User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Sep 2010, 10:12   #101
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

Remember a round many, many ages ago (think it was r19?) I named my planet "Gum of the Bum". Fiery - the utmost incompetent MH I've ever had the pleasure to meet - changed the name to to something about a bear and gave me a warning.

Got it back eventually as long as I promised 'gum' didn't point to shit and 'bum' didn't point to the ass

edit: She also removed the galaxy banner of FoxyStoat (a community site with former PA players) because the banner linked to the site and the site has a NSFW-section (which requires registering and acceptance to get access to).

edit2: and when reading the pa-thread on that site; she closed welshy's account because of the planet name "Distributor of AIDS".

edit3: and kila's planet name "Size of Annie's Breasts" removed because it was demeaning to women.

Last edited by Nadar; 2 Sep 2010 at 10:21.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 10:39   #102
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar View Post
edit3: and kila's planet name "Size of Annie's Breasts" removed because it was demeaning to women.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 11:23   #103
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:

That is absolutely hilarious coming from her, approximately a year or so ago, she was spouting crap all over the private channel about how much her breasts were hurting (not quite as tame language) and when I inquired why (thinking perhaps she was ill) she clearly stated that they hurt because she was so vigorous in her love making with her new boyfriend.

Now I have seriously cleaned that up, as her actual words (90% of them) would be starred out by the word censor.

Fiery will probably deny this, and no doubt this comment will be deleted by a Moderator after her complaining, but tbh I couldn't care less, I have the IRC logs, and can prove it by corroboration from at least 12 other witnesses who also have there IRC logs.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 12:01   #104
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The keyword being "private".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 14:14   #105
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
That is absolutely hilarious coming from her, approximately a year or so ago, she was spouting crap all over the private channel about how much her breasts were hurting (not quite as tame language) and when I inquired why (thinking perhaps she was ill) she clearly stated that they hurt because she was so vigorous in her love making with her new boyfriend.

Now I have seriously cleaned that up, as her actual words (90% of them) would be starred out by the word censor.

Fiery will probably deny this, and no doubt this comment will be deleted by a Moderator after her complaining, but tbh I couldn't care less, I have the IRC logs, and can prove it by corroboration from at least 12 other witnesses who also have there IRC logs.
Not that I care much about Fiery, but you show an obvious lack of character right there. I can see why you were picked as MH.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 14:43   #106
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
Not that I care much about Fiery, but you show an obvious lack of character right there. I can see why you were picked as MH.
He is no longer a MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Are you saying you have logs from private channels you'll be using as evidence?

Last edited by Appocomaster; 2 Sep 2010 at 14:48.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 14:49   #107
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
He is no longer a MH

Are you saying you have logs from private channels you'll be using as evidence?
Maturity is prevalent within all of Judges posts and comments, especially in his mails to people.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 15:14   #108
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Just to clarify; Annie was in my gal at the time, I'd cleared it with her and even got her to tell the MH it was alright. Remy also refused to let me change it to "Size of Chicken Breasts" which really annoyed me, although I think I had a chat with him about this incident after he left the MH in which he said that it was PA-team that chose the policy and he just had to enforce it.

Last edited by Cincinnatus; 2 Sep 2010 at 17:06.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 16:43   #109
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Just to clarify; Annie was in my gal at the time, I'd cleared it with her and even got her to tell the MH it was alright. Remy also refused to let me change it to "Size of Chicken Breasts" which really annoyed me, although I think I had a chat with him about this incident after he left the MH in which he said that it was PA-team that chose the policy and he just had to enforce it.
Annie isnt just an IRC nick, its also a common name or nickname. Although, size of chicken breasts should of been a perfectly good rename. If i was MH, i'd of just changed it to "Size of Kilas Breasts"
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 2 Sep 2010 at 17:12. Reason: Edited to remove quote of removed post :)
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 17:03   #110
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Having the pleasure of knowing Fiery before she became a multihunter, stuff like that was not at all uncommon. You shouldn't have asked if you didn't want to know though. Always found it odd that she became an MH, but having a potty mouth herself certainly didn't affect her MH work as anything quasi offensive got shut down.

