User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 16 Nov 2007, 02:42   #1
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough
Multitargeting

I notice T2 and T3 are back this round.
I've been palying for several rounds, but I started after this feature was dropped.
Can someone explain how it works?
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 02:49   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Multitargeting

Essentially, all ships will fire at their T1 untill they either run out of shots or all T1 targets are destroyed. If they run out of shots, then no shots are fired at T2 or T3.

If all of T1 ships are destroyed, then it will move onto T2 and fire untill all remaining shots have been fired, or all of T2 is destroyed. If all shots are used, then no shots are fired at T3. Shots fored at T2 have a downward modifier so they're less powerful (is it 60% of T1?).

If there are remaining shots after T2, and the ship has a T3, then all remaining damage will be dealt to T3. If all of T3 is destroyed, all remaining shots are then "lost". T3 also has a downward modifier as well (is it 40%?).

Essentially, if you have a ship that targets FI/CO/FR for T1/T2/T3, and all of your ships do 1million damage. Say that there is 500k worth of armour for Fighters, 200k for Corvettes and 20k for Frigates, you would destroy all the Fighters, then all of the Corvettes, and then most of the frigates.

For all intents and purposes, targeting works just like it did during PAX; only that instead of only having a T1 and remaining damage being immediately lost if those targets arent present, then damage is dealt (at a lesser rate) to other classes.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 03:03   #3
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

SO normal firepower/armor efficiency is not rediced on T2/T3 targets, that's interesting (They're just lower priority)
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2007, 09:07   #4
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Actually they ARE reduced... Shots made at T2 do less damage than those made at T1, and shots made at T3 do less than those at T2.

T1, T2, T3 have all the same initiative though.

I'll take the example of the Zik Cutter:
Init = 4
T1 = CO, dmg = 11
T2 = FR, dmg = 7
T3 = DE, dmg = 4

It is more and more inefficient for T2 and T3, as you can see, because you will need many more ships (11/4 = 2.75 times) to do the same damage on DE than on CO.