to complain that you don't like the stats as a whole, the statmaker isn't gonna make totally new stats. Look at what he's trying to do, see if it works and if theres stuff he missed or that could be improved, or if it's just crazy unbalanced. So he can make small changes. Can't expect him to just make totally new stats with ST or something.

ETD DE does look very good, not sure why both ships have to be cloaked also, I'd make the Lich as normal. So they could still send Ranger/Roiders fake attacks and the Lich becomes a bit less totally awesome anti CR/BS def ship.

Last edited by Shhhhhhh; 15 May 2014 at 06:22.
Unread 15 May 2014, 11:05   #87
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

I am not saying xan is weak, they arnt
but having ALL races all with co targeting fr, and xan fr not targeting co, is ummmm
why gief xan fr pods then, they are useless!?
Xan fr ships are good defensively though

imo remove co that targets fr for at leasr 2 races OR add a xan fr ship targeting co, with init6 or so

my 2 cents

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2014, 11:48   #88
Shhhhhhh

How about Terran DE then? Doesnt even come close to hitting all the stuff that hits it.
Zik FR, has BS shooting at it for free.

Xan isn't weak atm, their FR is quite good for defense.
If the Xan FR roider is 'useless' it means it could be removed then?
I'm guessing people going Xan's will still rather have it as an option than remove it.

Xans have a good Fi attack fleet, a good CR attack fleet, good defensive ships, for self defense and ally defense. And now theres complaints about their third attack fleet.
While for example Terran have 1 attack fleet similar in strenght to the Xan's fi and 2 that are weaker than the Xan FR is now. Plus weaker defensive ships all around.

To me it almost seems like some people just want to play Xans and are trying to make them as good as possible.
Unread 15 May 2014, 12:51   #89
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Good stats allow players to choose different paths. Bad stats force players into a bottleneck. Right now it looks like the second is happening, which is a shame. I'll focus on the direction you're going in for the rest of the post.

Spiders, I would not build them. Not touching the EMP efficiency for now, they probably could use a gun or two more. They already fire after the Beetle, and aren't cheap enough to warrant 3 guns instead of 4 or maybe even 5. They also fall out of the attacking class. I think you want fi/co attacks? But why bother with fi when you can build co? At the moment Banshee and Harpy are probably the only threat to them ally-defwise, and both possibly find them in attacking fleets.

Gal-wise, you need a lot of BW's to stop a etd/zik/cat co fleet, and I'm talking about more value than the attack fleet in BW's alone. Clippers are really your best bet. What if there's none in gal. That's 2 practically reasonably viable races for ally-defending vs co, and they're both in an attack fleet class.

If you try to shield yourself with fi/co against both fi and co, the first alliance hitting you focussing completely on one of the two classes will steamroll you like there is no tomorrow, giving even more power to the big and organised. It seems this way for other classes too. There seems to be an element of Rock-paper-scissors dynamics about these stats, but with so many fleets to build it'll just promote NAPing tbh.

I don't envy you Santa, these need quite some work. Personally, I'd just experiment with a few more t2's, don't put an arbitrary restriction like "each race only has 4 t2's" - it won't do the stats any good. Personally, I think simpling down the stats to some degree would make this a lot easier - but of course that's a given.
Unread 15 May 2014, 16:00   #90
Papadoc

Here is a set that i think can work. Obviously there is a lot of work to be done but i think there are some viable options in it.

Init and targeting only at this point. I wouldn't even mind if there was collaborative effort on the rest of it, if it's a set that the community would like to use.

https://docs.google.com/a/saifountai...#gid=566637022
Unread 15 May 2014, 16:45   #91
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

This is turning into a right cluster****, shocker.
Unread 15 May 2014, 17:35   #92
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
How about Terran DE then? Doesnt even come close to hitting all the stuff that hits it.
Zik FR, has BS shooting at it for free.

Xan isn't weak atm, their FR is quite good for defense.
If the Xan FR roider is 'useless' it means it could be removed then?
I'm guessing people going Xan's will still rather have it as an option than remove it.

Xans have a good Fi attack fleet, a good CR attack fleet, good defensive ships, for self defense and ally defense. And now theres complaints about their third attack fleet.
While for example Terran have 1 attack fleet similar in strenght to the Xan's fi and 2 that are weaker than the Xan FR is now. Plus weaker defensive ships all around.