Who are we really censoring this game for anymore though? I've never actually had my planet renamed or been warned for it, but I honestly don't see the harm in most of the things that get changed.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 17:30   #111
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't think of any forum that's moderated worse than PD is. Jesus. Get a proper moderator on here. Don't you guys have something better to do?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 22:07   #112
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Annie isnt just an IRC nick, its also a common name or nickname. Although, size of chicken breasts should of been a perfectly good rename. If i was MH, i'd of just changed it to "Size of Kilas Breasts"
Yeah, his breasts are probably larger than those of any of the girls he has touched.
Unread 2 Sep 2010, 23:12   #113
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

what can i say? if there's grass on the wicket, let's play cricket...
Unread 3 Sep 2010, 07:27   #114
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah, his breasts are probably larger than those of any of the girls he has touched.
He must feel a right tit
Unread 3 Sep 2010, 10:31   #115
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I should be MH!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2010, 12:37   #116
ricoshay

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

I agree with you.
Unread 3 Sep 2010, 18:28   #117
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I should be MH!
plz never let this happen :crymeariver:

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2010, 20:47   #118
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I should be MH!
my first thoughts were....

thats like having a paedofile working as a lollypopman \ childrens crossing attendent
Unread 3 Sep 2010, 22:49   #119
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Why is there even a rule about offensive names and banners? This is the interwebs. Get over it. If it's not illegal, then :careface:.
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 09:42   #120
BlackDog
ND's Honourary Welshman

BlackDog is on a distinguished road

Of course there is always the option of not allowing any choice of ruler/planet name and designating arbitrary ones from a database.

Thereby stripping away yet another layer of this once rich game......
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 09:53   #121
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Because choosing tough/cool/edgy names for your r/p is such a key aspect of PA. I don't know what we'd do without it.
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 11:19   #122
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
my first thoughts were....

thats like having a paedofile working as a lollypopman \ childrens crossing attendent
After i wrote this obvious joke, I started thinking about how much the MH team would benefit from having someone with wide player experience in the MH staff. The game needs a new head MH, who will push to re-write the entire EULA, because its hostile to the existing community and new signups.
Nothing can be changed about MH powertrips until the EULA had a makeover and we need a new head MH to do that.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 13:37   #123
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Because choosing tough/cool/edgy names for your r/p is such a key aspect of PA. I don't know what we'd do without it.
Thats why im all for the 'if you abuse the priviledge, its taken away' as if its a minor abuse which you dont even think is offensive, its not as if its gamechanging.

Should just be if your fleet name is deemed offensive, its returned to the default names and your priviledge to rename is revoked. Nothing else done, no closures, no warnings.

and r/p, you cant rename after shuffle anyway.. So thats just a simple default namechange then give them the option to change it via #multihunters if they wish (where the multihunters check weither there new name is offensive there and then).

Quote:
After i wrote this obvious joke, I started thinking about how much the MH team would benefit from having someone with wide player experience in the MH staff. The game needs a new head MH, who will push to re-write the entire EULA, because its hostile to the existing community and new signups.
Nothing can be changed about MH powertrips until the EULA had a makeover and we need a new head MH to do that.
I'd do it if i had the opportunity to considering i dont play PA properly anymore, just signup and idle but i guess ive made too many enemys during my time playing PA to be accepted. Coupled with the fact, that i doubt the current MH's would want a new person coming in as Head MH as they'd expect that one of themselves would be picked to step up if Ace ever steps down.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 14:49   #124
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
I agree with you about a player with experience but I had a more suitable person in mind ....

Quote:
Thats why im all for the 'if you abuse the priviledge, its taken away' as if its a minor abuse which you dont even think is offensive, its not as if its gamechanging.

Should just be if your fleet name is deemed offensive, its returned to the default names and your priviledge to rename is revoked. Nothing else done, no closures, no warnings.

I'd do it if i had the opportunity to considering i dont play PA properly anymore, just signup and idle but i guess ive made too many enemys during my time playing PA to be accepted. Coupled with the fact, that i doubt the current MH's would want a new person coming in as Head MH as they'd expect that one of themselves would be picked to step up if Ace ever steps down.
I think you would be a good choice for a multi hunter between your proposed changes to Multihunter polices and just in general "take no pish" attitude. Similar (but not the same) to assassin in a way when he was in MH.
At the very least you deserve a work trial.... if you are willing to sign NDA (If I remember correctly you werent too keen on signing up your real details for a planet)

I would also invite ace to explain why he is still worthy of the Head multihunter role in PA aswell.
Nothing personal but It needs to be done.
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 15:00   #125
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Thank God we don't get to decide who the multihunters are.
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 15:06   #126
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Thank God we don't get to decide who the multihunters are.
I know heaven forbid if we Had a multihunter that condoned VNC use
Unread 8 Sep 2010, 00:59   #127
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
The keyword being "private".

The channel is deemed as "No Quote" and as I did not quote but paraphrased her words to indicate the type of person she is, I broke no "Rules".

