User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 3 Jan 2006, 18:09   #51
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Espionage

Ahem. If the NDA/waiver wasn't so shit, then I'd have already told you this

Advanced Atmospheric Exploration - see ships in production, destroy ships in production, wipe news.

All of these are bad ideas, especially the last one which is horrific. Imagine coming back to your planet after a day off, only to find yourself without any roids, ships or news to explain how that happened. Mr Newbie would probably quit on the spot.

The idea of not being able to see ships in production has always made attacking that bit more interesting - planet scans can be vital near the end of the round to see if your target has built ships. Of course, this requires though. You're just making things too easy for people (remember that there'll still be alliance scanners).

Advanced Outerspace Techniques - find out launching times of pre-launched fleets (bad idea), re-introduction of mil scan.

Bad bad ideas. These are both good changes made in PaX, please explain why you want to bring them back
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 18:23   #52
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It was just a list of possiblities that I ended up making a tech tree for; not finalised (as I've just told you on IRC )

The mil scan would be the R9 etc mil scan, not showing co-ords or locations. I think that it needs to be at least coded, if not actually enabled, as also coded is the ability to fully cloak ships like pre PAX.

the ship production scan wouldn't necessairly tell you when they were due - just that those ships were coming, but I guess it does kill the mystery, and so the relevant covert op can be ditched. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the in base / out of base scan + covert op type thing.
TBH I was just trying to add extra possiblities - I'm willing to listen for any other new suggestions too
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 13:00   #53
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

i like the idea of guards but the agent thing still sucks it's good for cov ops but for scans i think into amps more then agents. also i think towards stealth generation how much are agents adding to your stealth and still once u got further in the game make it worth it for going full cov-op/scans xp for a succes?
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 15:20   #54
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
PaX was a mess though. And how do you make it easy to rebuild? - salvage?
Easy. You implement an idea that i have been touting since R5 (maybe R4) which i called War Loans.

The idea is that when you loose a fleet, or ships from a fleet, you are able to get a lump sum loan from the 'intergalactic council'. You could choose three levels - 75% of the lost fleet, 50% or 25%. The drawback is that those loans are repaid in full at 50%, 30% and 10% of your income respectively. It is totally non-abusable as you have to repay all your money back over time and even at the highest setting you cant regain all of your fleet (thus making fleet catching still viable). However, what it does mean is that players who loose big chunks of their fleet are not crippled for the entire round, which imo is a good thing.

But the idea has been looked over so many timesi n the past it should almost be a proverb :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Mr Newbie would probably quit on the spot.
No, i probably wouldnt. It would warrant an eyebrow raise, however. .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 17:55   #55
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
War Loans.
Suiciding for xp too much more rewarding/easy imo.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 18:04   #56
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
Suiciding for xp too much more rewarding/easy imo.
I am not so sure - at most you would only be getting back 75% of your fleet. There was a discussion on IRC in #strategy about it when i first posted it and it was suggested that only one loan should be taken out at any one time - that way you newbie-proof the system to stop them from taking out more loans than their income provides, plus the system is designed not to baby-sit the whole universe, but to lend a hand to those in need when they need it most.

I didnt go into alot of detail as tbh i just expected it to be ignored again, but its a fairly wholesome idea.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 18:07   #57
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Ok, I think that at least for now, Espionage will probably end up replacing covert ops in some shape, as it doesn't seem to currently fit scans and the scan mentality everyone has
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 10:28   #58
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

personally.. i m for the improvement of the covert op, adding an element of chance(not be fully randomise though) and having scan blocked (without the use of 130 distorters!)

i think i suggest something probably base on race traits...

after all, nothing is 100% perfect :-)

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 12:50   #59
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

i'd say just don't put time delays in and make it possible to see things that scans can't with ofc a succes % making the game (for me) more diverse with way more options. allthough i think espionage is better then the cov ops atm
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote