User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 10 Oct 2016, 01:56   #1
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice
round changes

this change they did, cant covop pods, whats the point?

just curious how this affect the game for the good...
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 02:20   #2
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Re: round changes

It makes it harder for (some) people to cheat.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 08:58   #3
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
It makes it harder for (some) people to cheat.
If they would classify as cheating they could close them.
As they allowed PA support team to get away with it, everyone else had to aswell

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 14:32   #4
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

We cant arest the thief, lets close the bank???
Makes no sense at all...
A way better make something like highlight planets with many different pods, and check them better...
Pa team just killed many different ways to play the game..
Like this round... cath cant covop BS pods, xan cant covop CR or CO pods etc etc
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 17:48   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Cant agree more.
But thanks to mz/bennehs little trick, you cant get closed for initating roids, or only building pods thats intended to get stolen.

"Everyone can cov-op x:y:z" or "everyone can attack us to get roids" is the arguments MHs/mz/norse used.

Unread 10 Oct 2016, 19:05   #6
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

I prefer them freely cheating than this continuous nerf in our gameplay.

Restrictions only make the game more boring.

If xp is being exployted, make it something that can be lost.

If people farming pods, make access to pods easier.

Last edited by fortran; 10 Oct 2016 at 19:24.
fortran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 19:57   #7
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Cant agree more.
But thanks to mz/bennehs little trick, you cant get closed for initating roids, or only building pods thats intended to get stolen.

"Everyone can cov-op x:y:z" or "everyone can attack us to get roids" is the arguments MHs/mz/norse used.
Is mz/benneh the new make tags bigger? Ragging on users for an entirely legitimate tactic isn't exactly going to make for productive discussion.
Unread 10 Oct 2016, 23:49   #8
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Is mz/benneh the new make tags bigger? Ragging on users for an entirely legitimate tactic isn't exactly going to make for productive discussion.
Im not ragging on anyone.
And if it was anyone to be blamed it would be mostly Ace?

Yes, you can now say that signing up farms to cov-op was a legitmate tactic last round, but before mz/benneh legitmated it was not.
People like Mz, Benneh and dav the cheater is criminals that shouldve been stopped before it started, but since the MH team is giving them free reign to continue they did nothing wrong apparently.

What is a productive discussion these days?
Im just saying the obvious truth about why pod covop was removed. Are you challeging my claims?
Are you saying that signing up pod farms was something that would not get you closed prior to mz/benneh "xp strat"?

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 00:25   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Until Ace and(or) Appoco care to comment, you're just beating a dead horse BB. Enough is enough. Anyone that reads these forums anymore is pretty well versed in your opinion on the matter.

I have no idea what happened, or what supposedly happened, and I frankly don't care. Benneh has irritated enough people over the years (and won enough rounds) that I'm not surprised something like this is being brought up. Mz has always been, in the years I've "known" him here to be an upstanding person.

I would call out PA team to put this thing to bed, so we can all move on.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 00:48   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Its a very recent (shock) change, wich "wasnt alerted", this horse is still alive. Lets make sure we kick it some more so it wont get up again please.

Im kinda surprised you didnt catch what happened two rounds ago when a group of known individuals had 2/3 top3 planets.
Its a whole thread on AD on it basicly.
I thought u even played last round with this group??

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 01:21   #11
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Its a very recent (shock) change, wich "wasnt alerted", this horse is still alive. Lets make sure we kick it some more so it wont get up again please.
Fine, fair enough.

Quote:
Im kinda surprised you didnt catch what happened two rounds ago when a group of known individuals had 2/3 top3 planets.
Its a whole thread on AD on it basicly.
Benneh won by "exploiting" the def xp in some way is the best I can gather. Something about the galaxy initiating roids to increase incoming, thus more 3 fleet options for defending for xp. Or something along those lines. I honestly have no idea.

I was ass-deep in the middle of fishing season that round. Not sure I even signed up. My planet history (if accurate) shows nothing r67. I looked at KIA a few times and lol'd, that's about all I had time for.

Quote:
I thought u even played last round with this group??
Yea, the usual suspects from Asc. Nobody said anything in chat, and certainly not anything to me in private chat. Look at my launch history, I missed most because of fishing and odd LT's. First round ever I didn't crash, for those very reasons.

I certainly never saw or heard about any dodgy shit going on in previous rounds.

Bottom line, nothing official from Appoco or PA Team, so "meh" from me. Would rather discuss the changes regardless of the reason, rather than making accusations and possibly de-railing threads.

I appreciate the response though, I hope mine helps.

Cochese

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 08:33   #12
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
We cant arest the thief, lets close the bank???
Makes no sense at all...
A way better make something like highlight planets with many different pods, and check them better...
Pa team just killed many different ways to play the game..
Like this round... cath cant covop BS pods, xan cant covop CR or CO pods etc etc
The concern is that there are 65 Terran planets, making it extremely difficult to steal BS pods. Was your round strat to steal BS pods for Cath on a group of 10-15 planets? If so, that would be impossible given the current population and this was only achievable through the creation of a farm.

That being said, PA team could monitor ship farms a lot closer and input the caveat that if the planet is found to be a farm all ships stolen from it will be removed. I'd happily accept that risk.
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 15:55   #13
Joseph
Error

well, i know very well 80% of pa players are very lazy this days, they dont even care being covoped (hi!!)...
i prefer lose some ships that change pop or build guards, yes, im that noob.. and im sure many around do the same... thats why i used to covop ships past rounds and always ended up with nice fleets... not that i used them to win anything, but i like the idea of having multiple choices when attacking... takes u time and a lot of scan resources to find decent covop targets.. but when u do it, its a happy day in the end.. thats the goal of playing a game imo..

remove covop pods is shit and not discussed with anyone from community, cant understand the reason at all...
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 16:29   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I have very little symathy for players who have lost out on cov opping pods as they quite often sign up a pod planet and polute the playerbase.... well done PA team
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 16:43   #15
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I think you vastly overestimate the amount of people that cheat with covert ops. Either way, you shouldn't have sympathy for those that cheat, but rather for those that enjoyed something that's now taken out of the game.

There's also still a way to get pods now via covert ops, but doing so would be so obvious even the MH should see it!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2016, 16:47   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

What i find amusing is that people hasnt seen this comming since r67.
"Wait what, you can now only sign up as a cov-op podfarm and not get closed for it?!"

Unread 11 Oct 2016, 16:50   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I think you vastly overestimate the amount of people that cheat with covert ops. Either way, you shouldn't have sympathy for those that cheat, but rather for those that enjoyed something that's now taken out of the game.

There's also still a way to get pods now via covert ops, but doing so would be so obvious even the MH should see it!
You could cov-op zik ships, and land on a pod farm ofc.
And this is not a punishable offense either, just a creative way to do it.