I just found it ironic that she would act to change an R/P name that was mildly sexual, when she has a potty mouth on her that would shame a whore.
Unread 8 Sep 2010, 07:56   #128
Mzyxptlk
mz.

You broke no rules but you're still a cock. You also missed my point, which, though it may have been a little subtle, has been repeated several times in no uncertain terms in this very thread.
Unread 8 Sep 2010, 09:26   #129
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
The channel is deemed as "No Quote" and as I did not quote but paraphrased her words to indicate the type of person she is, I broke no "Rules".

I just found it ironic that she would act to change an R/P name that was mildly sexual, when she has a potty mouth on her that would shame a whore.
Judge, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours. I think that you've missed all the attempts that people have made to tell you this. I'd really stop digging.
Unread 8 Sep 2010, 13:30   #130
ricoshay

Quote:
You're being a hypocrite right now. You've done the same thing until you got sacked or whatever.

Getting back on topic:

Any official statement on the MH team?
Unread 8 Sep 2010, 15:29   #131
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I got my planet/rulername changed today.
I still don't think "FEED THE HORSE" of "YUM YUM" was offensive but clearly mh team disagreed with me.

Still, I thank butter for being patient with me (I got a little pissed off and acted a bit childish at times) and in the end changing my planet/rulername to something of my own choosing that was acceptable.

Edit:
Oh, and thanks to my idiot gc dark-strider for reporting me!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 8 Sep 2010 at 15:51.
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2010, 19:29   #132
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough

Appoco when did the scope of the Multihunters grow to include this nonsense?

The benefit of a Multihunter i get, stop cheaters - benefit game. However this banal name changing is too subjective and just damned frustrating for the players.

Just write a big list of naughty words and have them checked during the sign up process?

Dark-strider pasted the log of him (playfully) reporting Veedeejem's rp name, the most concerning bit was butter coming across as joyful due to finding something new for her naughty list!

The MH team has historically been let down my MH'ers taking themselves to seriously - time for a change!
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2010, 19:59   #133
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
"FEED THE HORSE" of "YUM YUM"
I had to google this. A heads-up to butter, for this to possibly be considered offensive by someone they'd have to be listening to a band called fagget fairys. In this case they're probably somewhat unlikely to be 12 year olds and offended by what are, without that context, completely neutral and inoffensive words. This is really just a case of someone trying to find problems that don't exist that they can solve in order to justify their own useless job.
Unread 9 Sep 2010, 01:20   #134
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
This is really just a case of someone trying to find problems that don't exist that they can solve in order to justify their own useless job.
this sums up this entire thread pretty well.

/thread
Unread 9 Sep 2010, 07:53   #135
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Best part was when the initially changed it from feed the horse to feed the donkey of a carrot...
You perform the same basic action when feeding a horse or feeding a donkey, and if "feed the horse" is considered dirty then I don't even want to know what feeding the donkey a carrot means

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2010, 12:50   #136
ricoshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Best part was when the initially changed it from feed the horse to feed the donkey of a carrot...
You perform the same basic action when feeding a horse or feeding a donkey, and if "feed the horse" is considered dirty then I don't even want to know what feeding the donkey a carrot means
Probably the same as taking the drooler to the mudpit.
Unread 9 Sep 2010, 14:47   #137
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what an ace thread. I can't believe I've not been reading it...
Unread 9 Sep 2010, 16:53   #138
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
Probably the same as taking the drooler to the mudpit.

What does that mean?
Unread 9 Sep 2010, 23:19   #139
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

anal sex reference, or at least - it could be interpreted that way!
Unread 11 Sep 2010, 14:18   #140
Tietäjä
Good Son

Ah, I see. Mudpit. How clever.
Unread 11 Sep 2010, 17:38   #141
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:

Tbh i always found it strange they allowed you onto the MH team in the first place, as i recalled how much abuse you gave me when the support planet rule (and many rules) were implemented in my time as the MH manager, to then put you in charge of policing these same rules made me shudder.

But i do think what people are trying to point out to you here which you are obviously failing to grasp is it was a 'private' channel full of what i presume to either be support member staff or MH staff. So therefore reps of PA. Correct you havent quoted what she had said word for word, but have still managed to pretty much tell us what she did say, and also threatend to produce logs of the incident if she denied it (which would be quotong stuff from a private channel which is no quote?...)

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2010, 09:49   #142
unimatrix

unimatrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
'Kaka' does not mean 'shit' in Dutch. The word you're looking for is 'kak', and it's better translated as 'poo'.
kaka does mean "shit" in dutch. lol

xVx Morale HC R 90

We shall rise like a phoenix

ancient times :

vVv , Angel , Fury , Šragons , TUD, TGE, eclipse , 4D , chaoz , ACID , Vision , Osiris , Newdawn , xVx , CT

unimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2010, 09:52   #143
Mzyxptlk
mz.