To me it almost seems like some people just want to play Xans and are trying to make them as good as possible.
Terran needs to be reworked fully, and i think its meant to have fr pods !?

And the point i was referring to isnt that there is 1 Race/Ship with a free shot on xan FR, but every race having one.

Not sure if we need to have 3 pods each race, if one or more of the combos cant land solo attacks, thats all i say.
That should apply for all races btw

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 15 May 2014, 18:12   #93
SantaCruz
I've been around

lol
Unread 15 May 2014, 18:25   #94
SantaCruz
I've been around

Ok lets try and refocus here please. These stats don't need a total rework.
The "rock/paper/scissor thing, that's a balanced game. So i'm not quite sure how that's bad for the stats?

Ter - I'm not really sure whats wrong with the race atm? Like i've said 100x. You are only looking at inits right now. Ter is a high armor race. It doesn't need to fire first and normally doesn't. Ter also is able to pump out contructions like a champ. All these things need to be thought about. IF ter is to strong. Everyone will go ter mass ref and no one would be able to roid them.

Your all just going to have to put some faith in me please. This isn't my first round playing and not my first set of stats. I've played pa since round one and watched how this game has changed.

My stats aren't going to be like the ones we've played in the last bit, no. Cause I believe the game has opened up with 12 alliances. This needs to be addressed with how we play the game. Yes i'm promoting team ups. Team work and alliance play. There is 12 alliances playing next round. If i promoted solo play with solo stats, wtf is the point of an alliance? DEFENCE? Planetarion is a game of politics and team work. So rock paper scissors the shit out of these stats with me, we'll open this game up for everyone to enjoy.

No one falls in love with stats. Bottom line. There is always going to be something you don't agree with.

My t2's... I've said i wanted to stick to 4 each race. People are asking for FULL MT? Your already complaining there is useless ships. If i just got adding T2's to please you. There will be pointless ships all over.
There is no such thing as full mt. Soon as there is a t2 in 1 ship. They are MT.

I'm going to work on my EFF's. Give me a bit to finish them please. Once they are done. Then you guys can start ripping my stats apart.
Unread 15 May 2014, 19:34   #95
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Ill try for a fourth time
Is terran getting salvage back?

And Im not gonna shoot you before you're effs is done so dont bother too much on my hate yet(I agree that effs can change everything), but you say terran is a high armor race. Then you should up their armor or lower the armor of the others, as by the look of it now there is nothing special about terran armor atm.

Terrans do have an advantage in cons, but lets not forget that cath is a beast at covopping, zik and etd have the option to covop aswell, and xan is cloaked.
So as far as the combined racial bonuses(cu, rp, salvage bonus and so on) goes, Id say #1 cat #2 ter #3 xan

And xan fr was weak cause they were ment to teamup, now instead you made it so they are way better than the other fr and no need for a teamup, Im struggling to see where you're going or if you're just following suggestions randomly :P
Unread 15 May 2014, 19:54   #96
SantaCruz
I've been around

I'm not sure about ter salvage. I don't even know, if i have the power to change it ??
Unread 15 May 2014, 20:25   #97
M0RPH3US
idle

lol

Unread 15 May 2014, 20:36   #98
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The "rock/paper/scissor thing, that's a balanced game. So i'm not quite sure how that's bad for the stats?
I said it's probably not preferable when you have so many (5-6) classes (fi/co/fr/de/cr/bs) - rock paper scissors only has 3.

I had a whole post but stats actually changed while I was writing it, so nvm lol. I'll wait
Unread 15 May 2014, 20:56   #99
Plaguuu

Quote:
I'm not sure about ter salvage. I don't even know, if i have the power to change it ??
It was the statmaker that got it changed last round so I think that should be possible if its smth you want
Unread 15 May 2014, 21:00   #100
SantaCruz
I've been around

Yeah i've "finished" with armor. I need to do dmg ship by ship now...
Then I will need to go over arm again. Then dmg one more time. However the bulk of the work on eff is done. "first draft" anyways.

I will do dmg and E/R tonight. Break time for a bit
Ships that first draft eff arm/dmg are "done"

Harpy/Nixies/Valkie/Gryp/Pegs
Phant/Banshee
Smuggler
Investor/Lich
I used these to balance the arm. So their Dmg was put where I want it for now.