We went over this. Read the thread before posting bullshit.
Unread 13 Sep 2010, 10:01   #144
unimatrix

unimatrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We went over this. Read the thread before posting bullshit.
Do you always respond so agressivly? If so i suggest you go find some help

i can see why some are closed down , tbh i think the MH do a good job. If you get closed it must be for a reason , although i find the "geil" reason rather weak its still a reason.

xVx Morale HC R 90

We shall rise like a phoenix

ancient times :

vVv , Angel , Fury , Šragons , TUD, TGE, eclipse , 4D , chaoz , ACID , Vision , Osiris , Newdawn , xVx , CT

unimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2010, 12:27   #145
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrix View Post
i can see why some are closed down , tbh i think the MH do a good job. If you get closed it must be for a reason , although i find the "geil" reason rather weak its still a reason.
Thats what this thread is about, custom names should not be a reason for closure when the multihunters have the ability to simply change the name (and in the case of fleets, remove the ability to rename them).
Unread 13 Sep 2010, 22:43   #146
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

It has been a while since i read this thread. It has quite a bit of new responses.

As ex-MH, and as player returned, i now have a much better insight then when i was just MH. The way the game is being played, has changed a lot since i became MH in round 18 havoc. If i was to become head of MH now, i would be better at my job JUST because i played a few rounds again. (I still think i did a good job in the past of course, and yes, you all probably will contest that opinion :P ).

I also think that a lot of the current EULA on cheating and such needs some serious reconsideration. Some rules aren't strict enough, are too strict, and others are probably a bit useless. The rules and regulation spage in the manual was a good step forward, but it can still be improved a lot. To be honest, it would be a challenge to make something that is leaner, easier, clearer, fairer (?) and friendlier, and STILL keep out the cheaters and offenders.

If MH dept. would succeed in making such a better EULA, then I would also be for the removal of most of the appeal system. IF the rules were friendly, simple and strict, you could do away with speaking in #multihunters, appeling, debating, etc. You would just deal with the actions taken against you. This should be possible. Or is this utopia?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2010, 22:56   #147
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
If MH dept. would succeed in making such a better EULA, then I would also be for the removal of most of the appeal system. IF the rules were friendly, simple and strict, you could do away with speaking in #multihunters, appeling, debating, etc. You would just deal with the actions taken against you. This should be possible. Or is this utopia?
tbh, i dont see why you even needed to play the game to tell that some rules were absolutly stupid with the punishment too harsh.

Id stake a guess, that the vast majority (over 80%) of closures are now due to fleet/planet/ruler name violations instead of cheating. Why hasnt any Multihunter decided to change the system where these arent closure reasons, where you can simply revoke their access to rename their fleets and rename whatever was deemed offensive.

The multihunter rules annoy me soo much, half of me thinks they cant be that stupid but then the other half thinks that they're still carrying on with these stupid rules.

Ace has had multiple rounds as head MH now and has changed absolutly nothing. Seriously, isnt their anyone with an ounce of intelligence in the MH team?
Unread 14 Sep 2010, 13:37   #148
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Seriously, isnt their anyone with an ounce of intelligence in the MH team?
Since maybe 2004 or 2003?
Unread 14 Sep 2010, 13:39   #149
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bureaucracy expands to fill the available space or something.
Unread 15 Sep 2010, 13:12   #150
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
But i do think what people are trying to point out to you here which you are obviously failing to grasp is it was a 'private' channel full of what i presume to either be support member staff or MH staff. So therefore reps of PA. Correct you havent quoted what she had said word for word, but have still managed to pretty much tell us what she did say, and also threatend to produce logs of the incident if she denied it (which would be quotong stuff from a private channel which is no quote?...)

The channel in question is/was #helpdesk.ops

The channel is considered to be where the Support team and the MH Team hang out in a common place, presumably to discuss issues pertaining (within the boundaries of MH disclosure).
When I inquired about who was the "owner" of this channel I was informed it was Fiery, and that whilst it was "private" it was private in the sense that it was HER private channel.

It is not a NO Quote Channel, unlike #support or #multihunters, although that never stops any of the players quoting what is said when it suits them.

My mentioning of the logs was not a threat, it was to add credibility to my allegations of what was said.
At no point did I state that I would publish the logs, I merely stated that I had them available, as do others that were in the channel at that time.